Farfetch and my 1st YSL purchase…help!

JPeace

O.G.
Jun 7, 2011
Just received my 1st item from Farfetch. I got the YSL monogram clutch and it’s gorgeous. This is also my first YSL piece. Everything looks new and the item is perfect. Only issue is there are not tags or authentication cards. Is this normal for YSL or should there be an authentication card?

B4B52E0C-F572-4E8B-9BA0-845786F3F055.jpeg

537D11EE-76BA-4A5B-A5D8-432021A4BE2D.jpeg

B786FC31-7057-40D7-820C-D4D9B451EB31.jpeg

C1A9D9CA-FDDE-4295-ACA7-DF3159CBD2A8.jpeg

DC7F85BE-600B-4A7B-9A13-2D6192C57A05.jpeg

Reactions: rowy65 and Sibelle
I do not think that YSL currently does authenticity cards.

Also, I see on the YSL website it's considered a "pouch" as is under Small Leather Goods. Technically then, it is not a handbag (if you go under Handbags, there is a clutch section, and it's not in that clutch section).

Though I personally would expect a tag of some sort.

1650312316050.png

Thank you! That makes sense with it being a small leather good.

I actually called Farfetch and they said usually items come with tags, but some of their suppliers may not have them…which seems odd. She said I can return it with no issue and that my Farfetch invoice should provide authenticity if needed in the future. I hate to return it and risk getting another one with flaws. I’m really impressed with this piece.
I do not think that YSL currently does authenticity cards.

Also, I see on the YSL website it's considered a "pouch" as is under Small Leather Goods. Technically then, it is not a handbag (if you go under Handbags, there is a clutch section, and it's not in that clutch section).

Though I personally would expect a tag of some sort.

View attachment 5382686

Reactions: lill_canele
I also bought a YSL bag from farfetch a while ago. Mine came with an authenticity card and tags but I must say your packaging is so much better.

I didn’t get a box or any wrapping, the bag was just shoved in the dust bag and then shoved in a cardboard box LOL.

Reactions: JPeace
Good grief! Well this was my first purchase with Farfetch so wasn’t sure what to expect. I had found a promo code for $60 off which basically paid the tax. I was impressed the how it arrived so sounds like it’s hit or miss depending on the vendor.

I also bought a YSL bag from farfetch a while ago. Mine came with an authenticity card and tags but I must say your packaging is so much better.

I didn’t get a box or any wrapping, the bag was just shoved in the dust bag and then shoved in a cardboard box LOL.

Reactions: birkenstocksandcode
Thank you so much! Wondering what took me so long to add something from YSL. I’m learning a lot about Farfetch though…lol.
I bought a YSL belt through Farfetch and I didn't get a box, so at least yours was package waaay nicer. Mine just came with a dustbag.

Congrats on the item! It is beautiful!

Did you see by chance where your clutch came from (what boutique). I ordered one not too long ago through Farfetch, and it was shipped directly from a YSL boutique in CA. I don’t remember if it came with the packet with the authenticity card or not. I usually don’t keep track of them as I don’t plan to sell it. And if I did it would more than likely be to Fashionphile or a luxury consignment similar to where having that info isn’t necessary. I say keep it unless you feel like you really need that info for some reason.

Thank you! It came from Kering S.A. Which looks to be a distribution center in New Jersey which owns YSL, Gucci, etc. I feel better after the feedback everyone gave. It does have info as far as a sticker inside the box, but that’s it. I agree with you as I don’t plan to sell, but it would be authentic if I ever did.
Did you see by chance where your clutch came from (what boutique). I ordered one not too long ago through Farfetch, and it was shipped directly from a YSL boutique in CA. I don’t remember if it came with the packet with the authenticity card or not. I usually don’t keep track of them as I don’t plan to sell it. And if I did it would more than likely be to Fashionphile or a luxury consignment similar to where having that info isn’t necessary. I say keep it unless you feel like you really need that info for some reason.