POST Your Balenciaga Finds - NO CHAT/COMMENTS

fashion-cult

Dec 4, 2006
Post Your Balenciaga Finds from around the web here!

You may NOT post your own items.

NO chat/comments.

Post ONLY the item info.​

for auction/resale items:
- post only the item name and link
- authenticate the item before posting

for store items, please include:
- the store name
- location, phone number
- items available
- prices
(or see http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...yle-numbers-prices-all-balenciaga-144151.html)

Off-topic chat, please go here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-bbag-chat-room.574367/page-501#post-35735038

CHAT about finds here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/chat-about-balenciaga-finds.1066415/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know when they discontinued the make up clutch but I know they were made until at least 2011. Could be coquelicot in that case, I know they say chevre but I think they're just basing that on the fact they think it's true red. I suck at knowing whether some items are chevre or agneau. But nine times out of ten when I'm not sure of the shade of red it ends up being coquelicot. :lol: This one looks like it has a touch of orange which would be consistent with coq.

Reactions: samfalstaff
I don't know when they discontinued the make up clutch but I know they were made until at least 2011. Could be coquelicot in that case, I know they say chevre but I think they're just basing that on the fact they think it's true red. I suck at knowing whether some items are chevre or agneau. But nine times out of ten when I'm not sure of the shade of red it ends up being coquelicot. :lol: This one looks like it has a touch of orange which would be consistent with coq.
So does the Rouge Vermillion (2007 S/S) which would be Chevre ..

Honestly, if you compare it to my coquelicot First and allow for the difference in lighting, they're pretty close.

View attachment 5397740
Oh WOW .. yup, I agree! It's funny, I found that the 1st Season Coquelicot (2011 F/W) had less of the orange-hue, whereas the 2nd season (2012 S/S) definitely had more of the orange-hue (I had both bags and sold the 2nd season because of the orange hue)!!

Oh WOW .. yup, I agree! It's funny, I found that the 1st Season Coquelicot (2011 F/W) had less of the orange-hue, whereas the 2nd season (2012 S/S) definitely had more of the orange-hue (I had both bags and sold the 2nd season because of the orange hue)!!
Mine is the F/W 2011 though. To my eye it has an orange hue. I've always thought coq was more orange based, although a lot of people think it's a true red. :hrmm:

Mine is the F/W 2011 though. To my eye it has an orange hue. I've always thought coq was more orange based, although a lot of people think it's a true red. :hrmm:
You know, it could also be one of those "Balenciaga 'batches'" issues! As we all know, Balenciaga (especially when they started producing a LOT more bags for a season), would make them in batches. In 2007 S/S, when Balenciaga made the Anthracite bags, there was a LOT of discussion on the color .. some were more 'pure' Grey while others complained that their bag had a distinct Teal background hue. Some folks preferred the 'true Grey' and others preferred the 'Teal' version .. and seeing many pictures, boy .. they were right.

1. Picture #1 is my 2011 F/W Coquelicot which, to me (my eyes) does present as a "True Red".
  2. Picture #2 is my 2011 F/W Coquelicot (bottom) compared to the 2015 F/W Rouge Lipstick (top) and as you can see, they are pretty darn close (pic was taken outside so that I could get the best lighting)!
Some of Bal's colors (especially in the Blues) can take on different hues depending on the lighting (Outremer and Bleu Lavande come to mind); one of the things that I kind of liked about the Balenciaga colors .. they keep us guessing!!

2011 FW Coquelicot.jpg20170810_175840 (2).jpg