Book Tote

Does anyone have the mini vertical book tote with strap? There are not too many reviews online and am wondering if this is a practical size since it comes with a shoulder strap. I’m debating between this or the new small size.

I'm planning to buy my first Dior bag in August and I want a personalized book tote! Does anyone know if I can get a Book Tote personalized in either of these locations? It seems like I can (as they offer ABCDior service) but I wanted to double check. And if anyone has an preferred SA in either of these locations I'd appreciate the info! TIA!

DIOR Zurich
SERVICES OFFERED
ABCDIOR

DIOR Dublin Brown Thomas
SERVICES OFFERED
Book an appointment
ABCDIOR
Size adjustments
Personalized advice

Does anyone have the mini vertical book tote with strap? There are not too many reviews online and am wondering if this is a practical size since it comes with a shoulder strap. I’m debating between this or the new small size.
I just returned one. It was completely adorable and about the size of a Hermes Mini Evelyne TPM, and for both I feel I'm not petite enough to pull them off (oddly I'm fine using other small/WOC bags - something about the vertical orientation bumps me I guess). :smile:

Hi there, not sure if this is the correct thread to ask. But those who bought the book tote blue oblique, does your bag looks like the attached photos? There is a slight faint pink at some portions of the bag. I don't remember it looked like that upon purchase but I cannot be sure and do not want to rush to a boutique if it is supposed to be like that. But it is just certain parts not all. Can anyone please advise if it is a defect or? TIA

20221003_141232.jpg

20221003_141247.jpg

20221003_142025.jpg

20221003_141820.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, not sure if this is the correct thread to ask. But those who bought the book tote blue oblique, does your bag looks like the attached photos? There is a slight faint pink at some portions of the bag. I don't remember it looked like that upon purchase but I cannot be sure and do not want to rush to a boutique if it is supposed to be like that. But it is just certain parts not all. Can anyone please advise if it is a defect or? TIA

View attachment 5622925

View attachment 5622926

View attachment 5622927

View attachment 5622928
What a lovely defect that would be!

I get that you would not want to keep a faulty bag, of course, but this defect (assuming it is one) is actually quite cute and fun! :biggrin:

Last edited:

View attachment 5622925

View attachment 5622926

View attachment 5622927

View attachment 5622928
How long have you had it. Mine doesn’t look like that but it looks like it’s at the top of your bag so wondering if you used some wipes or some kind to clean it and that is what changed the color? Almost looks like it’s been bleached or something?

How long have you had it. Mine doesn’t look like that but it looks like it’s at the top of your bag so wondering if you used some wipes or some kind to clean it and that is what changed the color? Almost looks like it’s been bleached or something?
I think i have the bag less than a yr and i rotate my bags so it was not heavily used. Nope I did not use any wipes on the bag. Yes on close inspection it looks like the blue is fading off. I think I will just bring the bag back to Dior and hope something can be done

Reactions: sunshineshiney

View attachment 5622925

View attachment 5622926

View attachment 5622927

View attachment 5622928
Bring this back to Dior to see if they can replace your bag or provide store credit. A number of people are experiencing this. The glue used to glue the canvas pieces together has oxidized the thread.

Bring this back to Dior to see if they can replace your bag or provide store credit. A number of people are experiencing this. The glue used to glue the canvas pieces together has oxidized the thread.
Yes I will. Thanks for the information and hope the SA see it that way instead of the usual blame on wear and tear. Just hope they can repair it. I am trying to start a small dior collection and my first bag disappoints me!! How will I dare spend anymore on Dior.

Yes I will. Thanks for the information and hope the SA see it that way instead of the usual blame on wear and tear. Just hope they can repair it. I am trying to start a small dior collection and my first bag disappoints me!! How will I dare spend anymore on Dior.
Yeah I am disappointed that Dior uses so much glue all the time, especially with canvas where the glue can seep through the fabric.

Reactions: Fendiorlv
Yeah I am disappointed that Dior uses so much glue all the time, especially with canvas where the glue can seep through the fabric.
I’m looking to make my first Dior purchase but worried about all the pre owned canvas pieces that have glue on the exterior seams and inside turn a very obvious brown! Is Dior taking those back as defective or do you just have to live with it?

Reactions: Fendiorlv
I’m looking to make my first Dior purchase but worried about all the pre owned canvas pieces that have glue on the exterior seams and inside turn a very obvious brown! Is Dior taking those back as defective or do you just have to live with it?
Seems like they're taking them back based on what some forum members have shared.