Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Thank you all for a beautiful floral week and to @xincinsin for wonderful posts and hosting. I agree with @Maedi that I wish it could go on and on... I am posting new scarf mail that arrived yesterday-- just in the nick of time! Thanks to scarfie friends who helped me find this personal grail. The hibiscus flower has many many meanings and associations in tropical lore and across many Pacific and Asian cultures but to me it is a sentimental favorite as every single house I grew up in had at least one tall stand of hibiscus as a hedge or fence lining enclosures, patios or verandas. So I was very motivated to find Varangues by Dmitri Rybalchenko. This design actually depicts a scene from Mauritius (according to Carre de Paris' blog) but to me it is uncannily reminiscent of childhood. I also love that in flower lore the deep pink hibiscus symbolizes warmth and friendship so it is perfect for this TPF community!
View attachment 5403299
View attachment 5403300
You got it! A beauty for sure, LKB.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I neglected to mention another reason why chrysanthemums are my favourite flower - they are edible :blush: Flowers = Food!

Yes, as a true blue Singaporean, I am very into food :lol: Edible plants especially fascinate me. Dried chrysanthemum flowers are steeped in hot water with rock sugar as a drink. My late grandfather had pots of chrysanthemums in his yard, and he would add the white petals to his porridge.

Some mums in enamel work on Collections Imperial
View attachment 5403165
One of my guilty pleasures is reading cookbooks, and the ones which enthrall me most are those about creating wedding cakes. The fondant icing and flowers are gorgeous! Sometimes, crystallized flowers are used. I would love to grow my own roses so that I can eat them (crazy but true).

This is a beautiful rose I spotted at a flower shop. I didn't buy it, but I snapped a photo. And my SOTD La Rosee. I love the stormy changeant moussie that @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend have but the colour wouldn't work for me. This is La Rosee in a stole format.
View attachment 5403167
Hubby grows lotus flowers. They are edible, but I haven't had a chance to eat any yet as hubby likes them too much to let me have a go at them :lol:
A lotus bud blooming and Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 5403166
There are hibiscus flowers on Flamingo Party, and in my garden. I've drunk tea with dried hibiscus flowers mixed in. I wonder if the fresh flowers can be eaten too.
View attachment 5403168
And lastly, flowers which I do eat regularly. Blue butterfly pea petals are added to my salads or tint my rice. The deep vibrant blue looks almost like the colour in the centre of my Fleurs d'Opera!
View attachment 5403169
Love all of them, esp. La Rosee! Twins on Fleurs de Lotus.

In researching the flowers in Regina, I ended up coming back to the article recently referenced by @xincinsin. (The scarf photo is mine.)

"The new [scarf] shows a bouquet combining the rose of England, the thistle of Scotland, the shamrock of Ireland, the leek of Wales and France's fleur de lys."

View attachment 5402914

I'm wearing my red Regina today.

View attachment 5403201
Hello twin!

• Love
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
This was fascinating @xincinsin! I share your guilty pleasure in reading cookbooks for fun but aside from squash blossom soup, nasturtiums in a salad and hibiscus tea I have not partaken of many! Your scarf examples are as compelling as your edible fantasies!

Beautiful and how interesting that the scarf carries within it a message of diplomatic harmony as well...Looking very lovely on your blue sweater @Redbirdhermes.

Beautiful Flora Graeca in both formats and what a lovely styling of FoSA-- on which I am so delighted to be twins @Croisette7. I love it with the pretty tassel pendant and your lace top!
Another beauty in a spring-like green!
All so beautiful and so delighted to be twins on the first Flamingo Party!
Good morning. Thank you all for a beautiful floral week and to @xincinsin for wonderful posts and hosting. I agree with @Maedi that I wish it could go on and on... I am posting new scarf mail that arrived yesterday-- just in the nick of time! Thanks to scarfie friends who helped me find this personal grail. The hibiscus flower has many many meanings and associations in tropical lore and across many Pacific and Asian cultures but to me it is a sentimental favorite as every single house I grew up in had at least one tall stand of hibiscus as a hedge or fence lining enclosures, patios or verandas. So I was very motivated to find Varangues by Dmitri Rybalchenko. This design actually depicts a scene from Mauritius (according to Carre de Paris' blog) but to me it is uncannily reminiscent of childhood. I also love that in flower lore the deep pink hibiscus symbolizes warmth and friendship so it is perfect for this TPF community!
View attachment 5403299
View attachment 5403300
Congratulations on your grail, which is esp. beautiful in diff. blues!
And thank you so much for your kind comments, LKB!

Reactions: Nomad
In researching the flowers in Regina, I ended up coming back to the article recently referenced by @xincinsin. (The scarf photo is mine.)

"The new [scarf] shows a bouquet combining the rose of England, the thistle of Scotland, the shamrock of Ireland, the leek of Wales and France's fleur de lys."

View attachment 5402914

I'm wearing my red Regina today.

View attachment 5403201
And .. here's my actual SOTD photo. I accidentally posted prematurely before I was fully awake, so had to use an archive photo.

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone.

Wearing red Regina before starting my Saturday chores.

20220514_092803.jpg

Thank you for sharing so much of your floral scarf collection, @Croisette7 . They are stunning and you always look amazing. You are an inspiration to us all.
You‘re welcome, dear ... and thank you for your sweet words, always appreciated!

And .. here's my actual SOTD photo. I accidentally posted prematurely before I was fully awake, so had to use an archive photo.

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone.

Wearing red Regina before starting my Saturday chores.

View attachment 5403317
:heart::heart::heart:

New scarf 90. Double sided tiger. I need to steam it to wear today. View attachment 5403287
I have the Tigre Royal in this CW too. I am always attracted to the combination of pink with orange. I also have it in the Marron/Blanc/ bleu and burnt orange. I bought it for the orange and blue side, with the marron side as a bonus.

Last edited:
And lastly, flowers which I do eat regularly. Blue butterfly pea petals are added to my salads or tint my rice. The deep vibrant blue looks almost like the colour in the centre of my Fleurs d'Opera!

Blue butterfly pea petals are used to enchanting effect in colour-changing mixed drinks. Their deep blue colour changes to bright lavender or pink depending on the acidity of the drink (by adding certain mixers or by adding a wedge, or few drops, of citrus). a fun effect in cocktails! Empress 1908 gin and Evolve gin both use butterfly pea petals for this effect, and I am sure there are others too.

There are lots of videos online showing the effect in real time.

1652541921349.jpeg

Blue butterfly pea petals are used to enchanting effect in colour-changing mixed drinks. Their deep blue colour changes to bright lavender or pink depending on the acidity of the drink (by adding certain mixers or by adding a wedge, or few drops, of citrus). a fun effect in cocktails! Empress 1908 gin and Evolve gin both use butterfly pea petals for this effect, and I am sure there are others too.

There are lots of videos online showing the effect in real time.

View attachment 5403334
I do it for fun sometimes.

And writing my post reminded me that I had a jar of Turkish rose petal jam in the fridge. So I made a jam sandwich :biggrin:

The rose. The queen of the garden.
A3D3FC05-1152-4B1C-B080-F2584718C0CA.jpeg
Roses have many meanings too.
Red roses = romance, love, beauty and courage. Yellow roses = friendship and joy. Orange roses = fascination and sensuality. Pink roses = appreciation and gratitude. And the white rose means innocence and purity.

The queen of my collection is La Rosee - my dark and stormy roses, the peach and pink, and the sweet gav.
EC22D379-8AB8-4DB3-810B-F86074EDE5A8.jpeg
4CCF3F02-CE55-438D-8945-9F3EEAFB57EC.jpeg
9571BA03-03A1-41A1-9EEE-28CE2C6A53A5.jpeg
I was outside weeding this morning and was thinking about roses. I posted that gorgeous one on my post Sunday, and thought “That was Mother’s Day … I’m going to post my prides and joys for the last day of the week!”
These are my sweet boys ❤️
Happy Mother’s Day!
F7B98ED3-6078-4F3D-A4B7-D1356DE4BDDC.jpeg

Thank you so much for this beautiful week!

Status
Not open for further replies.