Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, off theme, but a new addition to share, if no one minds: the quiet beauty that is Three Graces CW16.

This was a lovely, and unexpected, gift from DH, who brought it back from a recent trip as a surprise. I hadn’t even noticed this one online, as like many others here the monochrome print is something that I tend to overlook. My mistake! The indigo fonce is stunning. He saw it and loved the deep purple blue so much he bought it instantly. It’s very versatile, and looks equally fabulous with jeans as it does with a suit.

Its hard to capture the luminosity of the blue, but it is a luscious, rich, true indigo.

And, inspired by @Cookiefiend and her fantastic red boots (“you go girl!”), I’ll cheat and link to theme with my well-loved Luccheses. Not sure I could make these work together, but I can corral them for a photo ;)
It’s a stunner!

Thank you, @Cookiefiend , for hosting last week’s cowboy-Japan week, and for the wonderful education on Western-Samurai films. I am surprised that not everyone knows about barrel racing. The Great Plains and the West begins just a few miles west of where I grew up, and while we didn’t wear Western gear regularly, we did see barrel racing and calf roping at our county fairs, and such. A fun event, indeed.

Thank you for the wonderful introduction to Men’s scarves, @xincinsin . As luck would have it I recently found a couple of Men’s Pocket Squares in designs by Daiske Nomura that I have been looking for. Flamboyant Web and C’est la Fete, in matching colorways no less.

View attachment 5429765View attachment 5429766

Yeah, they look pretty good together.

View attachment 5429768

My crossover scarves to begin this week. C'est la Fete and Flamboyant Web pocket squares.

View attachment 5429767
Fantastic Gav pairing @Redbirdhermes!
I looked at buying that one and now seeing your mod shot, I wish I had! Beautiful!
Ooooh that hem!!!
Thank you @CedarWaxWing and @Snausages!
Greetings from the inferno that is Texas! I’ve been scarfless for awhile due to the oppressive heat which arrived 2 months earlier than usual.

I’ve become a fan of the men’s section, mostly thanks to Alice Shirley. The bordeaux Awooooo! pulled me in, and I’ve since added the orange and the green
View attachment 5429799

I missed Grrrrr! in the cashmere :crybaby: but love the silk
View attachment 5429813

Galaxy I spied one day out of the corner of my eye while looking in the womens section,and it’s gravitational pull was irresistible
View attachment 5429803
Back to Alice Shirley to complete the series with Aaaaargh! which I have in 4 colorwaysView attachment 5429804

Jan Bajtlik also does fun designs for men: 600 Chevaux (I long for additional colorways!) and Sweet Dreams (I have 2 colorways)
View attachment 5429811
View attachment 5429805

And finally a wonderful gav by David Bartholomeo (I pine for its larger format!), Quatre Chevaux
View attachment 5429814
What a fabulous collection! Sisters and twins on some of these -- you are a great enabler @Snausages! Love that 600 Chevaux!
such a dreamy blue :love:
Thank you @Cookiefiend!
I love this scarf (been looking for awhile) and have to find it to remind me of a great family trip to The Grand Canyon. I love the Alice Shirley “Yellowstone” scarf “Forever Grrr!” Because a portion of the sale goes to Yellowstone National Park. That is still for sale on Hermes.com in Mens scarves.
I know the Canyons Etoile is on my list now too @Winter4! @xincinsin and @Redbirdhermes make it hard to resist...
All marvelous! Those men sure know how to wear scarves! The FW I love is last season (I think it’s from last season - AW 2021), the large losange. Oh, I had such a hard time deciding if I should or shouldn’t buy it. At this point I didn’t and the favored etoupe cw is no longer on the website.
flamboyant-web-losange-large-model--433159T%2002-flat-1-300-0-800-800_b.jpg

flamboyant-web-losange-large-model--433159T%2002-worn-2-0-0-800-800_b.jpg
Wow! I know you love this format @Karenska. Did you get this? Can't wait to see.
Wonderful! Awooo is a grail for me. You have three? Oh my :faint::faint::faint: I missed it and the prices are astronomical now, assuming any are to be found.
Galaxy and Sweet Dreams are also on my wish list.

After years of being neglected, the men sure have been spoiled the last few years :cool:
I love some of the designs in the large losange format, but was surprised at the amount of fabric when I tried one in store. I had to wind twice around the neck to get manageable length tails. I had the notion that they were smaller, and talked myself out of a Dragon Flash for the unreasonable rationale that it wasn’t the size I imagined :noggin:

Flamboyant web is so great in this format.
I agree with you @Lellabelle-- I was surprised at how much fabric is in the large losange format, temtping though they are! And it also seems true that no scarfie lately would whistle past the men's selection-- I have been most enabled/encouraged by TPFers like @xincinsin, @laurenad, @Snausages and @Redbirdhermes but also at least four of my men's scarves have come from seductive displays at the boutique!

Greetings from the inferno that is Texas! I’ve been scarfless for awhile due to the oppressive heat which arrived 2 months earlier than usual.

I’ve become a fan of the men’s section, mostly thanks to Alice Shirley. The bordeaux Awooooo! pulled me in, and I’ve since added the orange and the green
View attachment 5429799

I missed Grrrrr! in the cashmere :crybaby: but love the silk
View attachment 5429813

Galaxy I spied one day out of the corner of my eye while looking in the womens section,and it’s gravitational pull was irresistible
View attachment 5429803
Back to Alice Shirley to complete the series with Aaaaargh! which I have in 4 colorwaysView attachment 5429804

Jan Bajtlik also does fun designs for men: 600 Chevaux (I long for additional colorways!) and Sweet Dreams (I have 2 colorways)
View attachment 5429811
View attachment 5429805

And finally a wonderful gav by David Bartholomeo (I pine for its larger format!), Quatre Chevaux
View attachment 5429814
wow!
Wow!
WOW! Fantastic!
Two spectacular, beautiful designs and Pani is gorgeous as a bandana.
Thank you sweetheart!
I am posting two this morning from the men's side of the aisle by one of my favorite artists: Jean-Louis Sauvat. Both archive shots. For Lellabelle-- this is the medium losange format and it is very manageable as you can see!
Pirouette au Galop Losange
View attachment 5430207
La Danse de Chevaux Double Face worn as a cummerbund:
View attachment 5430208
Gorgeous! :love:

Reactions: Snausages
I am posting two this morning from the men's side of the aisle by one of my favorite artists: Jean-Louis Sauvat. Both archive shots. For Lellabelle-- this is the medium losange format and it is very manageable as you can see!
Pirouette au Galop Losange
View attachment 5430207
La Danse de Chevaux Double Face worn as a cummerbund:
View attachment 5430208
Thank You @LKBNOLA ! The medium definitely seems to be the one to look for. Much appreciated. Love the pop of red with the white and black, too. Fantastic pairing :tup:

I love the feel of the cotton silk blends which can be found in certain men's scarves. Today I'm wearing Jardin de Calypso, a men's 65 from this season, in an attempt to battle today's Texas inferno weather which has come to the North.

View attachment 5430267
What a perfect match between the border and your vest, @Redbirdhermes. I have noticed your vest in earlier pictures; it is quite unique looking. Can you tell us something about it, please? You have a collector’s eye and I am convinced there must be a story here too :smile:

My SOTD today is not on theme, but I felt like putting it on because it has these wonderful summery vibes about it: Escales méditerranéennes. I have yet to find a sweater to go with it - until then navy will have to do.
View attachment 5430336
What a pretty lavender. Lots of summer vibes here! When in doubt, navy seems to work with everything :smile:
Glad you’re feeling better!

What a perfect match between the border and your vest, @Redbirdhermes. I have noticed your vest in earlier pictures; it is quite unique looking. Can you tell us something about it, please? You have a collector’s eye and I am convinced there must be a story here too :smile:
Thank you so much, Lellabelle. My vest is by Cynthia Ashby, a designer who currently works in the Chicago area. I first found her designs in a local boutique. This particular piece has been in my closet for years, but I find this designer's pieces have a timeless quality. This vest is linen and has been hand-dyed, and that is probably what caught your eye. Thank you, again. BTW, the t-shirt is by Serena Williams, who I hope will be designing more clothing once her tennis career ends.

Off topic, my scarf of the evening, before heading out for a Vietnamese feast with dh and friends. La Danse Des Amazones and wearing Beige Ebloui lippy.View attachment 5428696
Impressive colour matching! The pendant and the (Mabe?) pearl earrings are the perfect match for the blues in the scarf, and the sweater and lippie perfectly pick up the tones also. Very cohesive, for a subtle but polished result.

Now, I must figure out your knot... I enjoy mentally deconstructing these, to learn new ties! Bias fold, centre knot, then wrap both tails around the back of the neck, pass the ends through the knot and secure the ends with a discrete bova knot? I think this would work rather nicely with premiere chant. Must go try…!

I am closing out the theme week by emulating my cousin @Cookiefiend with a Phoenix too bright to be left for dead anywhere. @HScarfCollector, my sister on one of my top ten designs -- Galop Volants-- inspired me to pull this one and show at least one little rider. The knot, which I always knew as a Friendship knot, is also, according to the Instagrammer @Scarflookbook, a Cowgirl knot or a Buckaroo knot so there you have it! Double-theme check!

Mythiques Phoenix Tattoo with stripes inspired by Cookiefiend and @hotgalaxy reminded me to credit the lippie: Rose Zinzolin)
View attachment 5428778

View attachment 5428779
View attachment 5428781
Love these. @LKBNOLA and @Cookiefiend, you are the queens of pairing with stripes!

Status
Not open for further replies.