New Date Stamp Format coming!!

Clopin

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
I don't know if this has been mentioned on the forum yet, but H is doing away with the lettered date stamps!

I was in the Mad Ave store today to take a bag and some accessories to be cleaned. While I was there speaking to Claude, I mentioned something about the date stamp on my birkin. He in turn said to me that they are completely doing away with the letter date stamps and changing it to something else completely different, and NO ONE knows what it will be! He said that this is, of course, to make it harder for people to counterfeit the bags!

Wow! Anyone else heard about this or have more info?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I did a search and didn't see anything.

Claude was VERY tight lipped about it. That was all the info he would give me!! It seemed to me that the date stamp will now change every year and no one will know what the new date stamp is going to be in advance. I could be wrong in my interpretation of it being something completely unknown every year though. It does makes sense to do away with the letters, since you already know which letter is coming next and counterfeiters can get a jump on the faking.

I don't think it will affect pre-owned H bags too drastically. H bags are already hard to come by in many ways, that if people don't want to buy lettered bags anymore, they might be waiting FOREVER, lol!

This is the first I hear of this. I must pay claude a visit. Thanks for the heads up
I don't know if this has been mentioned on the forum yet, but H is doing away with the lettered date stamps!

I was in the Mad Ave store today to take a bag and some accessories to be cleaned. While I was there speaking to Claude, I mentioned something about the date stamp on my birkin. He in turn said to me that they are completely doing away with the letter date stamps and changing it to something else completely different, and NO ONE knows what it will be! He said that this is, of course, to make it harder for people to counterfeit the bags!

Wow! Anyone else heard about this or have more info?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I did a search and didn't see anything.

I don't think it will affect pre-owned H bags too drastically. H bags are already hard to come by in many ways, that if people don't want to buy lettered bags anymore, they might be waiting FOREVER, lol!
True. But I was thinking more along the lines of the fakers HAVING to sell bags that are allegedly preowned, at least for a while. So I wonder if that will suddenly make the resale value for a lettered bag much less because that's all the fakers will be making at least until they catch up on the current year's "mystery" stamp.
Did that make any sense at all!? I hope so.

I feel that it wouldn't affect resale value much, if any.....

I bet tho, that instead of a letter date we'll see a different symbol every year. For example, a star next year then, a fish in 2009 then a horse in 2010 and so on.....

I feel that it wouldn't affect resale value much, if any.....

I bet tho, that instead of a letter date we'll see a different symbol every year. For example, a star next year then, a fish in 2009 then a horse in 2010 and so on.....
OK I think that would be a brilliant idea, and could even serve to make certain years hugely collectible. :heart: I'd buy up all the "golden retriever" years, that's for sure. LOL!