Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
same here, I woke up at 9am and still no confirmation email yet....
but from my past few months' experience, the odds of getting an appointment is low anyway. so i will just register for tomorrow.
They have disappointed us so much at this point, this is just a little sand in the huge beach LOL.
p.s. This is not the 1st time, this happened, they told me last time, if we don't get an email, check the phone as all acceptance will also get a text to the phone..so, if no email AND also no text, it means rejected.

********Her exact explanation was: 'always check for text, that is accurate, email or no email. If you get appointment, you will get text".

Last edited:
but from my past few months' experience, the odds of getting an appointment is low anyway. so i will just register for tomorrow.
They have disappointed us so much at this point, this is just a little sand in the huge beach LOL.
p.s. This is not the 1st time, this happened, they told me last time, if we don't get an email, check the phone as all acceptance will also get a text to the phone..so, if no email AND also no text, it means rejected.

********Her exact explanation was: 'always check for text, that is accurate, email or no email. If you get appointment, you will get text".
Thank you for this!

That's very true. If you got accepted for an appointment you don't just get a confirmation text, you also get a reminder text on the date of the appointment updated with the SA's name.
I got a rejection but didn’t get anything from my husband’s registration. No email no text nothing. My concern is that the system could potentially have a glitch. I have read in here that in the past there were similar situations. People went to the store and in fact it was a system glitch. We just registered again and if it happens again I’ll go to the store.

I got a rejection but didn’t get anything from my husband’s registration. No email no text nothing. My concern is that the system could potentially have a glitch. I have read in here that in the past there were similar situations. People went to the store and in fact it was a system glitch. We just registered again and if it happens again I’ll go to the store.
I'm not saying glitches don't happen and we know Hermes doesn't have the greatest IT infrastructure, just stating that when you actually have a confirmed appointment you'll definitely getting multiple texts to make sure you don't miss it, that's more important than not getting any alert/email when being rejected. Even if you got rejected, you can always do walk-in and test your luck anyway.

Oww thank you

Need some advice from our dear fellow members. I managed to secure a leather bag appt via my sa in Paris. But it’s towards the end of our trip. Should me and my partner still apply the appt online in the meantime? The time apart is like a month

I was in Paris the last couple of weeks and would like to share my experience.

1. If you are successful, you will receive both an email confirmation as well as a SMS confirmation.
2. Email rejections should arrive in your inbox around 8pm to 11ish pm.
3. If you manage to get a bag via the “in-person request at the stores” route or via your SA (regardless of the type of bag you get), don’t bother to apply online any more after your appt.
4. A balloted appt does not guarantee a quota bag. A friend of mine was given a P18 after her slot was moved backwards till about 5.30pm at FSH. She was told outright that there was no BCK.

That’s just my experience but in the world of Hermes, anything is possible darlings!! Good luck and have fun on your hols!

Need some advice from our dear fellow members. I managed to secure a leather bag appt via my sa in Paris. But it’s towards the end of our trip. Should me and my partner still apply the appt online in the meantime? The time apart is like a month
I was in the same situation many times and i will always apply for an appointment. You would never know if you will score a bag or not, so its better to have an alternative.

Reactions: eagle1002us
I was in the same situation many times and i will always apply for an appointment. You would never know if you will score a bag or not, so its better to have an alternative.
Thanks for your advice. Is there a difference between hotel made appointments vs sa arranged appointments whom I made purchases from since she remembers me?
I’m still waiting for my hotel concierge to update me and perhaps can test the 2 variations lol