Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
according to TMZ:
Ving Rhames' Dogs Maul Man to Death

Posted Aug 3rd 2007 2:07PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice
LAPD tells TMZ that "Mission Impossible" star Ving Rhames' dogs have mauled and killed a man who worked for the actor.
0803_ving_dog_2.jpg

Cops tell TMZ the victim worked as a caretaker for Rhames, watching over the dogs and his home. The four dogs, Mastiffs and an English Bulldog, have been taken into custody by Animal Control. When they received the call this morning at 7:15, they say they found a 40-year old black male on the front lawn, deceased.

Calls to Ving's reps were not immediately returned, and the actor, apparently, is out of town.

KABC is reporting that the body of the caretaker had bites all over his body. They are also reporting that police are still investigating whether it was the dogs who killed the man, or if he suffered a heart attack or some medical condition.

Story developing ...

^^I wonder the same thing about Michael Vick?

I used to have a mastiff. They are such sweet dogs and very unlikely that they attack. That's very sad. I wonder what will come out of the investigation. I wonder if the guy did have a heart attack as he was being attacked. Forty is still young for a heart attack though.

[FONT=&quot]I grew up in Maui, Hawaii up in Kula on a huge ranch. One day my brother was riding his dirt bike with our rottweiler grizzly. Somehow my brothers heel/foot got caught in the back tire (he was wearing flip flops). My brother lost tons of blood. He said grizzly left for 10 mins or so not sure. We assume he ran back to the house to look for help as my brother could hear him barking. When grizzly came back my brother said he must have been on shock as he could not feel anything. Grizzly dragged my brother at least 150 ft. by his arm. When my mom and I came back from the store my brother was on the front lawn, blood everywhere and his arm full of bite marks. In the end my brother healed after numerous skin grafts from his thigh. Grizzly to this day my brother always brings up memories of his dog, 15 years later.[/FONT]

more from TMZ:

Victim of Dog Bite May Have Had Heart Attack

Posted Aug 3rd 2007 5:31PM by TMZ Staff

Police tell TMZ that the victim of the dog attack at Ving Rhames' home could have had a heart attack, since none of the wounds -- on his face and neck only -- appear to have been life threatening. They speculate that he was possibly running for his life after a confrontation with the dogs. TMZ has learned the 40-year-old caretaker lived at the house and had been an employee of the actor for two years. Tragically, police say the man fed and cared for the animals on a daily basis.
0803_ving_rhames_bn_kabc.jpg

A total of four dogs were taken away by Animal Control; three Bull Mastiffs each weighing 160-190 lbs. and one English Bulldog weighing 100-150 lbs. The property contains two connected houses, both owned by Rhames. According to police, the dogs -- including nine puppies -- all live in one house.

In a press conference today, a police spokesman said the victim appears to have jumped the fence to try to get away from the dogs, and died sometime early this morning. We're told there are additional dogs on property, but they do not roam free. The dogs that attacked had access to the front of the house.

Cops say the dogs are very friendly, and as we reported, police are not aware of any previous problems. They do not anticipate charging Rhames with a crime, as this appears to have been a "pure accident." The animals have been quarantined and will be held over the weekend at an undisclosed shelter. Blood samples will be taken to determine if they have rabies or other dangerous diseases.

We're told Ving is on location out of country.

[FONT=&quot]I grew up in Maui, Hawaii up in Kula on a huge ranch. One day my brother was riding his dirt bike with our rottweiler grizzly. Somehow my brothers heel/foot got caught in the back tire (he was wearing flip flops). My brother lost tons of blood. He said grizzly left for 10 mins or so not sure. We assume he ran back to the house to look for help as my brother could hear him barking. When grizzly came back my brother said he must have been on shock as he could not feel anything. Grizzly dragged my brother at least 150 ft. by his arm. When my mom and I came back from the store my brother was on the front lawn, blood everywhere and his arm full of bite marks. In the end my brother healed after numerous skin grafts from his thigh. Grizzly to this day my brother always brings up memories of his dog, 15 years later.[/FONT]

That is such a beautiful story. :heart:

Truth is, a lot of dogs unintentionally hurt people simply because they have big teeth! Le's not forget the story about the woman who received the first face transplant -she had tried to kill herself and her dog tried to wake her up, thus disfiguring her face. The dog was put to sleep... after saving her life!

But anyhow, poor gentleman... RIP.

^Such a sweet story LVobsessed415.

Mastiffs are usually very sweet dogs and generally too lazy to really go about attacking someone. A few months ago I was looking to purchase a house and we walked into a house with a mastiff. The owner didn’t lock him or anything. At first it was very scary to be in someone else’s home with a huge dog loose, so we were taken back and about to go running for the door. He started wagging his tail and came walking over so we knew we were okay. He was very sweet and didn’t care that strangers came into his home. My pugs probably would have put up more of a fight then him or at least barked a bit.

Every dog has their own personality though and not all are loving and friendly, which I must remember because I pretty much think every dog is nice and I just want to give them all hugs and kisses. I’ve been attacked by a Jack Russell too which almost took of half of a finger years ago.

Le's not forget the story about the woman who received the first face transplant -she had tried to kill herself and her dog tried to wake her up, thus disfiguring her face. The dog was put to sleep... after saving her life!

What? :confused1: That is messed up for putting the dog to sleep! :wtf::crybaby: