Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday!
The flower man was out today in the Quai aux Fleurs… he had roses…
Rose - red roses - love and respect
View attachment 5402664
Marigold - grief, jealously,
View attachment 5402666
and these pretty flowers? Daisies perhaps - innocence, loyal love
View attachment 5402665
Perhaps Zinnia yellow - Daily remembrance
View attachment 5402667
Lovely flowers abound!
View attachment 5402676
View attachment 5402675
very beautiful. Perhaps Delphinium for the white flowers.

Yesterday I wore Fleurs de Giverny. I love the flowers in it. And that water Lilly :love: . My 9th Hermes scarf which says it all. My first 12 I made no mistakes. Patting myself on the back for that ha. Made many mistakes after.
View attachment 5402484
Some archive of what I consider my true ‘floral’ scarves, and those with that one flower that just does it for me and grabbed me at hello. I‘ll thumbnail. I wish I could have participated more in this week. I love flowers.
Tresors d‘artiste
View attachment 5402488
into the Canadian wild
View attachment 5402489
View attachment 5402487View attachment 5402490
Au pays des oiseaux-fleurs
View attachment 5402493
jardin de leila
View attachment 5402494
peuple de vent
View attachment 5402496
a L’ombre des pivoines
View attachment 5402497
christine Henry does flowers so well. jardin de soie. I loved the gav so much I bought 4 cw’s! Maybe 5
View attachment 5402491View attachment 5402492
two twillies of Jardin anglais
View attachment 5402538

Great choices, gorgeous selection of floral scarves :heart:

Thank you sweethear!

it is pretty fabulous! :winkiss:

oh golly… that’s gorgeous!

wow… :faint:
They're both beautifu, but I ❤ that gray and blue beauty!

It’s adorable - kudos to you for persevering!

:woohoo:
Thank you!

Perfect with your blue top, this is such a beautiful scarf! Thank you for the information regarding the flower!
(and- omg - that guy killed your flowers :crybaby: :cursing: :facepalm:)

Fantastic!

What a beautiful parade Orchard! I couldn’t even pick a favorite… but that pink pink pink Jardin d’Hiver is pretty specia? :love:

Beautiful Nomad!
There are SO MaNY H scarves with flowers, and so many extraordinary designs, it’s too hard to squeeze them all in!
(maybe we need two floral weeks?!? :giggle: )

Very chic!

Oh wow… so beautiful! Your hibiscus is a marvelous color!

Thank you Cookie!
I agree, the very pink Jardins is a stunner.

Hello to 2022 Scarflandia!

I stayed up late to start this thread early! :rochard:

First of all - Happy New Year to everyone out in Scarfland!

Second of all, in this, the year of all things culture 2022, this first theme managed to land squarely in all the right spots on the board for the name. :lol: I totally wasn't thinking about the day of the week this landed on when I suggested the song related to this week's theme but here we are! A very happy coincidence for our first theme of 2022.

02 Jan 2022 Get the Party Started: Let’s celebrate with our happiest scarves!

Let's kick off our culture year with some modern culture and Pink's rowdy, happy (and still very danceable) song that gave us this week's theme.

"I'm comin' up so you better get this party started
I'm comin' up so you better get this party started
Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybody's waitin' for me to arrive…" :biggrin:

Let's explore our happiest scarves. I had to think about that one for a little. What makes a scarf a happy scarf for me? The easiest answer I had for the question was subject matter or colors.

For me Grand Prix du Faubourg and Animapolis fit neatly in to happy scarf land (probably for many of us) with the busy details of races, running, animals and general festivities and usually lot of bright or cheerful coloring (or, as in my case- an overabundance of pink).

View attachment 5286046

View attachment 5286045

Another happy "subject matter" scarf for me would be anything with cats tends to get placed in the "happy scarf" file, like Baobab Cat.... :love:

View attachment 5286047

But also, as I pondered a little more, I found I do have a (small- wish it were BIGGER) subset of scarves in my collection that I tend to think of as "happy" because I got a smoking' deal on them... :lol:

Panoplie Equestre will ALWAYS be a happy scarf for me for this exact reason (plus I adore the lime green with the navy...)

View attachment 5286048

So take it away scarf fans!!!! Let's see what you have designated your "happy" scarves for whatever reason!
looks great!!!! :smile:))

Reactions: bunnycat
I neglected to mention another reason why chrysanthemums are my favourite flower - they are edible :blush: Flowers = Food!

Yes, as a true blue Singaporean, I am very into food :lol: Edible plants especially fascinate me. Dried chrysanthemum flowers are steeped in hot water with rock sugar as a drink. My late grandfather had pots of chrysanthemums in his yard, and he would add the white petals to his porridge.

Some mums in enamel work on Collections Imperial
Picsart_22-05-14_17-29-26-524.jpg
One of my guilty pleasures is reading cookbooks, and the ones which enthrall me most are those about creating wedding cakes. The fondant icing and flowers are gorgeous! Sometimes, crystallized flowers are used. I would love to grow my own roses so that I can eat them (crazy but true).

This is a beautiful rose I spotted at a flower shop. I didn't buy it, but I snapped a photo. And my SOTD La Rosee. I love the stormy changeant moussie that @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend have but the colour wouldn't work for me. This is La Rosee in a stole format.
Picsart_22-05-14_17-01-58-682.jpg
Hubby grows lotus flowers. They are edible, but I haven't had a chance to eat any yet as hubby likes them too much to let me have a go at them :lol:
A lotus bud blooming and Fleurs de Lotus
Picsart_22-05-14_17-04-11-770.jpg
There are hibiscus flowers on Flamingo Party, and in my garden. I've drunk tea with dried hibiscus flowers mixed in. I wonder if the fresh flowers can be eaten too.
Picsart_22-05-14_17-00-14-674.jpg
And lastly, flowers which I do eat regularly. Blue butterfly pea petals are added to my salads or tint my rice. The deep vibrant blue looks almost like the colour in the centre of my Fleurs d'Opera!
Picsart_22-05-14_16-28-31-045.jpg

In researching the flowers in Regina, I ended up coming back to the article recently referenced by @xincinsin. (The scarf photo is mine.)

"The new [scarf] shows a bouquet combining the rose of England, the thistle of Scotland, the shamrock of Ireland, the leek of Wales and France's fleur de lys."

20220306_122235.jpg

I'm wearing my red Regina today.

20220421_083817.jpg

Last edited:
Twins or sisters with SOTD Eleftheria two ways; am braid for lunch with the boss and pm relaxed drape for some desk work before heading home. Elias Kafouros’ design includes “Mountainside houses, bell towers, ancient colonnades, bridges, and terraces flower at the heart of luxurious nature.”
well done - and perfect for this week!
:faint: stunning, just stunning
:hugs:
very beautiful. Perhaps Delphinium for the white flowers.
Ahhh - I didn’t think of that - thank you!
I neglected to mention another reason why chrysanthemums are my favourite flower - they are edible :blush: Flowers = Food!

Yes, as a true blue Singaporean, I am very into food :lol: Edible plants especially fascinate me. Dried chrysanthemum flowers are steeped in hot water with rock sugar as a drink. My late grandfather had pots of chrysanthemums in his yard, and he would add the white petals to his porridge.

Some mums in enamel work on Collections Imperial
View attachment 5403165
One of my guilty pleasures is reading cookbooks, and the ones which enthrall me most are those about creating wedding cakes. The fondant icing and flowers are gorgeous! Sometimes, crystallized flowers are used. I would love to grow my own roses so that I can eat them (crazy but true).

This is a beautiful rose I spotted at a flower shop. I didn't buy it, but I snapped a photo. And my SOTD La Rosee. I love the stormy changeant moussie that @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend have but the colour wouldn't work for me. This is La Rosee in a stole format.
View attachment 5403167
Hubby grows lotus flowers. They are edible, but I haven't had a chance to eat any yet as hubby likes them too much to let me have a go at them :lol:
A lotus bud blooming and Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 5403166
There are hibiscus flowers on Flamingo Party, and in my garden. I've drunk tea with dried hibiscus flowers mixed in. I wonder if the fresh flowers can be eaten too.
View attachment 5403168
And lastly, flowers which I do eat regularly. Blue butterfly pea petals are added to my salads or tint my rice. The deep vibrant blue looks almost like the colour in the centre of my Fleurs d'Opera!
View attachment 5403169
Lovely post Xincinsin… but now I’m hungry! :lol:
Everyhing looks both beautiful and delicious!
In researching the flowers in Regina, I ended up coming back to the article recently referenced by @xincinsin. (The scarf photo is mine.)

"The new [scarf] shows a bouquet combining the rose of England, the thistle of Scotland, the shamrock of Ireland, the leek of Wales and France's fleur de lys."

View attachment 5402914

I'm wearing my red Regina today.

View attachment 5403201
What a thoughtful design, I had no idea! Thank you!

Thank you sweethear!

it is pretty fabulous! :winkiss:

oh golly… that’s gorgeous!

wow… :faint:
They're both beautifu, but I ❤ that gray and blue beauty!

It’s adorable - kudos to you for persevering!

:woohoo:
Thank you!

Perfect with your blue top, this is such a beautiful scarf! Thank you for the information regarding the flower!
(and- omg - that guy killed your flowers :crybaby: :cursing: :facepalm:)

Fantastic!

What a beautiful parade Orchard! I couldn’t even pick a favorite… but that pink pink pink Jardin d’Hiver is pretty specia? :love:

Beautiful Nomad!
There are SO MaNY H scarves with flowers, and so many extraordinary designs, it’s too hard to squeeze them all in!
(maybe we need two floral weeks?!? :giggle: )

Very chic!

Oh wow… so beautiful! Your hibiscus is a marvelous color!
Thank you, Cookie!

Cheval du Marwari with some flowers, some flowers on Parade de Leonhardi and Pique Fleuri. I love this week and it could keep going if it were for me.
Is the Marwari a dipdye? It‘s just gorgeous!

That sheen is magnificent.
Thank you, dear!

Reactions: Maedi
Status
Not open for further replies.