New Cartier collection ecrou

Does the Ecrou scratch easily?

For those who have had their Ecrou for awhile now, does it show wear like the Love?
I wouldn’t advise wearing it 24/7 because the motifs will show wear. The motifs, which have most of the bracelet’s shine, will show scratches. It’s not as bad as a Love though. JUC is much better for hiding wear.

I wouldn’t advise wearing it 24/7 because the motifs will show wear. The motifs, which have most of the bracelet’s shine, will show scratches. It’s not as bad as a Love though. JUC is much better for hiding wear.

Ohh thank you. I’m looking to wear it 24/7. I need low mat jewelry that I don’t have to take on and off every day.
I’ve had a classic love on my non dominant hand for the past year and it has normal signs of wear but still looks good. I don’t baby my jewelry but need something that fits my lifestyle.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
Ohh thank you. I’m looking to wear it 24/7. I need low mat jewelry that I don’t have to take on and off every day.
I’ve had a classic love on my non dominant hand for the past year and it has normal signs of wear but still looks good. I don’t baby my jewelry but need something that fits my lifestyle.
I think you should be fine wearing it daily. I wear mine daily and also don't baby my jewlery. Everything still looks good. I personally have not noticed any scratches on the ecrou. My concern is the love since I have it stacked. I can hear it bang every now and then which bothers me but is expected. Either way, I think it's a good piece to own.

I went to see the Ecrou in person yesterday. They only had a size 17, but I would’ve preferred to try on both the 17 and the 18 side-by-side to compare for sizing purposes.

Here’s my question. I wear a size 18 classic love. I have a loose bangle style fit out of personal preference. Otherwise, I would’ve been a size 17 as per the “classic” fit. I love the 18 and have zero sizing regrets. Yesterday, the SA told me that with a size 18 love I would absolutely need a size 17 Ecrou, otherwise they would fall all over each other and the Ecrou would scratch the love bracelet. Is this true? I thought I would need the same size to stack them properly. What are your thoughts on this?

I haven’t had the opportunity to try on the 18 yet so it’s hard to say. The 17 felt OK, but I feel like I would’ve needed to also try on the 18 to be sure of my sizing, especially because I hate tight fitting things and I live in a very humid hot climate.

Reactions: 19vldj
I went to see the Ecrou in person yesterday. They only had a size 17, but I would’ve preferred to try on both the 17 and the 18 side-by-side to compare for sizing purposes.

Here’s my question. I wear a size 18 classic love. I have a loose bangle style fit out of personal preference. Otherwise, I would’ve been a size 17 as per the “classic” fit. I love the 18 and have zero sizing regrets. Yesterday, the SA told me that with a size 18 love I would absolutely need a size 17 Ecrou, otherwise they would fall all over each other and the Ecrou would scratch the love bracelet. Is this true? I thought I would need the same size to stack them properly. What are your thoughts on this?

I haven’t had the opportunity to try on the 18 yet so it’s hard to say. The 17 felt OK, but I feel like I would’ve needed to also try on the 18 to be sure of my sizing, especially because I hate tight fitting things and I live in a very humid hot climate.
My Love and Ecrou (both 17) never cross though the Ecrou looks slightly bigger in comparison. Some people like to size down from their Love though. I think you need to try on the size 18 to make an informed decision. Good luck!

Reactions: JazzieLopez

I would personally stick with my love sizing. I did that for myself and I dont have any issues with the ecrou overlapping.

Reactions: mocktail
I wear my Ecrou 24/7 and the signs of wear are super hard to see. You'll only see scratches on the nuts, not on the bolt. And as the nuts are small and constantly moving/shifting position, I really need to squint to see the scratches under just the right light.

I'd put the Ecrou right up with the JUC in terms of durability. Fantastic piece to own.
Ecrou is highly underrated, and one of my favorite Cartier pieces. One of the reasons it’s so beautiful is how the light reflects off the motifs. Sadly for me, the gold didn’t sparkle the same way over time, even with minor scratches on the motifs. My JUC however, still looks new-ish. I am happy though that yours has retained its beauty even with 24/7 wear. It just wasn’t the case for me.

Ecrou is highly underrated, and one of my favorite Cartier pieces. One of the reasons it’s so beautiful is how the light reflects off the motifs. Sadly for me, the gold didn’t sparkle the same way over time, even with minor scratches on the motifs. My JUC however, still looks new-ish. I am happy though that yours has retained its beauty even with 24/7 wear. It just wasn’t the case for me.

So sorry this happened! Do you mind sharing a photo? I’m curious why we have such different experiences with the Ecrou. Maybe my eyesight is just really really bad :lol:

So sorry this happened! Do you mind sharing a photo? I’m curious why we have such different experiences with the Ecrou. Maybe my eyesight is just really really bad :lol:
Attached a pic. Ecrou doesn’t show wear nearly as much as a Love bracelet, but sadly the flat surfaces on the motifs are prone to scratches. Nothing egregious though.

Attachments

• 8881F4F9-B3C6-43D9-8281-1A0A53241F94.jpeg
    8881F4F9-B3C6-43D9-8281-1A0A53241F94.jpeg
    841.1 KB · Views: 188

I would go with the 17 if your love 18 is loose. I have the 18 in the love and ecrou and the ecrou does fit larger than the love. Depending on how I have the screws placed, the ecrou does go over the love. I wish I would have gotten the ecrou in a size 18 but I got a fabulous deal on it on Fashionphile. I can attach pics if you want. :smile:

Reactions: lvjunkyxo

I saw some videos about it and the answer is “yes” you should get one size down from your love if you want to they stacked property. The Ecrou is similar to the JUC in size, and normally you hugest a JUC one size down from the love.

Reactions: 19vldj