Chic ways to wear Birkenstocks

They (the EVA Arizonas at least) are horribly uncomfortable for anything more than a quick stroll down to the pool (unless worn with socks .) The last time I used them I got a blister on the top of my foot from the strap, which impacted my ability to wear any leather Arizonas for a couple weeks. It was tragic. They don’t break in ever, and are not easily packable into a suitcase for travel. Basically junk shoes. Whatever I’d use them for, I prefer Havianas or Rainbows every time. Would not recommend at all. Better to just have a beater pair of leather ones.

Could just be me though, my s/o wears them all the time without issues (we’re fashionable I swear…)

I did get EVA Arizonas and Honolulus. I find them fairly comfortable with a few drawbacks:
- the Arizonas do rub one spot on the top of my foot no matter how tight or loose I buckle them, so can’t go for super long walks in them.
- the darker EVA colors get “chalky” looking, like they’re covered in dust even when clean
- in really hot weather, my feet sweat in them and then they get slippery to walk in!

Overall, I do really like the Honolulus. Super lightweight and don’t flop and smack my feet like regular flip-flops.

I love Madrids in both regular and Eva (for the pool) but also like the back strap styles for wearing over longer distances. Not sure they are as chic but not sure I care that much either. I have flat ones and ones with a slight wedge. No blisters which is good.

Reactions: foxgal
Staud X Birkenstock seems like it would be a great collaboration!

View attachment 5410677
Just ordered the Staud x Birkenstock Gizah! Can't wait for them to come in. I've only had one pair or Birk's - Arizona's and many moons ago (20 years?). They weren't my style. But the Gizeh style with the Staud touches are really speaking to me! If I love them, I may even consider the Arizona/Staud. They really are pretty. Full pics and review to come.

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 9.13.25 PM.png

Just ordered the Staud x Birkenstock Gizah! Can't wait for them to come in. I've only had one pair or Birk's - Arizona's and many moons ago (20 years?). They weren't my style. But the Gizeh style with the Staud touches are really speaking to me! If I love them, I may even consider the Arizona/Staud. They really are pretty. Full pics and review to come.

View attachment 5418895

Those look great! Love the contrast stitching.

I just checked out the collection, and have to say I’m disappointed there are only two shoes :annoyed: …just Gizeh in black and Arizona in tan. I was hoping there would be lots of fun colors like hot pink and lime green croc. A missed opportunity for both companies imho.

Those look great! Love the contrast stitching.

I just checked out the collection, and have to say I’m disappointed there are only two shoes :annoyed: …just Gizeh in black and Arizona in tan. I was hoping there would be lots of fun colors like hot pink and lime green croc. A missed opportunity for both companies imho.
Agreed! I was hoping for a fun red! Maybe if this collection does well, they’ll do it again with more options.
I want the Arizona but I’ll holding out to see how I like the Gizeh.

Reactions: foxgal

View attachment 5418895
Congrats on your new shoes! I ordered the Staud Arizonas in Saddle - I’ve been wanting a pair in a saddle or cognac color for ages so these fit the bill. Fingers crossed we are both happy with our purchases :heart:

Reactions: MooMooVT
I am so in love with the EVA Birkenstocks! I didn’t even know these iterations existed until I went into a Schuh before a lunch to pass the time before the reservation.

The Coral Peach Multi colourway caught my eye, and as luck would have it, I got the last pair in my size!

I am obsessed with them, and because I haven’t had a chance to wear them out of the house, I’m wearing them while I mosey about at home lol!
D3801DC9-BF8A-4565-A23A-140BA168D85B.jpegF1E7E3E2-F822-4B8F-AB3B-6B23DA0CB48F.jpeg

I was planning on going to Manolo to try these on; I guess I missed out! Congrats to everyone who got a pair :smile:

I posted pics of some birkenstock and birkenstock collaborations (post #4) on another thread linked below, but here are some cross posts and other pics, including some birkenstock sneakers. Probably my favorite are the Valentino collaborations (I have three versions). I’m not sure how to wear blue shearling arizonas or bostons except as house slippers lol. I prefer the slip on sneakers (black, white, gray), but I also have silver, black, and white lace ups and blue suede side zip boots with white soles, and some other random some random styles. I love the black calf hair and striped calf hair ones, so I save them for special occasions lol. I am a fan of the covered leather footbed and try to avoid exposed cork.

16CB25BF-5397-41B7-9EA4-457AD4D79DDF.jpegDCD82706-088D-49E3-81E9-D4784173A981.jpeg7A58B417-C337-4CDF-B5CB-4935A9766A2F.jpeg8A7535C8-6970-4AC6-9B39-60EF98114580.jpeg005DFEF9-FB83-410E-8E11-CBD2101B864D.jpegBB77E361-9A27-467F-AA34-45AE590E3676.jpeg6288CC55-4403-4886-84E9-DF9DEB6984A4.jpeg619AF924-1FC3-4F0B-8406-E68957440999.jpeg24157292-11FF-459D-B2B3-713FEDD237A0.jpeg CB2653AE-E4AE-4D15-8873-4B538A0DF549.jpeg982D12F9-6582-4F18-B117-5B70A1ED827C.jpegC2748AF9-85DD-4054-80C0-E7F32EE79CDB.jpeg

Last edited:
I was planning on going to Manolo to try these on; I guess I missed out! Congrats to everyone who got a pair :smile:

I posted pics of some birkenstock and birkenstock collaborations (post #4) on another thread linked below, but here are some cross posts and other pics, including some birkenstock sneakers. Probably my favorite are the Valentino collaborations (I have three versions). I’m not sure how to wear blue shearling arizonas or bostons except as house slippers lol. I prefer the slip on sneakers (black, white, gray), but I also have silver, black, and white lace ups and blue suede side zip boots with white soles, and some other random some random styles. I love the black calf hair and striped calf hair ones, so I save them for special occasions lol. I am a fan of the covered leather footbed and try to avoid exposed cork.

I am considering the leather covered footbed as well. May I ask why you prefer that over cork?

I am considering the leather covered footbed as well. May I ask why you prefer that over cork?
I prefer the dressier, urban look of leather over the exposed cork sole. In addition, the dark leather insole does not show wear like the traditional light colored footbed. However, for maximum comfort while walking, the traditional cork is best. The covered leather footbedl while comfortable, has some slip, and your foot will not sink and mold the same way. I do have a leather covered footbed collaboration (pic 10) that is oddly one of the most comfortable. The puffy quilted upper cradles the foot and the Velcro fastening holds it in place. I’ve walked miles in these.

Last edited:
Reactions: shopaholicious