What is the return policy?

This is the situation as explained in my email to DIOR customer service upon receiving the item unexpectedly on my doorstep 2 days ago. I have since filed a credit card dispute, but I am very anxious to get this resolved. Does anyone have experience or knowledge on how disputes with this situation turn out? I'm really devastated because I'm scared I'll lose half the money I paid for this item and Dior sent it back damaged and claimed I soiled it. I checked BBB and this has horribly happened to others before with Dior coldly unwilling to do believe that they damaged or dirtied the item. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I already called and emailed them, but headquarters or anyone else? Think twice ladies next time you buy from Dior online. Especially anything expensive. I'm terribly worried because if this doesn't rule in my favor, even if I were to sell it, I'd only get half my money back for an item as delicate as it is and never used.

"Hello Dior,

I returned my item and was told it was received at the warehouse and after waiting about 3 weeks, I suddenly received my item again. I called customer service and they told me the warehouse people rejected it because of a dark stain on the bottom of the item, but then when I examined it, it easily wiped away, so I do not understand why they rejected it because I returned it in the condition it arrived as and the mark they cited for rejecting was not damage and could've been easily received back for sale. I returned it without this damage. You can see in the photo attached below how the bottom is clean and is in perfect condition for return.

In addition, I never received notice of the item getting sent back to me, I was told to wait "10-14 business days" by customer service for returns when I inquired after 7 business days had passed and had not received my refund. The original email said it had been received by the warehouse and would refund me within 7 business days, which never happened, so I reached out. Fast forward 8 days after I was told to wait for 10-14 business days, I suddenly get my item returned to me from Dior and it is damaged.

In addition, when I check my order history on Dior.com in my account, the order has disappeared, which is concerning.

I have attached photos (which are timestamped) of me receiving this item today and the flap of the bag Dior sent back is damaged. There was a dent and stain on the right side of the top flap, which I wiped away, but the dent remains, so Dior sent it improperly stored which damaged the lambskin. To that reasoning, if the warehouse rejected it because of some dust on the bottom, then it's possible it was created by their handling. When I initially received the item there was not that mark. And on the same flap, there is a visible, darker mark where when it was sent back, the lambskin surface is torn, it must've been created via improper storage of the rings pressing into the flap... when I received my item no tissue or felt was preventing this from damaging the lambskin from happening.

I believe I should not have to pay for an item which was rejected for poor quality control handling and arrived damaged due to improper storage from how the warehouse handled it.

I would like to receive a refund for this item and I will still gladly return this item to be back in Dior's possession.

Please let me know what can be done towards resolving this issue. "

20220418_201236.jpg

20220418_203744.jpg

20220418_194254.jpg

This is the situation as explained in my email to DIOR customer service upon receiving the item unexpectedly on my doorstep 2 days ago. I have since filed a credit card dispute, but I am very anxious to get this resolved. Does anyone have experience or knowledge on how disputes with this situation turn out? I'm really devastated because I'm scared I'll lose half the money I paid for this item and Dior sent it back damaged and claimed I soiled it. I checked BBB and this has horribly happened to others before with Dior coldly unwilling to do believe that they damaged or dirtied the item. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I already called and emailed them, but headquarters or anyone else? Think twice ladies next time you buy from Dior online. Especially anything expensive. I'm terribly worried because if this doesn't rule in my favor, even if I were to sell it, I'd only get half my money back for an item as delicate as it is and never used.

"Hello Dior,

I returned my item and was told it was received at the warehouse and after waiting about 3 weeks, I suddenly received my item again. I called customer service and they told me the warehouse people rejected it because of a dark stain on the bottom of the item, but then when I examined it, it easily wiped away, so I do not understand why they rejected it because I returned it in the condition it arrived as and the mark they cited for rejecting was not damage and could've been easily received back for sale. I returned it without this damage. You can see in the photo attached below how the bottom is clean and is in perfect condition for return.

In addition, I never received notice of the item getting sent back to me, I was told to wait "10-14 business days" by customer service for returns when I inquired after 7 business days had passed and had not received my refund. The original email said it had been received by the warehouse and would refund me within 7 business days, which never happened, so I reached out. Fast forward 8 days after I was told to wait for 10-14 business days, I suddenly get my item returned to me from Dior and it is damaged.

In addition, when I check my order history on Dior.com in my account, the order has disappeared, which is concerning.

I have attached photos (which are timestamped) of me receiving this item today and the flap of the bag Dior sent back is damaged. There was a dent and stain on the right side of the top flap, which I wiped away, but the dent remains, so Dior sent it improperly stored which damaged the lambskin. To that reasoning, if the warehouse rejected it because of some dust on the bottom, then it's possible it was created by their handling. When I initially received the item there was not that mark. And on the same flap, there is a visible, darker mark where when it was sent back, the lambskin surface is torn, it must've been created via improper storage of the rings pressing into the flap... when I received my item no tissue or felt was preventing this from damaging the lambskin from happening.

I believe I should not have to pay for an item which was rejected for poor quality control handling and arrived damaged due to improper storage from how the warehouse handled it.

I would like to receive a refund for this item and I will still gladly return this item to be back in Dior's possession.

Please let me know what can be done towards resolving this issue. "

View attachment 5384594

View attachment 5384595

View attachment 5384597
I have read stories as such and from what I had read, you may have to be prepared that you will be stuck with this item and your credit card dispute likely would not ruled in your favor. Please keep us updated.

I did it on Capital One, so I really hope they have a good track record. I've learned not to buy anything outside of protection like a credit card in case stuff like this arises. I also didn't videotape the unboxing :sad: I just have photos of when it arrived back a few days ago and some of trying it for a few minutes in front of a mirror. I'm kicking myself for not filming it, but how was I supposed to know that their warehouse would dirty it and damage it and say it failed to pass QC...? They also have these internal emails and photos of why it didn't pass QC and when asked to see them, they won't show it to the customer; so I'm supposed to take their word for it. I'm really disappointed in Dior because I used to think they had superb customer service and to only find out they have an F on the BBB.

Wow. I am so sorry. I am a dior RTW customer, and I would never buy anything from their e-commerce site after reading about the experience of many TPF members. I sincerely hope you purchased with Amex platinum bc IMO they have the best customer service. Pls keep us updated.

I’m sorry this happened to you. Did you videotape any unboxing? If so, that might help.

Dear PFers, be wary of making Dior purchase online!
I should've searched about this before placing my order.

I ordered two pairs of pumps online and soles had slight marks. One of them didn't even come with dust bags, so I'm 100% sure it was returned. Anyways, I decided to return them because they didn't fit. I didn't think that "slight scratches" were going to be the problem also because they came with scratches that someone was able to return.

I returned both at the same time, but only one was refunded. Upon contacting customer service multiple times, they kept telling to wait. 2 weeks later, without any email notification, a package was delivered to me. Dior had sent back the shoes to me saying it is not in perfect condition!

I called customer service to explain that the shoes did not fit me and that I sent it in condition they were delivered. There was no way for me to even walk around on these shoes. I also asked them to escalate this issue and provide me a video camera of inspection. Agent repeated like a parrot that they cannot connect me to Quality Department or their managers, and they cannot reverse their decision because the case is closed. Agent also said that the whole process is checked by three people and that they don't make mistakes (what!?!?)

This whole situation is too ridiculous. They won't even let me pass the agent. Now I am left with a pair of 1500 dollars wrong size pumps that I can't walk around in. I filed a dispute with my credit card but I am nervous about investigation. Credit card company asked me if I agreed to their return policy. Of course, you cant place any order without agreeing to this. Please wish me a good luck!

Dear PFers, be wary of making Dior purchase online!
I should've searched about this before placing my order.

I ordered two pairs of pumps online and soles had slight marks. One of them didn't even come with dust bags, so I'm 100% sure it was returned. Anyways, I decided to return them because they didn't fit. I didn't think that "slight scratches" were going to be the problem also because they came with scratches that someone was able to return.

I returned both at the same time, but only one was refunded. Upon contacting customer service multiple times, they kept telling to wait. 2 weeks later, without any email notification, a package was delivered to me. Dior had sent back the shoes to me saying it is not in perfect condition!

I called customer service to explain that the shoes did not fit me and that I sent it in condition they were delivered. There was no way for me to even walk around on these shoes. I also asked them to escalate this issue and provide me a video camera of inspection. Agent repeated like a parrot that they cannot connect me to Quality Department or their managers, and they cannot reverse their decision because the case is closed. Agent also said that the whole process is checked by three people and that they don't make mistakes (what!?!?)

This whole situation is too ridiculous. They won't even let me pass the agent. Now I am left with a pair of 1500 dollars wrong size pumps that I can't walk around in. I filed a dispute with my credit card but I am nervous about investigation. Credit card company asked me if I agreed to their return policy. Of course, you cant place any order without agreeing to this. Please wish me a good luck!
Not sure what card you used, but Amex almost always sides with customer. Amex and other bank premier cards also offer return protection (with varying dollar amounts) if a vendor refuses to allow. While unlikely, Dior also has a limited amount of time to respond to the charge back or it is automatically granted to customer. Good luck.

Unfortunately, it does appear that within the last year or so, there have been many issues/problems with Dior online orders and returns. :sad:(or at least based on reading on TPF)

Hope everything works out!

Reactions: lulilu
File a complaint on the BBB website if you're in the US and try to search for an executive/corporate email to contact maybe where you can provide them with the countless threads online of people complaining. It's ridiculous how often this keeps happening, so sorry to hear this :sad:

Reactions: lulu212121
Sorry to hear that. I do my purchases in person or have it delivered to the store. Of course tgis isn’t possible for everyone bjt hearing these stories (blaming customers and not wanting to receive back item) scares me and assures me that it’s best to continue doing it this way. It’d be nice to have the items delivered to my home but then there’s the other issue of having a package go missing. I’d definitely have a mini heart attack right there!! Not worth it.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Update: Since starting my dispute and sending them a 20 page notice to Capital One of the listing, order invoice, photos of the damage, my correspondance with customer service, they emailed me back a generic response the day after I faxed all these things they requested of me (except a 2nd party opinion of what should've been done to resolve this issue and the costs), they stated I was still missing all these items. Which is untrue; they responded to a 20-page document that I faxed, the day after saying I was missing all of it. I think someone was lazy at their job because I was only missing the 2nd party opinion, which I cannot find. I called customer service and they stated they still need that to close my case...THE WORST PART IS; they closed my dispute and now I have to appeal it to reopen my dispute. I'm stuck paying for it right now in a couple of days. Problem is, my card needs "A second opinion on company letterhead from another merchant in the same field stating specifically what the original merchant did incorrectly, how the problem can be corrected, and what that will cost. " This is the last thing my card company needs, and I need this statement verbatim to the quote described above. Dior.com has a terrible track record of doing this as well on the BBB they have a rating of F and other testimonials of then not accepting returns when they're prisitine condition. I have been reading reddit forums and one person may have been able to get their credit card to waive this requirement because they couldn't find reputable retailer, but I'm worried they won't for me. This is such a headache and nightmare. It's not even like this bags retain value where I can resell a new item and get most of the money back.

So now I NEED to find someone who is willing to do this. I asked them for examples; and my agent who said she was also fond of designer brands stated that I'd need to find someone who works professionally with luxury.

***Does anyone know if you yourself or another luxury authenticator/consignment can provide a written statement for this? My card company said an authenticator would potentially work in this case if they can say that, but it doesn't have to be.
Any help is appreciated!!! ***