Diamond tennis bracelets

Well, ladies, what they say is true…if it seems too good to be true, it definitely is! Ugh. I was fortunately able to see a GIA certified and independent (not attached to a jewelry store) appraiser this morning. He confirmed that the bracelet I received did not match the description. Capucelli offered to send a replacement with “better diamond quality,” but I’m just going to return. Hope this helps someone!
it looks beautiful in the picture. I’m interested to see what the jeweler tells you about it’s quality.
This looks beautiful! I have also been curious about Capucelli. Please let us know what your jeweler says :smile:

Well, ladies, what they say is true…if it seems too good to be true, it definitely is! Ugh. I was fortunately able to see a GIA certified and independent (not attached to a jewelry store) appraiser this morning. He confirmed that the bracelet I received did not match the description. Capucelli offered to send a replacement with “better diamond quality,” but I’m just going to return. Hope this helps someone!
Do you mind sharing what was description and what quality was it appraised at?

thank you for sharing your experience. And sorry it didn’t work out.

My Capucelli TB just arrived today!

I was given a very pretty 5ctw bracelet from Costco late last year (I even posted in this thread because I was excited). I soon realized that I hated the 7 in. length. We returned it, and I thought I would get a small Love with diamonds instead, but the targeted ads got to me, and I saw Capucelli. The prices are too good to be true, right?!

I ended up ordering the “8.5ctw bracelet,” although I got 6.5in, so it’s actually a little under 8ctw. I’m going to take it in to a jeweler before I make a final decision, of course…I’m still wondering what the catch is :lol: The website claims G-H color, VS-SI2 clarity, and VG cut. I’ll attach some photos, and I’d love to know what people think since this is basically an experiment!
I would love to know as well about the appraisal if you don’t mind sharing. Was seriously considering ordering the 8.5ctw myself before I saw your post sorry it didn’t work out!

Just to give a little closure to my posts: I received my refund from Capucelli, and they were very prompt with sending a return label, letting me know they got my package, etc.

I’m still very disappointed that the bracelet’s description on the website differed so much from what I actually received (website says VS-SI2 and appraiser said they were I-I3), but I appreciate that the return process was easy and smooth.

Our 10 year anniversary is coming up in a couple of years, so I think I might wait on a tennis bracelet until then so I can convince DH that I need 10 carats :graucho:

I had a tennis bracelet with total carat weight of 3.36 carats comprising 56 6-point diamonds. I used to be able to put it on by myself to switch from one wrist to the other, after taking it off to go to the petrol station etc.

Then one fine day, the tongue bent when I was switching it from my right to left wrist. I sent it for repair. The SA put it on and it stayed on for the next few months 24/7. Then I had to remove it for All Souls Day as I didn’t want relatives seeing me with too much jewelry. Guess that? When trying to put it on by myself, with even less force than before, the tongue bent and broke this time!!

Is this normal? Do you put on your tennis bracelet by yourself and how do you do it? Any tips? I really think that something is broken and that’s why I can’t put it on by myself anymore unlike before. Now I’m thinking of re-setting into a bangle but it’s costly and this will make it my most expensive jewelry item which I don’t think sounds right.

Here’s a pic from its glory days with my other arm candy.
678B47D1-0DAE-49E8-927E-91802089EF68.jpeg

Hello! I’m looking for some advice from the jewelry experts here. My mother is planning to buy a couple tennis bracelets & necklaces and wants my help, but I’m not sure exactly what questions to be asking the jeweler or what to look for. I'm pretty out of my depths with jewelry and these are expensive pieces she's looking at so I want to make sure I give the right guidance.

My first question is, is it a good plan to buy multiple lengths to mix and match? She plans to buy several pieces such that she can convert the length of a tennis necklace, or mix and match as she pleases:
- 19” tennis necklace
- 2x 8” tennis bracelets
- 24” tennis necklace

That way, she has the option of a 19, 24, 27, 32, 35, or 38” necklace. (We’ve measured the lengths and they are appropriate for her, as she has a larger neck and wrists.) The jeweler says you won’t be able to tell that the longer necklaces are a mix of pieces because the clasps are "invisible" - does that sound right? They unfortunately didn't have two in stock of similar size such that we could connect them to test her claim.

My second question is, what clarity and color diamonds should she be looking for? I think the bracelet she tried on was about 8.5tcw with ~20pt diamonds (and that's the size she'd want in the necklaces as well), so they are substantial pieces. I forgot what the jeweler said about color and clarity of the diamonds.

My third question is, are there different shapes and settings she should consider? I think from some quick research that what she tried on was a classic 4 prong setting. It was beautiful and timeless, and that is what she's looking for. I know she won't like bezel or channel set. But I want to make sure I'm not missing anything (is a 6 prong setting better and more durable?).

Last question is, are there other questions we should be asking the jeweler? It's a lot of money to spend on jewelry, and neither of us are well versed enough to feel like we're asking intelligent questions. Would love your advice for other questions to be asking and how to ensure she is getting a fair price (as the jeweler definitely knows we are not very knowledgeable).

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
Hello! I’m looking for some advice from the jewelry experts here. My mother is planning to buy a couple tennis bracelets & necklaces and wants my help, but I’m not sure exactly what questions to be asking the jeweler or what to look for. I'm pretty out of my depths with jewelry and these are expensive pieces she's looking at so I want to make sure I give the right guidance.

My first question is, is it a good plan to buy multiple lengths to mix and match? She plans to buy several pieces such that she can convert the length of a tennis necklace, or mix and match as she pleases:
- 19” tennis necklace
- 2x 8” tennis bracelets
- 24” tennis necklace

That way, she has the option of a 19, 24, 27, 32, 35, or 38” necklace. (We’ve measured the lengths and they are appropriate for her, as she has a larger neck and wrists.) The jeweler says you won’t be able to tell that the longer necklaces are a mix of pieces because the clasps are "invisible" - does that sound right? They unfortunately didn't have two in stock of similar size such that we could connect them to test her claim.

My second question is, what clarity and color diamonds should she be looking for? I think the bracelet she tried on was about 8.5tcw with ~20pt diamonds (and that's the size she'd want in the necklaces as well), so they are substantial pieces. I forgot what the jeweler said about color and clarity of the diamonds.

My third question is, are there different shapes and settings she should consider? I think from some quick research that what she tried on was a classic 4 prong setting. It was beautiful and timeless, and that is what she's looking for. I know she won't like bezel or channel set. But I want to make sure I'm not missing anything (is a 6 prong setting better and more durable?).

Last question is, are there other questions we should be asking the jeweler? It's a lot of money to spend on jewelry, and neither of us are well versed enough to feel like we're asking intelligent questions. Would love your advice for other questions to be asking and how to ensure she is getting a fair price (as the jeweler definitely knows we are not very knowledgeable).

Any advice? :smile:

- 19” tennis necklace
- 2x 8” tennis bracelets
- 24” tennis necklace

It’s a lot to purchase at one time. I would suggest starting off with one piece and getting a feel for it. What are the specs of the stones? You need to request none are under SI1 and in addition I would request to have these made custom and pick the stones for each piece. This shouldn’t be issue when your spending with a reputable jeweler. Also I would recommend contacting ID jewelry to get price quote from them. I had 20 pointe bangle made with them and stones are very nice