Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022

While supply issues are frustrating, I think customer service has really slipped. I’ve been a Nordys card holder since ‘85. I recently placed an online order for something costing $500.00. Not only did it arrive in obviously damaged condition, but the security tag was still attached. The real kicker was that included in the box was a pair of cashmere joggers I never ordered, with a $995 price tag. This meant that I had to make a trip to my local physical store to return everything, including the $995 item sent to me in error and for which I wasn’t charged. I asked to speak to the Manager; her response was pretty lackluster (she said “oh, they must have thought the $995 item went with what you ordered.”) The items were returned, but I thought that given the multiple mistakes and hassle, and my honesty in returning something for which I was never charged, the Manager could have at least done something like offer to pay for a cup of coffee at the coffee bar. I guess I no longer look forward to the Anniversary sale the way I always did in the past.

I've had random items that I didn't order end up in my order. I don't recall how long ago it was, but definitely precovid I placed a huge order first day of the sale online. I kept getting emails that items I picked were sold out and took 2 weeks to get anything (usually I'll get stuff relatively quick like 2-4 days). When stuff started coming it was raining locusts they sent me what was still in stock 5 times. I returned them I had a employee come to my car with a dolly to help bring it all in. The manager was pretty indifferent to the mistake and was more concerned about it messing up with their inventory. She's like I can't even scan the duplicate items as a return because you were only charged once for them. As if I inconvenienced her by returning the extra 4 orders of stuff. After that experience I figured eff it, I will never do that again. If I get something I didn't order I'm just going to donate it.

My favorite item from 2021 was the expandable Longchamp tote! I probably won’t buy another this year since I now have two (orange and plum). I’m also very happy with the Boll & Branch sheets which get softer with each wash. My least favorite item was the Vince cardigan coat, which went to NR real quick and continued to get bad reviews there.

I’m fully stocked in basics and will likely focus on beauty, skincare, and kids stuff this year.

So excited for this thread. My most worn pieces are the Ridley All Saints sweater in black. Love that thing! And also the BDG Brendon flannel shirt. It’s the best $35 I’ve spent on a long time. It was cut ginormous but I had it taken in so it wasn’t so baggy. I’m actually wearing it right now.

Don’t think I need anything but would like a new pair of jeans, more Slip hair accessories and maybe a pair of shoes.