Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I agree with 880! If you are asking then maybe you maybe you could pass? :rolleyes:

The CC logo cardigan is cute and my SA is trying to persuade me that it is such a sought after piece in my city, but I know I don't want to get an item that has so many logos on it which may look dated in a years time.
Agree. The logos on the cardigan are too much for me. I’d feel like an advertisement wearing it.

I was not a fan of this cardigan when I saw it in person the other day. But, I love it on you. You wear it so well! :biggrin:

@lulu212121 , there was an article in FT re Chinese buyers slowing down on luxury. I couldn’t post the link due to paywall, but the title was Right Now We Don’t Need Luxury; CHinese Shoppers Re Evaluate Their Spending

Last edited:
I have a black and pink tweed jacket from last year. I wore it recently and all this black fuzz started coming off the jacket and sticking onto my shirt underneath and onto my pants. I'm confused because this didn't happen the last few times.

Does anyone know what to do with tweed to avoid this? I've worn this jacket 4 times so I'm annoyed this is happening on a 10K jacket. I get that a tweed jacket can't stay pristine, but the black fuzz getting on everything is a terrible look. I've never had this happen to any tweed jacket from any other brand, let alone Chanel.

Should I lint roll it? Do you treat it with some sort of spray? I've never had this happen to any of my other jackets. I don't think a cashmere brush would work here and there's no way you should use a fabric shaver on tweed.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.33.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.33.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.33.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.34.38 AM.png

Last edited:
I
I have a black and pink tweed jacket from last year. I wore it recently and all this black fuzz started coming off the jacket and sticking onto my shirt underneath and onto my pants. I'm confused because this didn't happen the last few times.

Does anyone know what to do with tweed to avoid this? I've worn this jacket 4 times so I'm annoyed this is happening on a 10K jacket. I get that a tweed jacket can't stay pristine, but the black fuzz getting on everything is a terrible look. I've never had this happen to any tweed jacket from any other brand, let alone Chanel.

Should I lint roll it? Do you treat it with some sort of spray? I've never had this happen to any of my other jackets. I don't think a cashmere brush would work here and there's no way you should use a fabric shaver on tweed.

View attachment 5431618 View attachment 5431619View attachment 5431620 View attachment 5431621
I don't know why your jacket is doing that, but I will say I avoid any Chanel that has "paper" as a material. Several years ago I bought a top with paper and it did not age well at all. May have been a fluke, though.

Can you contact your SA? Mine never do anymore, but they are suppose to explain how to care for their products.

View attachment 5431618 View attachment 5431619View attachment 5431620 View attachment 5431621
I am so sorry this happened to you. something similar happened to one of my boucle jackets once decades ago. I was within the current season, so I asked to exchange (i thought it was a random fluke). Sadly, there were none left, so chanel refunded me. Since you’ve had this for two years, perhaps take it to chanel to see if their in house team can take care of the current fuzz, and possibly make suggestions as to how to care for it? Or, if a chanel flagship is not convenient to you, a top of the line dry cleaner or tailor? On line, I see some suggestions to use a lint roller or other DIY like tape, but if this were mine, I’d rather a professional tell me what to do. Fingers crossed this works out as it is a stunning piece.

@hphile I use a defuzzer, for lack of a better description, when this happens. Is this all over or just at stress points. Shoulder bags and seat belts are big offenders When shopping I tend to stay away from things that look like they have this capability. I tried on a printed cardie yesterday that was really pretty, but there were bands os a fuzzier wool in the design, and I knew that it would be prone to pilling.

Tried look 42 and to say it was a weird fit on me is an understatement. The tux jacket fit great and I loved it, but I don’t need another tux at this point in life.

On the whole there was very little to try on. My boutique didn’t get much in general. This certainly makes sense as to why there won’t be a sale. There is nothing to put on sale lol!

I have the exact same jacket with same problem. Fuzz started coming off and I only worn it twice. Exactly as you described I had fuzz all over my sweater and the back of my pants.

B4EB9D82-B91C-4702-BCC6-DFA9B6AB6BD2.jpeg

7C532431-3363-49CA-98AF-83EABCE19613.jpeg

5BCC6819-4E52-4481-ACA0-A332D1515AEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone tried on this skirt? Is it very puffy? View attachment 5431938

@ClassicTwist post 29,538, page 1970 of this thread (link below ) tried it on and it looked amazing, not puffy as she is tall and slim. IMO, puffiness would depend on ones width to height ratio and general curviness. I’ve tried on similarly cut dior skirts and they puff out and make me look like a mushroom. Bc I have a thick waist, the slimmer waistband with pleats running from it is not flattering

Last edited:
@ClassicTwist post 29,538, page 1970 of this thread (link below ) tried it on and it looked amazing, not puffy as she is tall and slim. IMO, puffiness would depend on ones width to height ratio and general curviness. I’ve tried on similarly cut dior skirts and they puff out and make me look like a mushroom. Bc I have a thick waist, the slimmer waistband with pleats running from it is not flattering

Thank you so much! Looks beautiful on @ClassicTwist. The pleats seam to be soft and airy. Thank you!