Chanel Lambskin - how do I clean it/care for it?

would anyone be able to suggest a good way for me to get rid of the watermark on my lambskin chevron?

im not entirely sure if it’s a watermark or an oil mark as I got the bag preowned. It didn’t bother me before buying it but I do want to make it less prominent at the very least. 2B24ED84-A366-447F-A042-D5117BC348CA.jpeg4D494758-EE7B-4E33-9818-B407ABFA43FC.jpeg1005FA41-79EB-4C30-BFD3-5DF70D97EFA4.jpeg

would anyone be able to suggest a good way for me to get rid of the watermark on my lambskin chevron?

im not entirely sure if it’s a watermark or an oil mark as I got the bag preowned. It didn’t bother me before buying it but I do want to make it less prominent at the very least. View attachment 5373599View attachment 5373600View attachment 5373601
I don’t think this is watermark. I had my caramel lamb wetted before and it disappeared on its own… I think this mark is due to some oil or something not purely water

It worked great. I have now used it on all my lambskin bags both light color and darker color without issue.
Oh I forgot to mention that this brand also makes a water and stain protectant spray. I recently purchased that and have used it on my lambskin bags.

Oh great! I have more lambskin bags than caviar, would be nice to also have the protectant spray:tup:

Reactions: sweetpea_2009
Oh f#%*!
That hurts. I feel you!!!
If its any condolence - on here somewhere is a thread where I freaked when I dropped my brand new mini face forward and it SKIDDED DOWN THE STREET which was plastered with salt pebbles as it had snowed the week before. Oh. My. Lord. I was lucky that I had a caviar bag but the turnlock is now scratched forever.. i went to chanel too and they told me to just use it as the locks get wear and tear anyway and if it really bothered me i could have the nob replaced in some years time..

BUT for your problem: do you have nivea body lotion? I mean the pure, thick lotion, no crazy anti aging, cellulite, vitamin wonder stuff. I treat all of my really expensive leather items (leather jackets, shoes.. and since christmas a 2004 lambskin medium!) to a “massage”.

My bag, same like urs, had a scratch that I myself put there by being clumsy and having not well manicured nails. I took half a pea size of bodylotion and massaged it on that spot, let it dry n buffed it out with a clean white cotton shirt that i now use for such jobs. Scratch gone.

I am SURE you can minimise the scratches SIGNIFICANTLY. And if they dont dissapear on the first go, u can repeat the process..

Also it helps to stroke/ “massage” the scratches against the direction of the scratch, to smooth the tiniest of leather bits that make the scratch visible back down.. u know what i mean? If u know the scratches got in there from the top downwards I wpuld try smoothing it down with lotion from bottom to top..

Dont worry nothing is lost!!! Im itching to get ur bag and do it, i find it rather satisfying to see scratches dissapear haha.

Hi Katlina -- Is Nivea okay for non-black lambskins?

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I have a mini flap in lambskin and I’m disappointed how quickly it gets damaged, I was wondering if you could confirm if this is normal or is my bag made of exceptionally poor materials…

I don’t baby my bags but take reasonable care of them and I don’t mind normal tear and wear at all, but this is my first Chanel and first lambskin and so far experience has been disappointing. I’m not worried about the appearance of the bag at all, my concern is more about whether or not I’ve been duped by buying low quality item or that damage will quickly go beyond repair.

I got my bag in December and only after two uses I noticed wear at the corners. It wasn’t even the corners at the back, from rubbing agains the body, but at front where literally nothing was touching them.

The corners deteriorated a little more and also some mysterious damage to the top of the back pocket appeared and in May, whilst walking past boutique I decided to come in and speak to someone.

I explained to SA that I noticed the first damage after couple of uses and have been using the bag about once a week since I got it and the leather seems to be disappointing quality.

The SA (and another colleague) agreed that the bag has obviously been very well cared for as there is zero scratches, dents or any proof it has been used or stored incorrectly, but kept saying it’s just how fragile lambskin is.

I was offered to leave the bag for assessment (although SA said it’s very unlikely it will be found faulty) and/or repair. I did and few weeks later I got it back with the leather touched up to satisfactory level.

However as the sun came out I decided to take another look at the bag properly and noticed similar leather damage to inside (which I don’t really care about) and unfortunately to quite a bit of the strap, which worries me a bit more.

Please take a look at the picture and let me know if you had similar experience and if I had to worry about the damage progressing or strap snapping?

I also noticed scratches on the middle of the lock which is also disappointing considering the bag is about 6 months old and used about once a week.

Attachments

• B1F7946C-5A68-464C-9223-6B942A2694D7.jpeg
    B1F7946C-5A68-464C-9223-6B942A2694D7.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 131
Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I have a mini flap in lambskin and I’m disappointed how quickly it gets damaged, I was wondering if you could confirm if this is normal or is my bag made of exceptionally poor materials…

I don’t baby my bags but take reasonable care of them and I don’t mind normal tear and wear at all, but this is my first Chanel and first lambskin and so far experience has been disappointing. I’m not worried about the appearance of the bag at all, my concern is more about whether or not I’ve been duped by buying low quality item or that damage will quickly go beyond repair.

I got my bag in December and only after two uses I noticed wear at the corners. It wasn’t even the corners at the back, from rubbing agains the body, but at front where literally nothing was touching them.

The corners deteriorated a little more and also some mysterious damage to the top of the back pocket appeared and in May, whilst walking past boutique I decided to come in and speak to someone.

I explained to SA that I noticed the first damage after couple of uses and have been using the bag about once a week since I got it and the leather seems to be disappointing quality.

The SA (and another colleague) agreed that the bag has obviously been very well cared for as there is zero scratches, dents or any proof it has been used or stored incorrectly, but kept saying it’s just how fragile lambskin is.

I was offered to leave the bag for assessment (although SA said it’s very unlikely it will be found faulty) and/or repair. I did and few weeks later I got it back with the leather touched up to satisfactory level.

However as the sun came out I decided to take another look at the bag properly and noticed similar leather damage to inside (which I don’t really care about) and unfortunately to quite a bit of the strap, which worries me a bit more.

Please take a look at the picture and let me know if you had similar experience and if I had to worry about the damage progressing or strap snapping?

I also noticed scratches on the middle of the lock which is also disappointing considering the bag is about 6 months old and used about once a week.
I only see one picture, but I do agree lambskin is delicate. perhaps you could try cadilac leather conditioner to help even out the scuff?

Hello all, nice to e-meet you. I am so desperate to clean my wet caviar Chanel boy. May I know where I can buy Cadillac in EU? Or any alternatives for it that available in EU? Thank you in advance
what do you mean by wet caviar, is it wet because of the rain? I don't think it needs conditioner if it's just rained on briefly.

HI LADIES! I’m in need of desperate help :sad:!!
I bought this lady back in 2016 on New Bond Street London and I’ve only worn her a handful of times. Just recently I noticed there’s a glue leak or a yellow stain near the clasp flap, I don’t even know what it is ..but 100% it is not food or oil (I baby it like crazy when I take her out)

Has anyone experienced this as well?Can somebody PLEASE tell me what this stain is?? Or how to safely remove it? Can’t take it to any a Chanel boutiques as they’re all closed.

thank you for any help or tips

View attachment 4931131View attachment 4931132
Hi! I have a similar problem. Did you ever find out how to remove the glue stain?

Hello all, nice to e-meet you. I am so desperate to clean my wet caviar Chanel boy. May I know where I can buy Cadillac in EU? Or any alternatives for it that available in EU? Thank you in advance
I have also tried Collonil 1909 Leather Lotion and it worked well on my caviar leather WOCs. Collonil is made in Germany.