extreme disappointment...so many flaws, so little time (long)

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
A few weeks ago, I purchased Giant Cafe Part-Time from NM's Short Hills. After a few days I looked at it in detail and realized that in the crack between the bottom piece of leather and the leather of the body, there was so much white showing all along this crack, almost like glue that has discolored the leather. I took it back to NM's and my SA was surprised too. She took out like 4 other GGH Cafe PTs and ALL OF THEM had this same problem. I looked at all the other PTs there and none of them had this issue. She did a charge-send for me and today the bag arrived from Florida. THE SAME PROBLEM IS THERE! It's not as noticeable, but it's there. Then I noticed there was pieces of white thread hanging out all along the zipper of the outside pocket. I pulled on it and w/some resistance, the hanging pieces came off. THEN as I'm trying to clean that mess up, I notice the stitching all around the zipper of that pocket was completely crooked. As in, half the stitching was high up and noticeably farther away from the zipper than the other half. When I called my SO over to express my severe surprise and disappointment, he noticed that the studs at the bottom of the front of the bag were off center....as in, the side of the stud is almost off the piece of leather it's on. THEN I noticed (yes, there's more)...the center 2 studs are OFF CENTER! as in, they're much closer to the left top studs than the right ones.

So..........after all that, I'm thinking, wait I paid $1740 - almost 2k - for a bag with this many flaws????? what the heck?? :cursing: my SO says, i think this is how they are because no hand-made bag can be perfect. He thinks I should just accept it and try to be happy or just forget about the whole thing. Do any of you experience these kinds of quality issues with your bbags?? Am i just unlucky? is it ONLY cafe GGH PTs? i have no idea, but i know it's pretty ridiculous to pay so much money to have to settle for a bag that's so flawed.....yet I don't know if it's worth it to exchange again and get another one shipped to me if every bag is guaranteed to have a bunch of quality issues. This is my first bbag, so please........enlighten me as to what's going on! what should i do! i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in love with this bag, i would be extremely :crybaby: if i had to give it up...

it doesn't seem like many people on here complain about these flaws....u guys think this is just a bad batch? an unlucky fluke? Or maybe people tend not to be as anal as me and notice these small things......

i'm so sad! i have no idea what to do...

it sounds like this last bag has the most flaws out of the many you've seen? if anything i'd try to find one with the fewest flaws out of the bags you can actually see in person...then judge if you're willing to let it slide because it has "character." but i'm just as picky as you and those things would probably bug me everytime i used the bag. man, this is a tough situation. good luck!

There've been reports of something similar after less then 1 year's use... very, very disappointing. This is why I've stopped buying for awhile now :sad: These bags are way too expensive for flaws like this, I have cheaper bags like MJ, LV, Gucci that have held up better.

i know! my SO says it's not noticeable overall and the leather is AMAZING so i should just deal with it because no one else will notice the flaws except me....but it's just that nagging little thought...like every time i use the bag no one would know the flaws but i know, and it'll just eat at me...esp at this price...

There've been reports of something similar after less then 1 year's use... very, very disappointing. This is why I've stopped buying for awhile now :sad: These bags are way too expensive for flaws like this, I have cheaper bags like MJ, LV, Gucci that have held up better.

the crack between the bottom and side leather opening up and exposing the glue??? wow...........yeah my LV bags are all "handmade" and they don't have these issues...

i dunno though, the bag is soooooooo TDF..........

i know! my SO says it's not noticeable overall and the leather is AMAZING so i should just deal with it because no one else will notice the flaws except me....but it's just that nagging little thought...like every time i use the bag no one would know the flaws but i know, and it'll just eat at me...esp at this price...

This is terrible and a hard choice to make on giving it up since you clearly love it but at this price point, its unacceptable. I would be aware of the faults all the time if they bothered me. If they don't or you think you could learn to live with it and make peace, then keep it. Only you can answer that part.

I would consider looking around again for another one. Its a pain and a hassle but if it was me, I would feel slightly cheated on missing out on a perfect one.

^ you're right...that's exactly how i feel. cheated. like all these gorgeous stunning bbags floating around..i'm paying loads....why should i have to settle....

i'm going to head into BalNY tomorrow and hope they have more stock of the cafe ggh pt than my local neiman's...that way, i can see the bags and choose in person..if i notice all of them still have these flaws of some kind, i think it's pretty much over between balenciaga and me despite how in love i am....

the crack between the bottom and side leather opening up and exposing the glue??? wow...........yeah my LV bags are all "handmade" and they don't have these issues...

i dunno though, the bag is soooooooo TDF..........

I hear you. I adore all of my B bags and I will never stop purchasing but they definitely have some quality contol issues. The fading and discoloring problems are totally unacceptable to me.

^^ i know! im DYING to post pictures...i need a camera! hence the detailed descriptions....i'm sorry! i really wish i could visually document these flaws for you guys - i know you would all gasp like i did each time i noticed one...:sad:

really i'm okay with it if i know it's a fluke and just this particular bag that has these flaws, because then there's hope that i can find the perfect one and it won't exhibit these same flaws in the near future.......so if none of you have experienced these problems, please do tell me so i know it's possible to find the perfect bbag and have hope to continue trying...