Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022

Do you ladies follow the mom edit, one of them posted this video and I thought it was interesting and mostly true on her thoughts of the sale and what has stood the test of time in her closet

This is mostly true for me I just went back through my past purchases and the items with blends, patterns and bold colors are the ones returned or haven't lasted. There are so many cute items that I think will work but they just sit in my closet unworn. I kinda apply this to most sales or discount stores, if it's on sale it means it's been sitting there and others have passed on it or returned it. That blouse I like doesn't need a twin in a color that's not already in my closet.

The items that have stayed around are 100% cashmere or wool sweaters, the occasional coat or jacket in a classic color, underwear/ bras, pillows and blankets, beauty items I need refills of, the upgraded beauty tools.

None of the shoes have ever worked out besides an occasional trainer.

A lot of this is the hunt, we know these items will sell out and see others want them so we jump on it but in my case that item often sits in my closet with tags still on it or gets returned towards the end when the shine wears off the sale (hence seeing so many items pop back in stock)

This video was a good kick to remind myself that I really don't need that much and unless it's something I can see myself wearing for a long time I really don't need it.

Last edited:
I have golden goose and P448s. I also have slightly wide feet. I much much prefer the P448s over golden goose.
I agree. I have both and, for me, p448 are more comfortable. I still love GG when I can get a good deal…. I feel like your feet need to be the exact right shape for them (they fit me well), but less forgiving than other luxury Italian shoe brands (like p448).

I'm doing that thing I do where I buy all these great things on sale in June and then when this sale comes around. :girlsigh: I'm hoping to get some perfume this year, maybe some jeans and work tops. I'd like a great pair of work sandals.
I have a good amount of items from many years ago that I still have not worn so I need to be practical this year.

Last edited:
I think we also need to remember that designers are making these items exclusively to go on sale. They're not full price so hy would the designer put forth full price style or quality. Yes some items are worth it but others are those items we would have seen for 40-60% off eventually. Most of these items are heavily discounted 2 months after the sale. I guess a good litmus test is to ask yourself if you're going to buy it at full price and would it be something you'd buy at first sight. If you question it ask why, will it work with your existing wardrobe, will you have to buy a new items to make the outfit work? Like I love my burgundy All Saints leather jacket but i don't' have a lot items to pair it with, but the black one is universal.

I’ve been shopping this sale for ages and while I’ve had my share of misses, I’ve scored some all time faves here too! My fave leather jacket for one…super high quality and wasn’t cheap even at the sale price but worth every penny …Classiques brand. My Sofft cage wedges from a few years ago…I’ve worn the heck out of the black ones. My 2 Burberry wraps…remember when they always had one in the sale! Those huge thin cashmere scarves that were sooo soft and inexpensive. My fave black Gucci sunnies came from the sale and I use my Clare V camo bag from a few years ago all the time. And boots..back in the day they were sooo good! I still wear a pair of Aquatalia black ones and my Vera Wang Moto boots will last forever. I also loved the cute fashion scarves and still have quite a few pieces of costume jewelry…I used to always pick up Mars & Valentine pieces and Alexis Bittar as well. The past 2-3 years, I’ve mostly stocked up on beauty stuff tho…they always have a few good deals on stuff I always use.

Read somewhere that Icons can go in from June 22-28 to preview the lookbook with an SA. Has anyone heard of this?

Also would love recommendations for SAs at The Grove in Los Angeles! Think that’s usually a decently-stocked NAS location, but am open to other suggestions.
Oooooh good intel!
Come on icons… this is your chance to make a difference!

Finally something!
I don’t know if it was the lighting but I felt like I was looking at a clearance section at the rack. Some of the patterns and items looked low quality. Those leather pants are creeping me out (if anyone watches housewives the Ugly Leather Pants line is echoing in my head) Looking forward to the catalog in hopes of better lighting and styling. nice that she posted something though

Well, I already see some Charlotte Tilbury I want and that NuFace.

On top of replacing a weeks worth of Bliss Panties and 2 feathers bras, I’m going to get some more True & Co bras. Y’all talked about those last year & I didn’t get any. Then I saw them 40% off last fall and bought 2 after I had a surgery to remove a fibroid from my boob. I love those things! I sleep in them. They are so comfy. I bought the Target one, but it doesn’t stretch as much. So I’m going to get 2 more of those.