Unhappy with my vintage mop yg purchase -Decided to do an allergy test, pause and admire the pieces from afar

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own. That’s okay if the brand didn’t live up to your expectations and you personally don’t feel that it is worth the money. Return it and don’t look back. At this price point, you should love it, no doubt.

You can purchase much more substantial fine jewelry pieces through a local jeweler (high quality but no brand name) for a fraction of the price. Maybe that’s a better option for you going forward? In any case, I’m sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with the brand. Sometimes things look better on other people but then fall short and for whatever reason don’t give us the same WOW factor when we try it on ourselves. You can still admire it from afar on other people, that’s what I do with a lot of pieces on this forum that are marvelous but simply do not fit with my lifestyle and aren’t practical.

If you’re looking to vent, you might not get the audience that you were hoping for on this forum. People here love the brand, and can sometimes be defensive but I think that hearing all experiences are valuable, even negative ones. If you’re planning to return it, contact them now. Don’t drag your feet, that can sometimes cause problems.

To each their own. That’s okay if the brand didn’t live up to your expectations and you personally don’t feel that it is worth the money. Return it and don’t look back. At this price point, you should love it, no doubt.

You can purchase much more substantial fine jewelry pieces through a local jeweler (high quality but no brand name) for a fraction of the price. Maybe that’s a better option for you going forward? In any case, I’m sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with the brand. Sometimes things look better on other people but then fall short and for whatever reason don’t give us the same WOW factor when we try it on ourselves. You can still admire it from afar on other people, that’s what I do with a lot of pieces on this forum that are marvelous but simply do not fit with my lifestyle and aren’t practical.

If you’re looking to vent, you might not get the audience that you were hoping for on this forum. People here love the brand, and can sometimes be defensive but I think that hearing all experiences are valuable, even negative ones. If you’re planning to return it, contact them now. Don’t drag your feet, that can sometimes cause problems.
Yes, thank you for your polite message. I am returning the piece tomorrow. I love the piece of how it looks but unfortunately it did not meet my expectations for the price that I am paying. Take good care.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to fall in love with the brand...you were unhappy with the Carnelian necklace and now the MOP. Maybe it's best to stick to Cartier if that's your jam.
I honestly felt the pieces look great on me but when I had it on for a longer period of time, I developed a rash and I am seeing an allergist tomorrow.

Ugh a rash is no fun , i hope you can get it sorted out.
Don't feel bad about returning, you have to love the piece in all respects & feel like it's good quality.
Are you able to get a full refund?
I hope you find a piece you love, there are so many lovely brands & unbranded pieces to try on.
Bvlgari jewelry seems very popular & nice quality so perhaps check it out (though i did feel the necklaces were a bit over priced for my taste).

Reactions: HereToLearn
In your original post above, you did not say whether you bought the piece from a reseller. If you did, then there may be a possibility that your necklace is fake.

if you bought it from VCA online, then it may be the packaging causing the reaction.

Since this purchase does not spark joy, return it and buy something else that will make you smile. Life is too short. Luxury purchases are not meant to be stressful.

In any case the MOP looks amazing on you! I had kind of similar feelings when I got onyx single pendant. Just didn’t feel substantial. Loving the all gold single pendant much more. A shame since it looks so lovely on you

Reactions: cali_to_ny
In your original post above, you did not say whether you bought the piece from a reseller. If you did, then there may be a possibility that your necklace is fake.

if you bought it from VCA online, then it may be the packaging causing the reaction.

Since this purchase does not spark joy, return it and buy something else that will make you smile. Life is too short. Luxury purchases are not meant to be stressful.
No it was from the eboutique not a fake. I returned it today

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I see you still have not moved on with VCA and are still trying on different stones like blue agate per your FB post. Good luck with your allergy test today! ;)
Yes I thought I was going to move on. But when I went in for the exchange at the boutique, could not help to try on the 10 motif. I went into see my doctor afterwards and he says the metal allergy is longer wait time. He told me not to wear any jewelry for the time being unless it is platinum or 24k gold.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Yes I thought I was going to move on. But when I went in for the exchange at the boutique, could not help to try on the 10 motif. I went into see my doctor afterwards and he says the metal allergy is longer wait time. He told me not to wear any jewelry for the time being unless it is platinum or 24k gold.
Up until my mid 20s I was allergic to 24k, WG and silver in my piercings. I could wear them if not in piercings. Then in my 40s I tried piercing again and this time I wore only platinum earrings for 4 years and used sterile sea salt spray. Then I switched over to WG and was fine. I guess I’m trying to say don’t push it. People can develop allergies to things they previously were not allergic to. I would stick to the pieces that have proven to be inert to you. Your health is more important than any jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies.