Home & Garden Calling All Houseplant Lovers!

Just a friendly warning to everyone.
Looks like one plant I brought home had a tiny bit of spider mite and it has spread to my other plants. So be mindful when you bring new plant home. Also especially for those of us who's crowding them very close to each other, it's very very easier to spread.

All three have gotten a spray, wipe down and a shower. And I've kicked out one planter that I brought in.

• Insightful
Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
Just a friendly warning to everyone.
Looks like one plant I brought home had a tiny bit of spider mite and it has spread to my other plants. So be mindful when you bring new plant home. Also especially for those of us who's crowding them very close to each other, it's very very easier to spread.

All three have gotten a spray, wipe down and a shower. And I've kicked out one planter that I brought in.
You are totally right. It's a planter nightmare.

usually i isolate a new pot I bring in. Do all necessary "de-bug" before adding it to the rest (yes I totally cluster my pots).
But sometimes, spreading may be unavoidable (part of gardening woes). Insects flying in may bring in pest to our plants.

just couple of weeks ago I spotted for the first time mealy bugs. Thinking of it sends chill down my spine. It really bothered me but on a bright side, I found it early. They were cleared (from a few pots) with a good wash and spray down with the suitable chemical and they are not seen thereafter.

You are totally right. It's a planter nightmare.

usually i isolate a new pot I bring in. Do all necessary "de-bug" before adding it to the rest (yes I totally cluster my pots).
But sometimes, spreading may be unavoidable (part of gardening woes). Insects flying in may bring in pest to our plants.

just couple of weeks ago I spotted for the first time mealy bugs. Thinking of it sends chill down my spine. It really bothered me but on a bright side, I found it early. They were cleared (from a few pots) with a good wash and spray down with the suitable chemical and they are not seen thereafter.
I wish I didn't google mealy bugs.

DO NOT GOOGLE MEALY BUGS!!