Reveal: my first chanel!

Dec 30, 2017
Hi everyone! I’ve posted on this forum a couple of times about trying to get ahold of the mini classic flap in black. Well, I was unsuccessful waiting on a list with my local boutique (UK) and had pretty much given up. This weekend I went to Paris, had no intention of buying anything whatsoever, but had a little walk round the shops in terminal 2 of Charles de Gaulle airport yesterday when we were coming home. By some amazing stroke of luck they had only one mini classic flap bag in black left (and one customer was already looking at it!) Luckily she wasn’t interested, and it was brought over to me :biggrin:

It was love at first sight/try on in the mirror, and probably the easiest sell that the SAs have ever had. The two ladies were absolutely lovely to me (one was named Valerie, I can’t remember the other) and they were just as excited as I was that I was getting my dream come true bag. I’ve wanted a classic flap for about 13 years since I was 10 years old, so this was really momentous! I realise this reveal isn’t as interesting as some of the bigger or brighter coloured bags, but I hope that you can all celebrate with me :P

The two lovely SAs also gave me a free lipstick as a gift as it was my first bag, it’s a gorgeous dark red! Is this usual practice? :smile:

F3EF0B42-FC6F-49EC-B44A-18629C453149.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’ve posted on this forum a couple of times about trying to get ahold of the mini classic flap in black. Well, I was unsuccessful waiting on a list with my local boutique (UK) and had pretty much given up. This weekend I went to Paris, had no intention of buying anything whatsoever, but had a little walk round the shops in terminal 2 of Charles de Gaulle airport yesterday when we were coming home. By some amazing stroke of luck they had only one mini classic flap bag in black left (and one customer was already looking at it!) Luckily she wasn’t interested, and it was brought over to me :biggrin:

It was love at first sight/try on in the mirror, and probably the easiest sell that the SAs have ever had. The two ladies were absolutely lovely to me (one was named Valerie, I can’t remember the other) and they were just as excited as I was that I was getting my dream come true bag. I’ve wanted a classic flap for about 13 years since I was 10 years old, so this was really momentous! I realise this reveal isn’t as interesting as some of the bigger or brighter coloured bags, but I hope that you can all celebrate with me :P

The two lovely SAs also gave me a free lipstick as a gift as it was my first bag, it’s a gorgeous dark red! Is this usual practice? :smile:

View attachment 5424329
It's absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the wait!

Reactions: scarletstarlet

View attachment 5424329
:hbeat: Congratulations!
I can feel the excitement through your post! Happy for you- it looks gorgeous and the leather just seems yummy :giggle:
I got a free Chanel mascara last spring in Berlin when I bought a bag. I don't know why and it never happened before or again thereafter.

Enjoy your mini!!!!