Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I'm wearing another Kermit Oliver design that has birds and flowers around the border. The Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation limited edition of La Vie Sauvage du Texas. Once again I'm stumped as to the identity of most of the blossoms, but thanks to yesterday's study of Passiflores, Oliver's passion flower jumped out at me. And, I had to include the adorable goldfinch.

View attachment 5401763

I'd like to focus on one other blossom, this pretty aster, and tell you my story about this plant.

View attachment 5401765

This is Gaillardia pulchella, also known as Indian Blanket, Firewheel, or Girasol Rojo. This internet photo was taken at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas. There are legends about this flower, including one where the wife of a Native American chief wove a blanket for her husband in order to pray for his safe return. The threads were red and orange, like the flower.

View attachment 5401766

This beautiful flower is native to much of the United States, including where I live. I first encountered it many years ago when I offered to plant flowers next to my flying club's airport hangar. I chose native wildflowers and these plants did quite excellent, and for several years we had beautiful blooms. Then, one spring an airport maintenance person was out spraying weeds and noticed these plants coming up that were clearly not grass. He put so much weed killer on them that nothing grows there to this day. Thus ended my small attempt at airport beautification. :annoyed:

Introducing my scarf of the day, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation.

View attachment 5402310

Happy to be your twin RBH!
Appreciate the additional floral info.

Here is the lovely forest vegetation of Au Coeur de la Vie, including orchids and "flesh eating plants" (:nuts: according to H's Story Behind). I think I will concentrate on orchids! @xincinsin already posted background information on those beauties...
View attachment 5402270
I stopped in my tracks here. Oh my! Brilliant way of hiding the border as @Snausages said. We both need deets on how you did this. And is this the vibrant one with black border?
wow the first one is so ethereal. And the second is so so cool in the gray tones. And against the acqua top.
inspiring w the striped top. It pulls the color right out of the scarf too.
That tree is spectacular. And Index Bromeliaciae -what a beauty! Oh my. I love your sweater, too, a perfect color to pair with your newest floral acquisition. Speaking of acquisitions, here is my newest, thus becoming @LKBNOLA’s twin once more. Les Nouveaux Amoreaux de Paris. :hbeat:
View attachment 5402277How I managed to acquire this is quite a story, IMHO. I saw it on Buyma, but it was, predictably, overpriced. So I looked on US H.com and it indicated it was in stores only. I started putting in addresses - Boston, NYC, Chicago, and on. No luck. So I called H.com and the rep said it was sold out. Undeterred, I started trying California, and guess what? Palo Alto had one! So it pays to persevere. The SA at the store was lovely to me, too. I have always wanted this design but not the gav or the 90. When I saw @LKBNOLA model it recently, I fell in love with the bandana format. :drinkup:
oh! I am right there with you :sad: . I should have jumped on this format online. I was on a hard 70 ban and was apparently good about it Bc it kept me from this 55? Or is it a 70? I am hoping to find it for close to retail On resale market. I loved all the colors. I think the blue one the most, maybe. I love your pairing w the top and LoVE the jewelry choice.

haha. Never knew that video existed! Thanks for sharing haha.
Awwwww ty! Got this at the FSH mothership - talk about meta! The necklace (and a couple bracelets) came from Turkey (oooof cannot recall the city) which is one of the best trips I’ve ever taken (Alaska and Cairns and Spain also clamoring for top spots on the My Favorite Trip list)
oooooo love to hear about travel. Seville and south of Spain, and Alaska, are top top of my list. I remember looking at slides of my grandparents in the south of Spain with all the moorish influences. I have always been broke when I traveled so I only collected postcards haha. So smart to do jewelry! Gorgeous necklace with that scarf.
Today I'm wearing another Kermit Oliver design that has birds and flowers around the border. The Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation limited edition of La Vie Sauvage du Texas. Once again I'm stumped as to the identity of most of the blossoms, but thanks to yesterday's study of Passiflores, Oliver's passion flower jumped out at me. And, I had to include the adorable goldfinch.

View attachment 5401763

I'd like to focus on one other blossom, this pretty aster, and tell you my story about this plant.

View attachment 5401765

This is Gaillardia pulchella, also known as Indian Blanket, Firewheel, or Girasol Rojo. This internet photo was taken at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas. There are legends about this flower, including one where the wife of a Native American chief wove a blanket for her husband in order to pray for his safe return. The threads were red and orange, like the flower.

View attachment 5401766

This beautiful flower is native to much of the United States, including where I live. I first encountered it many years ago when I offered to plant flowers next to my flying club's airport hangar. I chose native wildflowers and these plants did quite excellent, and for several years we had beautiful blooms. Then, one spring an airport maintenance person was out spraying weeds and noticed these plants coming up that were clearly not grass. He put so much weed killer on them that nothing grows there to this day. Thus ended my small attempt at airport beautification. :annoyed:

Introducing my scarf of the day, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation.

View attachment 5402310
wow such a wonderful colorway of an amazing scarf. Congratulations! His borders are so special.
Rocking my Duo Cosmique with an emphasis on displaying the large peony and other florals since mine are starting to bloom!
Yes!! Love the flower in duo. And perfect tie for this design. That pink still tugs at my cc. My second fav colorway.

Au Coeur de la Vie.
One of the most beautiful H scarves depicting the heart of life with flowers, plants and animals.

DSC07889.JPG

DSC07892.JPG

Jardins d'Hiver 2015 issue.

Extract from the H booklet:
Evoking the Garden of Eden, this composition takes inspiration from plant tapestries called verdures that were fashionable at the close of the Middle Ages in Europe. Legendary gardens bloom within it, issuing an invitation to linger.
The hanging gardens of Babylon, one of the seven wonders of the world, overlook a labyrinth of trimmed topiary.

DSC07876.JPG

Jardin de Soie by Christine Henry, renowned for her distinctive floral designs.

To design this scarf, Christine Henry immersed herself in the precious collections of the Musée des Tissus et des Arts Décoratifs in Lyon. Medieval tapestries, antique tunics and extremely rare screens have inspired this silk garden with its sumptuous bestiary. Byzantine animals, Chinese shrubs, Russian griffins and Indian foliage intertwine, celebrating the artistic exchange between East and West.

DSC07151 (2).JPG

Yesterday I wore Fleurs de Giverny. I love the flowers in it. And that water Lilly :love: . My 9th Hermes scarf which says it all. My first 12 I made no mistakes. Patting myself on the back for that ha. Made many mistakes after.
6F1EBD30-48CD-4ECF-B663-E555F4E2DD47.jpeg
Some archive of what I consider my true ‘floral’ scarves, and those with that one flower that just does it for me and grabbed me at hello. I‘ll thumbnail. I wish I could have participated more in this week. I love flowers.
Tresors d‘artiste
BC751D9A-B436-4F54-BA1A-1CACEAFF08C9.jpeg
into the Canadian wild
5E30AD27-D386-4795-97F3-0883C03C5257.jpeg
D580081C-99C1-47F9-B104-0AB936FE0871.jpeg2A9CFB66-D9E9-47F7-BAC1-72D2C4E00B02.jpeg
Au pays des oiseaux-fleurs
24EDE970-F450-4B1F-A2D1-377A338184E4.jpeg
jardin de leila
93C0F8AA-161D-454A-AEB5-4F95E15465BA.jpeg
peuple de vent
8898219F-45AC-409F-BDA6-6FB20C42DD60.jpeg
a L’ombre des pivoines
DF4DC29B-E586-427C-9EBB-ED030C80A49A.jpeg
christine Henry does flowers so well. jardin de soie. I loved the gav so much I bought 4 cw’s! Maybe 5
25252B7B-8EBB-4756-9FFE-DBE863D7F00D.jpeg2BCA1600-B3E0-4C29-A6C3-99D84CA78742.jpeg
two twillies of Jardin anglais
3647219E-BF12-47D0-B491-76C950CEC6C5.jpeg

Last edited:
I. Love. That. Knot! Great for hiding borders. Would love deets!

Perfection! And that pendant :loveeyes:

More beautiful florals! That grey blue Lotus is breathtaking!
Thank you, Snausages!

I stopped in my tracks here. Oh my! Brilliant way of hiding the border as @Snausages said. We both need deets on how you did this. And is this the vibrant one with black border?

wow the first one is so ethereal. And the second is so so cool in the gray tones. And against the acqua top.

inspiring w the striped top. It pulls the color right out of the scarf too.

oh! I am right there with you :sad: . I should have jumped on this format online. I was on a hard 70 ban and was apparently good about it Bc it kept me from this 55? Or is it a 70? I am hoping to find it for close to retail On resale market. I loved all the colors. I think the blue one the most, maybe. I love your pairing w the top and LoVE the jewelry choice.

haha. Never knew that video existed! Thanks for sharing haha.

oooooo love to hear about travel. Seville and south of Spain, and Alaska, are top top of my list. I remember looking at slides of my grandparents in the south of Spain with all the moorish influences. I have always been broke when I traveled so I only collected postcards haha. So smart to do jewelry! Gorgeous necklace with that scarf.

wow such a wonderful colorway of an amazing scarf. Congratulations! His borders are so special.

Yes!! Love the flower in duo. And perfect tie for this design. That pink still tugs at my cc. My second fav colorway.
Yesterday I wore Fleurs de Giverny. I love the flowers in it. And that water Lilly :love: . My 9th Hermes scarf which says it all. My first 12 I made no mistakes. Patting myself on the back for that ha. Made many mistakes after.
View attachment 5402484
Some archive of what I consider my true ‘floral’ scarves, and those with that one flower that just does it for me and grabbed me at hello. I‘ll thumbnail. I wish I could have participated more in this week. I love flowers.
Tresors d‘artiste
View attachment 5402488
into the Canadian wild
View attachment 5402489
View attachment 5402487View attachment 5402490
Au pays des oiseaux-fleurs
View attachment 5402493
jardin de leila
View attachment 5402494
peuple de vent
View attachment 5402496
a L’ombre des pivoines
View attachment 5402497
christine Henry does flowers so well. jardin de soie. I loved the gav so much I bought 4 cw’s! Maybe 5
View attachment 5402491View attachment 5402492
two twillies of Jardin anglais
View attachment 5402538
Wonderful examples, Nomad! ... and thank you!

D-R-O-O-O-O-L-I-N-G over the gray cw!!!
Thank you! ... it‘s 1,40.

Au Coeur de la Vie.
One of the most beautiful H scarves depicting the heart of life with flowers, plants and animals.

View attachment 5402478

View attachment 5402479

Jardins d'Hiver 2015 issue.

Evoking the Garden of Eden, this composition takes inspiration from plant tapestries called verdures that were fashionable at the close of the Middle Ages in Europe. Legendary gardens bloom within it, issuing an invitation to linger.
The hanging gardens of Babylon, one of the seven wonders of the world, overlook a labyrinth of trimmed topiary.

View attachment 5402481

Jardin de Soie by Christine Henry, renowned for her distinctive floral designs.

To design this scarf, Christine Henry immersed herself in the precious collections of the Musée des Tissus et des Arts Décoratifs in Lyon. Medieval tapestries, antique tunics and extremely rare screens have inspired this silk garden with its sumptuous bestiary. Byzantine animals, Chinese shrubs, Russian griffins and Indian foliage intertwine, celebrating the artistic exchange between East and West.

View attachment 5402498
Love esp. the blue ACdlV, orchard ... twins on the orange.

Varangues featuring hibiscus (and a cut from my own plant)

View attachment 5402522
View attachment 5402523

More tropical flowers in Tropiques

View attachment 5402524

Tiny flowers in Les Ailes Pleins de Joie (original issue, pocket square. Reissued in 2016 in70cm) If anyone knows the year for my pochette, please share :flowers:

View attachment 5402553

Vol Amoreux Des Azures

View attachment 5402555

La Femme Aux Semelles Du Vent

View attachment 5402563
The light blue Varangues is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.