Micro Belt Bag - Shorten/Replace Strap?

Omg thanks for this! I’m on here trying to find a strap for my mini as it hangs annoyingly at my hip and bounces when I walk- I want a shoulder size almost and glad you revived this thread!
I know this thread is super old but I had the same issue as the OP for wanting to carry my micro on the shoulder. I'm also about 5'2". I just found that it juts out awkwardly when carried crossbody and I wasn't reaching for it much as a result. I contemplated selling the bag and buying in mini size, but decided instead to get a replacement strap that's a near perfect match from Mautto. Now it's like my bag has a new life !

Reactions: Sunfall77
I know this thread is super old but I had the same issue as the OP for wanting to carry my micro on the shoulder. I'm also about 5'2". I just found that it juts out awkwardly when carried crossbody and I wasn't reaching for it much as a result. I contemplated selling the bag and buying in mini size, but decided instead to get a replacement strap that's a near perfect match from Mautto. Now it's like my bag has a new life !

Can you speak to how well the Mautto strap held up? I just purchased a Micro and hate the strap lenght. Am debating returning & switchign to the Mini, but I prefer the size of the Micro bag. It seems a little sketchy to buy a $50 strap for a $2500 bag. Are you still happy with it?

Can you speak to how well the Mautto strap held up? I just purchased a Micro and hate the strap lenght. Am debating returning & switchign to the Mini, but I prefer the size of the Micro bag. It seems a little sketchy to buy a $50 strap for a $2500 bag. Are you still happy with it?

Still quite happy with it! I own several leather Mautto straps and they are all great. Nice leather quality, nice stitching, nice hardware. Of course it's not "designer" like the original but I feel they are worth it and they are pretty much my go-to whenever I need a bag strap matched to a bag.

Still quite happy with it! I own several leather Mautto straps and they are all great. Nice leather quality, nice stitching, nice hardware. Of course it's not "designer" like the original but I feel they are worth it and they are pretty much my go-to whenever I need a bag strap matched to a bag.
Thank you so much for your response! I thought it was a long shot reviving such an old thread. Can I ask how you specified your custom strap? My belt bag is black so I'm thinking I should ask for 3/4" width, 30" shoulder strap length, black pebbled leather, and gold hardware. Anything else you asked for?

Thank you so much for your response! I thought it was a long shot reviving such an old thread. Can I ask how you specified your custom strap? My belt bag is black so I'm thinking I should ask for 3/4" width, 30" shoulder strap length, black pebbled leather, and gold hardware. Anything else you asked for?

Yes, I went with 3/4" and 30" length too. For the hardware I went with solid brass #19 clips, which look quite similar to the originals.

Looks good!! Link??
The color of my strap doesn't match perfectly the bag. Is more a brownish grey, but the leather parts are of the exact color of the bag. But for me is ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_171830.jpg
    IMG_20220410_171830.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 24
The color of my strap doesn't match perfectly the bag. Is more a brownish grey, but the leather parts are of the exact color of the bag. But for me is ok.

This looks so good! What color is your Celine bag? I have the dark grey belt bag and am looking for this same strap. I was toying with the idea of buying the Celine ones, but can’t justify the cost. Would also prefer to not be so flashy when traveling. This strap looks perfect (but sadly the link to Etsy doesn’t work for me).

This looks so good! What color is your Celine bag? I have the dark grey belt bag and am looking for this same strap. I was toying with the idea of buying the Celine ones, but can’t justify the cost. Would also prefer to not be so flashy when traveling. This strap looks perfect (but sadly the link to Etsy doesn’t work for me).
My bag is the current grey at Celine, i think is dark grey. I'm sorry the link doesn't work anymore. I saved in my favourites another seller who had a very simillar strap, but the same happened. I'm sure you can find a good strap in etsy, but be careful with some shops that only carry bad quality hardware.