Hayden Harnett - opinions please!

Rachael25

O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
Hi all

I know there are a couple of HH threads at the moment but I'm thinking of purchasing a HH bag and wanted opinions from people who have one. What is the leather like? Are they classic bags and do you wear them a lot?
All opinions greatly received!
TIA
Rachael.

I use my HH bags a lot. Leather is different for different colors and styles, but IMO it's all great. HH bags are on the casual side, IMO, but not too funky to be able to dress up a little bit. I wrote a "review" here:
http://unefemmeduncertainage.blogspot.com/2007/07/emotional-baggage-part-one-hayden.html

Hi there,
I was actually going to PM you as I saw you were a fan of HH! I've narrowed it down to the havana hobo or pastis frame bag. I'm a little concerned that the hobo may be too big, what do you think? I'm 5'10" and prefer big bags to little bags but it's so hard to tell from an online picture. I really like the eggplant colour and the HH website ship internationally (I'm in the UK). Decisions decisions...:confused1:

Hi there,
I was actually going to PM you as I saw you were a fan of HH! I've narrowed it down to the havana hobo or pastis frame bag. I'm a little concerned that the hobo may be too big, what do you think? I'm 5'10" and prefer big bags to little bags but it's so hard to tell from an online picture. I really like the eggplant colour and the HH website ship internationally (I'm in the UK). Decisions decisions...:confused1:

FWIW, I'm 5'2 and happen to adore the Havana! It doesn't feel big on me at all. I think the key is in the adjustable strap (I have mine on the shortest setting so the bag hangs perfectly) and the fact that it conforms nicely and still looks pretty sleek even when stuffed full. It has lovely drape and the wide shoulder strap is so comfy. It is definitely a go to bag for me! :tup: HTH!

FWIW, I'm 5'2 and happen to adore the Havana! It doesn't feel big on me at all. I think the key is in the adjustable strap (I have mine on the shortest setting so the bag hangs perfectly) and the fact that it conforms nicely and still looks pretty sleek even when stuffed full. It has lovely drape and the wide shoulder strap is so comfy. It is definitely a go to bag for me! :tup: HTH!

That helps a lot, thank you! The more I look the more I love the Havana Hobo in Eggplant ;). What colour do you have? Is the strap long enough to wear messenger style or purely as a shoulder bag (it's the shoulder bag I want to be honest).
Thanks again
Rachael.

I haven't see the Pastis IRL (think it's a new design), but I'm 5'2" and do have the Havana hobo. The great thing about it is that it's very slouchy and if you don't fill the bag up, it hangs quite nicely and doesn't look huge. The eggplant looks like a lovely color too! :drool:

Hi
The models/colors that you are most interested are part of the new collection - so most people won't have seen them..... However a pf member 'help!!!slosh' is going to the HH store today (see this post) and is going to report back - so she might be able to give you some info.

Good luck with your choice.

i love hh bags...the leather is amazing on them! i love the salina and the inka hobo...the leather is scrumptious and the colors awesome! so many hayden harnetts, so little time....
!!!!

HH is amazing! The styles and leather are to die for. I owned three, but bought six more yesterday thanks to their insane sale!!!! If you're thinking of trying it out, do it now! You can get some bags for 80%off; they're practically giving them away.

Don't hesitate to try an HH bag. The leather is so wonderful and the details are so well thought out. I find I wear my HH bags more than my other bags because of the perfect blend of style and function -- very comfortable and wearable. For me, the best in this regard is the Havana hobo. I really don't think it's too big at all because it collapses and slouches softly against your body and doesn't seem to have that much in it even when it does have quite a lot.

Don't hesitate to try an HH bag. The leather is so wonderful and the details are so well thought out. I find I wear my HH bags more than my other bags because of the perfect blend of style and function -- very comfortable and wearable. For me, the best in this regard is the Havana hobo. I really don't think it's too big at all because it collapses and slouches softly against your body and doesn't seem to have that much in it even when it does have quite a lot.

Thank you for all your opinions....my only problem now is the colour. I LOVE the eggplant but would also have the brown and black if I could afford it. However, I'm thinking eggplant will be nice for autumn and winter and will go with the colours I wear (mainly black, grey, brown, blue, green etc). Does anyone have any discount codes?

I would do eggplant. This fall/ winter is all about grey with a splash of color- either your handbag, your shoes, etc.

I have 2 HH bags, 1 HH mercer indexer wallet, and several HH coin purses. I have the mercer triple compartment satchel... if I could do it all over again, I would not have bought it. I bought it to match my HH wallet (which I adore) but the bag doesn't hold it's shape well so all the hardware kind of looks odd (bought it in March). I also have the triple strap satchel but I haven't used it yet. The leather is completely different than the mercer... a little more tough and structured. It's going to be my work handbag. If I could have gotten it in smoke blue at the sale price, I would have preferred it. The coin purses are so cute! You will be pleasantly surprised if you get one. I think I have 4 or 5. Customer service is so awesome. Ben, co-owner of the line, is very cool and easy to communicate with.

I'm 5'7" and I don't find my Havana too big at all. I say go for the eggplant -- black bags are everywhere, but that will be a luscious fall color that not everyone else will have.

HHs are very well made and very wearable, I recommend them highly. Be careful though, they can be addicting!