What's on your lips today(part 3)?

Amuse Dew Tint, shade 12 Sunday

12 Sunday.jpg

Since the pandemic, I’ve been sticking with lippies that are not necessarily matte yet don’t have a problem with color transfer and are mask friendly. With the Amuse Dew Tint, let it set for a minute and maybe blot once or twice to remove any excess color and you’re left with a good stain. For Romand (or Rom&nd) Glasting Water Tint (see a few posts up), let set for a minute after applying. The color stains the lips while the “water” (glassy) layer rises to the top and only this clear layer will transfer. With both products, the gloss will wear away on its own after about an hour, or blot if you want a less glassy look. These Korean product are everything the YSL glossy stains wished they were. I have the new Fenty Poutsicle on the way to try, but their range of colors for that line leave something to be desired. For fair skin tones, Romand and Amuse have some beautiful MLBB shades.

Reactions: Monera
Romand Juicy Lasting Tint, #20 Dark Coconut

View attachment 5430463

Not mask friendly, but it doesn’t bleed, and it wears evenly leaving a nice stain. Dark Coconut is such a perfect balance between red and brown. (Appears more red on me than the product photo.)

See it on Minsco (there are English subtitles) https://youtu.be/nce6RFUE9lg?t=439

That's a beautiful color! What color is the stain it leaves behind? it seems to be hard to find a brown-toned stain.

Today I'm wearing Rimmel Stay Glossy. My go-to gloss for over 5 years now

Reactions: lesAdrets
That's a beautiful color! What color is the stain it leaves behind? it seems to be hard to find a brown-toned stain.

Dark Coconut appears a lot more red on me than in Romand’s photo. If I apply a full coat, the red deepens even more after a half hour. The sheen starts to dissipate after an hour, and it’s a pretty red-brown (not brick) with hints of purple depending on the light. After 3 or 4 hours, it’s a lighter, faded pink brown, a natural-looking MLBB on me. These aren’t opaque, so will look a little different on everyone. Also, these don’t last all day, but they’re easy to touch up :smile:

• Love
Reactions: Monera
E.l.f. Gotta Glow Lip Tint, Perfect Berry (discontinued)

This E.l.f. and Lipstick Queen Frog Prince (also discontinued) are among the only pH adjusting lippies (products that contain Ci 45410, i.e., Red 27 or 28) that don’t turn neon pink on me. Dior Addict Lip Glow and Bobbi Brown Extra Lip Tint don’t really provide enough color payoff for me and the fragrance in Jane Iredale’s is off-putting. E.l.f. Gotta Glow and Lipstick Queen Frog Prince gave awesome stained-from-within looks — even looks good after oily meals. I wear these when I can’t be bothered with anything else and need to find a decent replacement. Tarte made a decent one, but I would pay good money to have Sephora bring back their Be You Lip Stain in Peach Gelee, circa 2012.