Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a kelly pochette is a hard to get item in paris? I’ve been searching for information everywhere and I can’t even find what colors it’s offered in.

Not sure if it’s easier to ask for a Kelly 25/28 or even a Kelly 20 instead
Yes, it’s extremely difficult but no reason not to ask for what you’d actually like, assuming you are granted a lottery based leather appointment. As for colors, any current color made in Swift leather (or current exotics) is possible to be found in the KP.

Yes, it’s extremely difficult but no reason not to ask for what you’d actually like, assuming you are granted a lottery based leather appointment. As for colors, any current color made in Swift leather (or current exotics) is possible to be found in the KP.
Thanks! That’s what I just wanted to know if it’s possible at least. Would you recommend telling them the colors you love? Or would being too specific hurt chances and look like a reseller?

Can anyone advise how far back can Hermes FSH check your purchase history from the boutique itself? Im hoping to travel to Paris soon and have been reading over here that says purchase history helps. But im just worried as i havent travelled to France since covid. Last purchase was in 2019. Thank you so much!

Can anyone advise how far back can Hermes FSH check your purchase history from the boutique itself? Im hoping to travel to Paris soon and have been reading over here that says purchase history helps. But im just worried as i havent travelled to France since covid. Last purchase was in 2019. Thank you so much!

They'll be able to see that. I went recently and they could see my purchases from 2019.

I just called the Hermes in Monaco today and they can see my history in Paris back to 2015.

I will be traveling to Paris in July and will only be there for two days. Last time I was there I could not score an appointment.
Do you think I should email the hotel concierge ahead of time and ask them if they can secure me an appointment?
Should I reach out to my SA here in Beverly Hills and ask if she can get me an appointment in Paris or will this upset her?
Thanks for the advice!

assuming that you are a strong regular VIP client of both your local H and of the specific, golden key hotel concierge, IMO it cannot hurt to try both, giving each a lot of advance notice and giving alternative dates. There are recent posts here that a concierge can no longer obtain appts, but as with anything, depending on the individual profile, exceptions may be made.

There are also posts on this thread about local SAs giving advice and counsel re FSH purchases, so IMO, occasional FSH purchases will not upset anyone. i have heard about a local SA being able to arrange an FSH appt, but I have no specific info.

So, I personally would try where you are the strongest client first and be transparent with the second so that they are aware of the double effort. In both cases, there will be two hurdles: you will have to be approved by both the entity requesting (they should be able to tell you relatively quickly whether you can be considered) and then, second hurdle, approved by H (thus vetted by both). Bc of this, I think it would be very hard to say X hotel and Y concierge can obtain an appt.

This is my opionion only and YMMV.

Last edited:
assuming that you are a strong regular VIP client of both your local H and of the specific, golden key hotel concierge, IMO it cannot hurt to try both, giving each a lot of advance notice and giving alternative dates. There are recent posts here that a concierge can no longer obtain appts, but as with anything, depending on the individual profile, exceptions may be made.

There are also posts on this thread about local SAs giving advice and counsel re FSH purchases, so IMO, occasional FSH purchases will not upset anyone. i have heard about a local SA being able to arrange an FSH appt, but I have no specific info.

So, I personally would try where you are the strongest client first and be transparent with the second so that they are aware of the double effort. In both cases, there will be two hurdles: you will have to be approved by both the entity requesting (they should be able to tell you relatively quickly whether you can be considered) and then, second hurdle, approved by H (thus vetted by both). Bc of this, I think it would be very hard to say X hotel and Y concierge can obtain an appt.

This is my opionion only and YMMV.
Yes just to add on. My leather appt arranged by the fsh sa was done within a week after my email recently. I had zero expectations. Thankfully, the sa remembered me as we had email correspondence from my previous visit last year. Perhaps purchase history helps in this instance.
Whereas for my hotel concierge, it’s almost a month, and there’s no update yet. So I assume it’s unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Reactions: luzdetaiwan
Here is my story: Part 1
Arrived on Wednesday and applied everyday since Tuesday. Me and my husband applied. I have a small purchase history in Paris from like 6 years ago. I decided this trip wasn’t going to be an Hermes trip. I visited the different stores based on where we were going to sightseeing or have meals. First day, I was around FSH. I went in the afternoon and asked for any cancellations. The gentleman said he didn’t have anything but he said I did the right thing; that cancellations happened. He encouraged me to keep doing it.
Next day, I was by the Luxembourg gardens and stopped by Sevres. I had a few things I wanted to get but there were a few SAs. I decided I wasn’t going to shop in a place where I had to chase an SA. So I left! Next day we were by the Arch of Triumph and stopped by George V. You had to do a small line and it was reasonable. They asked what I was looking for and I said shoes. I headed to the shoes department. You sat there and an SA will come and help you. I requested styles not displayed and was shown different colors. I found a beautiful pair of mocasines. Then I got a Kelly belt and my husband wanted a scarf. After I made the purchase I asked if they had any cancellations. The SA said maybe tomorrow but then asked which bags. After knowing what I was looking for she said for those bags definitely an appointment through the system. I was genuinely happy for what we bought. At 9:05pm, I got a text and email confirming my appointment for today at 2:30pm in FSH. My appointment was changing back and forth so I decided to go at the designated time. My husband and daughter came with me. I had zero expectations! Keep in mind I have never been successful during queuing system or beginning of this appointment system (3 years ago). I have always managed to get an appointment but never a BKC. We showed up and they took us upstairs and offered drinks. We were looking at pictures of our dog. A year ago we got our lovely puff ball. While waiting my daughter overheard the SA telling the people in the other table no BKCs today. I said well that’s what we can expect. Our SA came and she was such a personable lady. We were telling her about our dog and how hard it was at the beginning when we got her. We were all engaged in the conversation. Then she said tell me how can I make you very happy. Oh Lord! Never in a million years I expected that! I tried yo be very discreet because I felt bad for the people in the other table. Our SA said, “you can tell me anything that you want. It’s ok!”. She wanted to know the order of the my most wanted bag. I told her my wishes. At the end of my wishlist was a Constance or Cargo. She said I don’t have any Constance and Cargo will be back in the summer.

Here is my story: Part 1
Arrived on Wednesday and applied everyday since Tuesday. Me and my husband applied. I have a small purchase history in Paris from like 6 years ago. I decided this trip wasn’t going to be an Hermes trip. I visited the different stores based on where we were going to sightseeing or have meals. First day, I was around FSH. I went in the afternoon and asked for any cancellations. The gentleman said he didn’t have anything but he said I did the right thing; that cancellations happened. He encouraged me to keep doing it.
Next day, I was by the Luxembourg gardens and stopped by Sevres. I had a few things I wanted to get but there were a few SAs. I decided I wasn’t going to shop in a place where I had to chase an SA. So I left! Next day we were by the Arch of Triumph and stopped by George V. You had to do a small line and it was reasonable. They asked what I was looking for and I said shoes. I headed to the shoes department. You sat there and an SA will come and help you. I requested styles not displayed and was shown different colors. I found a beautiful pair of mocasines. Then I got a Kelly belt and my husband wanted a scarf. After I made the purchase I asked if they had any cancellations. The SA said maybe tomorrow but then asked which bags. After knowing what I was looking for she said for those bags definitely an appointment through the system. I was genuinely happy for what we bought. At 9:05pm, I got a text and email confirming my appointment for today at 2:30pm in FSH. My appointment was changing back and forth so I decided to go at the designated time. My husband and daughter came with me. I had zero expectations! Keep in mind I have never been successful during queuing system or beginning of this appointment system (3 years ago). I have always managed to get an appointment but never a BKC. We showed up and they took us upstairs and offered drinks. We were looking at pictures of our dog. A year ago we got our lovely puff ball. While waiting my daughter overheard the SA telling the people in the other table no BKCs today. I said well that’s what we can expect. Our SA came and she was such a personable lady. We were telling her about our dog and how hard it was at the beginning when we got her. We were all engaged in the conversation. Then she said tell me how can I make you very happy. Oh Lord! Never in a million years I expected that! I tried yo be very discreet because I felt bad for the people in the other table. Our SA said, “you can tell me anything that you want. It’s ok!”. She wanted to know the order of the my most wanted bag. I told her my wishes. At the end of my wishlist was a Constance or Cargo. She said I don’t have any Constance and Cargo will be back in the summer.
Go, go, tell us, please :smile:

Part 2:
She said I’m going to look everywhere so give me 10-15 minutes. We could paged her or asked to get her during that time if we needed her. We continue looking at pics of our dog then she showed up with 2 boxes. She said I can’t show you these bags in here because a lot of people will get mad and there will be a lot of drama. She looked for a private space or room but all were taken. She took us to the men’s shoes store next door; lol! Never heard this before but she said it happens all the time. She presented me with a Kelly 25 Sellier in Jade gold hardware. Love it! Then she said this is no pressure and opened the other box which was a Greta baby blue with platinum hardware. It was the small size. Super cute! My family said take it too but I wasn’t excited about it. I had the option of buying both. I just bought the Kelly. I asked the SA if she worked there every day and she gave me her card. She welcomed me and said to me from now on this is your Parisian store. Then she proceeded to say when you come back email me and see how I can resolved what you want.
My final thoughts:
-My husband thinks and this is a theory that maybe the SA at the George store may have had an input or helped with the appointment. I forgot to say that she said that that location was not good for BKC to try in FSH.
-Maybe the small purchase helped? I really loved what the SA found for us and I thanked her for that.
-At the end of the day, it all depends on the SA during the appointment. It was just merely luck that we all clicked. We charmed the SA and she charmed us. I could have gotten the SA next to us and wouldn’t have gotten anything.
-Keep in mind that this is the very first time I have been successful in Paris.
-Hermes knows the system is not perfect and they are trying to make it difficult because of resellers. My husband said he could tell based on how the SA looked at me whenever she asked me something. The SA said they follow people when we go to their stores to see if we are resellers or loyal customers like I am (I’m quoting her! I never thought of myself as a loyal customer). Keep in mind I haven’t spent a fortune. So there you go that’s my story.

Last edited: