Do You Prefer Size 30 or 35 Birkin?

Thanks for the comparison pics BBC. I def prefer the 25/30 on you!

All three look good on you. B35 looks like a tote. B30 looks like it fits you perfectly as a purse. B25 looks more elegant, and I'm assuming you usually pair it with a more tailored outfit. All are ok. They just look like bags for different purposes.

I usually dress tailored, I was just feeling lazy and the the weather was cold and I couldn't justify getting dressed just to take DS2 to boxing class. I know you're right, it never bothered me before. [emoji254]

Reactions: westcoastgal
I think it all depends on how tall you are haha.. If you are under 5'5 I think the Birkin 30/25 is best because big purses will make you look shorter. If you are taller than 5'8 then a birkin 35 would be ideal in my opinion and if you between 5'6-5'8 you can pretty much choose cause all sizes will be proportionate.. Just my opinion
I am currently contemplating on the next B that I am going to try to get. While I am staring at my B30, I just can't help but think that it is a tad too small for me. I am 5"3 but on the chunky side. I wonder if I got so used to carrying my Celine Phantom (which was my only tote) during my pre-B days, so maybe that's why the B30 is to doing it for me?

I wonder how do you guys feel about it?
I’m like you on the curvier side and we are same height. The 35 fits my proportions better but then I see women carry 30s and think I want it. Then I think back to Jane Birkin and remember that the original purpose of the bag was to carry stuff so closer to tote versus a handbag. That said, choose what suits you best.

5'2", petite build. Have owned B35s and B30s, and given how little I carry in my purse, I definitely prefer the 30cm. I can fit all of my essentials (phone, keys, wallet), and a puffer (gotta layer up in San Francisco) in a 30cm, and still have some room to spare. Also, oversized bags have never been my personal preference, and I felt the B35 looked a bit big on me.

35 always...
I tried a 30 on recommendation of my SA (I'm 5'3" and petite) but it looked just 'meh' to my eye..
its a matter of personal preference.
Oh you’re so me! I am your height and B35 looks much better on me than B30. I am still undecided though, as I cannot stand items rattling too much in an empty bag.

So function-wise, B30 is sensible for what I carry: roomy but not rattling around. But looks-wise, it’s absolutely B35. Still undecided….

PS: my husband thinks it’s not the height or size that determines suitability: it’s presence and charisma :graucho:. There’s a reason I keep him for so long. :angel:

Oh you’re so me! I am your height and B35 looks much better on me than B30. I am still undecided though, as I cannot stand items rattling too much in an empty bag.

So function-wise, B30 is sensible for what I carry: roomy but not rattling around. But looks-wise, it’s absolutely B35. Still undecided….

PS: my husband thinks it’s not the height or size that determines suitability: it’s presence and charisma :graucho:. There’s a reason I keep him for so long. :angel:
I actually prefer carrying a half empty bag where I can actually SEE and find what I'm looking for than one packed with 'stuff' because then I find myself rummaging through thinking I've lost my phone/keys/wallet/kindle etc etc but its somewhere at the bottom of other 'stuff'.
If you prefer the looks of the 35 then that is the one I would advise you to buy.
The proportions of the 30 looked somehow too 'boxy' to me and just a bit more like a Saint Laurent Sac de Jour than a chic slouchy Birkin.
I think of the 35 as a real 'tote' the 30 as just a top handle bag.
Truth be told I love the 40 but everyone says I'll find it too heavy-Mind you I could just carry Keys and a phone in it and hang the rest:giggle:

The proportions of the 30 looked somehow too 'boxy' to me and just a bit more like a Saint Laurent Sac de Jour than a chic slouchy Birkin.
very helpful point and perspective! I already have a K32 which size-wise is close to B30 and function-wise a top handle bag. I keep this in mind. Thank you!

B35 all the way!
I think it’s the most classic size. It has the best looking proportions. In my opinion, it doesn’t matter what your figure is because I look at it as more of a utility bag where function meets form on another level. Sometimes when I have conversations about people whether the size of their birkin 35 looks good on them, I just tell them that Kourtney Kardashian looks just as good in her birkin 35 as Alessandra Ambrosio looks in her birkin 35
D7EDDF76-171B-48B4-803F-AEA99FAE1F8D.jpeg9EC3CA07-6BAA-4EC5-B8B5-03E7A0848332.jpeg

I actually prefer carrying a half empty bag where I can actually SEE and find what I'm looking for than one packed with 'stuff' because then I find myself rummaging through thinking I've lost my phone/keys/wallet/kindle etc etc but its somewhere at the bottom of other 'stuff'.
If you prefer the looks of the 35 then that is the one I would advise you to buy.
Truth be told I love the 40 but everyone says I'll find it too heavy-Mind you I could just carry Keys and a phone in it and hang the rest:giggle:
Love this!

• Thanks
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
B35 all the way!
I think it’s the most classic size. It has the best looking proportions. In my opinion, it doesn’t matter what your figure is because I look at it as more of a utility bag where function meets form on another level. Sometimes when I have conversations about people whether the size of their birkin 35 looks good on them, I just tell them that Kourtney Kardashian looks just as good in her birkin 35 as Alessandra Ambrosio looks in her birkin 35
View attachment 5386611View attachment 5386612
I see women of all proportions carry 30 or 35 but personally feel the 35 suits me best.
For me it has less to do with the young women of today and more to do with Jane Birkin who inspired the bag and it’s purpose. I suppose I’ve always leaned towards purist who prefers the original design of most things over iterations.

I totally agree with you. The Birkin was born a tote: smaller than a 35 it's too much of a handbag and not a tote to me. I also prefer the slouchy look to the boxy handbag look. I started with 40 B in the late 90's, but in time I started finding them too heavy so I opted for 35s. I really don't see myself with a 30.

I recently added my first 35 in probably five years. Not because I had issues with the size, more because I have focused on Kellys, and I do have a noir chèvre 30 that's super useful. But I LOVE it! I find it a chic size and honestly the bag is not heavy IMO.
Sorry for the kick-around weekend jeans! Note: I am 5'2"/157.4 cm on a tall day and am small-boned, a Euro 32/US 00.

IMG_6468.jpg