Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

:lol: Thanks SM!
One day I'll learn to buy what I like in only red. Every time I try a different color and I love the style of the item, I always want it in red. (So much for me carrying pink or yellow this summer, huh? :roflmfao: )
I know exactly what you mean!
I bought another pink bag because I am going to send one pink bag to fashionphile!:lol::lol::lol:
But this preloved bag has a few scratches I cannot accept, so I will be returning it. In its place, I already ordered a yellow bag!!!:lol:
I was really trying to decide between this yellow and red though. It was 50-50, but my 2 DDs pushed me to the yellow.
If I'm not in love with this particular yellow though, I'll exchange it with the red.
Then you'll be happy too!:graucho:;)

• Haha
Reactions: RuedeNesle
I know exactly what you mean!
I bought another pink bag because I am going to send one pink bag to fashionphile!:lol::lol::lol:
But this preloved bag has a few scratches I cannot accept, so I will be returning it. In its place, I already ordered a yellow bag!!!:lol:
I was really trying to decide between this yellow and red though. It was 50-50, but my 2 DDs pushed me to the yellow.
If I'm not in love with this particular yellow though, I'll exchange it with the red.
Then you'll be happy too!:graucho:;)
You know, I really liked your DDs up until now. :roflmfao: I hope you're happy with your bag color. There's nothing like the anticipation of a new bag and nothing worse than not being completely happy when it arrives. (Not for nothing, but red never disappoints. ;) :lol: )

• Haha
Reactions: Sunshine mama
RN: glad you finally got your red wallet. It belongs in your collection.
And since you already have the white one, you know the style works for you.
I like the red leather with the red interior. While contrast of colors is sharp looking,
I think the all red is a sophisticated look. And since many Dooney interiors are red,
it's very harmonious.
Do you coordinate your handbag accessories (SLGs) with each other or the handbag color?
Enjoy your new wallet.

• Thanks
Sunshine M: yellow is such a popular color this spring and we are seeing it all over in fashion.
After a while, we get worn down and think we have to have it. I have a collection of yellow
handbags, in all different shades. I generally prefer cool jewel tone colors, but there is something about a pretty yellow handbag that just makes me happy. (See, the fashion world has gotten
to me once again. :smile: )

As for the different shades of yellow,
the best way to appreciate them is not to compare them, but to enjoy each yellow
paired with your wardrobe options. Even mustard can look amazing with dark brown,
navy, white/cream or black clothing. High contrast is the key factor for me.

And of course, color is very personal. Hope you find the color you love.

RN: glad you finally got your red wallet. It belongs in your collection.
And since you already have the white one, you know the style works for you.
I like the red leather with the red interior. While contrast of colors is sharp looking,
I think the all red is a sophisticated look. And since many Dooney interiors are red,
it's very harmonious.
Do you coordinate your handbag accessories (SLGs) with each other or the handbag color?
Enjoy your new wallet.
Hi LJ! :hugs:
Thanks! You don't know how many times I almost bought it but told myself to try to continue enjoying it in white. What sealed the deal for me was when I was preparing for my trip (that I sadly had to cancel). I put my passport in my white wallet and it, and my Vax card easily fit, and I was still able to access my cards and cash. Right then I decided if this was also going to work as my carry-on wallet it MUST be red! :lol:
I'm currently carrying the wallet with my red Riley. But if I wasn't carrying Riley it would be another red bag.
It's a perfect match to my Dooney Dillen pocket satchel and my Olivia satchel.
20220324_001538.jpg

Last edited:
I am finally getting around to sharing some new to me Dooney’s I have acquired over the last several months.

Purchased from Clothes Mentor.. Large pebbled dome satchel in brown T’moro I believe
IMG_5084.jpeg

Also purchased from Clothes Mentor is the Florentine Allison crossbody in Pale Blue

IMG_5091.jpeg

Next is this super cute nylon crossbody Pouchette in Aqua. Love how light and easy this bag is

IMG_5085.jpeg

Zip Zip satchel in Steel Blue along with Florentine kisslock in Steel Blue

IMG_5082.jpeg

And then probably my most exciting mini haul. In April I attended a work conference in Orlando, FL. I live in the Midwest, and unfortunately have zero Dooney outlets near by. When I traveled to Florida I took the opportunity to visit the Orlando Premium outlets.. which had a Dooney store. It was a very bittersweet moment. I was so excited looking at all the beautiful items, but I didn’t have much room in my carryon to bring too much back home with me (since that is all I brought with me). I did ask the sales clerk if they could ship items, but they made it sound very complicated, so I decided I would just get what I knew I could fit in my luggage. I spent a lot of time in the store. I ended up with these three pieces.. and have used them so much since April. They are really beautiful and functional for my everyday life.

Saffiano Shopper tote in Dark Grey, Florentine continental wallet in teal, and pebbled coin pouch in Caribbean Blue.

70381499210__72171F57-EE6C-4836-8E1D-48E5EFA37F1F.jpeg

I have one more reveal coming (hopefully monday) that I will post.. then I think I should be good for a while lol.

Thanks for letting me share! :love:

I am finally getting around to sharing some new to me Dooney’s I have acquired over the last several months.

Purchased from Clothes Mentor.. Large pebbled dome satchel in brown T’moro I believe
View attachment 5836094

Also purchased from Clothes Mentor is the Florentine Allison crossbody in Pale Blue

View attachment 5836095

Next is this super cute nylon crossbody Pouchette in Aqua. Love how light and easy this bag is

View attachment 5836097

View attachment 5836100

And then probably my most exciting mini haul. In April I attended a work conference in Orlando, FL. I live in the Midwest, and unfortunately have zero Dooney outlets near by. When I traveled to Florida I took the opportunity to visit the Orlando Premium outlets.. which had a Dooney store. It was a very bittersweet moment. I was so excited looking at all the beautiful items, but I didn’t have much room in my carryon to bring too much back home with me (since that is all I brought with me). I did ask the sales clerk if they could ship items, but they made it sound very complicated, so I decided I would just get what I knew I could fit in my luggage. I spent a lot of time in the store. I ended up with these three pieces.. and have used them so much since April. They are really beautiful and functional for my everyday life.

Saffiano Shopper tote in Dark Grey, Florentine continental wallet in teal, and pebbled coin pouch in Caribbean Blue.

View attachment 5836101

I have one more reveal coming (hopefully monday) that I will post.. then I think I should be good for a while lol.

I love your haul! You were so lucky to find such great Dooney bags at Clothes Mentor. The last time I was there (and it's been a while) I only saw a few Coach bags.
I'm sorry the outlet made shipping seem complicated. I know several people who have had items shipped to them, if they visited the store or just called. I'm happy you're enjoying the pieces you purchased!

I love your haul! You were so lucky to find such great Dooney bags at Clothes Mentor. The last time I was there (and it's been a while) I only saw a few Coach bags.
I'm sorry the outlet made shipping seem complicated. I know several people who have had items shipped to them, if they visited the store or just called. I'm happy you're enjoying the pieces you purchased!

Thanks RuedeNesle!!

I happen to have two different Clothes Mentors by me, and they often have Dooney bags. I’ve also bought from Clothes Mentor online too which is a great place you can get bags for cheap!

I will admit if I really wanted too I could have had them ship to me. The “issue” was I went on a Friday, and the gentleman told me I would have to wait and call them back on Monday for them to process the order. I was fearful they might put something away in the back and then accidentally sell it, or not send me the one I wanted (like if it was a specific Florentine bag. You know how they all are different). It was a long day and that outlet is HUGE to navigate through. I was pretty drained so I just decided I would only buy what I knew I could bring back with me and save myself the mental hassle lol.

• Love
Thanks RuedeNesle!!

I happen to have two different Clothes Mentors by me, and they often have Dooney bags. I’ve also bought from Clothes Mentor online too which is a great place you can get bags for cheap!

I will admit if I really wanted too I could have had them ship to me. The “issue” was I went on a Friday, and the gentleman told me I would have to wait and call them back on Monday for them to process the order. I was fearful they might put something away in the back and then accidentally sell it, or not send me the one I wanted (like if it was a specific Florentine bag. You know how they all are different). It was a long day and that outlet is HUGE to navigate through. I was pretty drained so I just decided I would only buy what I knew I could bring back with me and save myself the mental hassle lol.
Thanks for the info about shopping Clothes Mentor online. I didn't know about that.

I completely understand why you decided not to deal with the shipping, especially with Florentine leather. I would have been concerned about the bag switch too. Then you spend days waiting for your package and hoping it's the bag you wanted.

Thanks for the info about shopping Clothes Mentor online. I didn't know about that.

I completely understand why you decided not to deal with the shipping, especially with Florentine leather. I would have been concerned about the bag switch too. Then you spend days waiting for your package and hoping it's the bag you wanted.
Exactly! It all worked out for the best because I love that saffiano tote so much!! It was divine intervention that I got it to fit in my carryon with everything else haha.

• Love

View attachment 5836094

View attachment 5836095

View attachment 5836097

View attachment 5836100

View attachment 5836101

You've done a great job collecting a diverse Dooney collection. All the items and colors are lovely
and you have options for so many different needs.

Outlet shipping and shopping can vary depending
upon which outlet and how busy they are at the time. Some outlets are super helpful and really appreciate adding a remote customer to their list of buyers. Other outlets don't seem to want to
go to the effort to accommodate remote sales and shipping. But if you find an outlet that values
phone orders, it can be great to have them as a source for your handbags. The only thing to know
is that bags may or may not be returnable (at your cost to ship back or bring into the store) and then only for store credit in some cases. So, while it's helpful to have a sales associate look over items you order by phone, the bottom line is once you get them.... they are probably yours to keep.
And Dooney changes the 'rules' regarding outlet shipping and returns from time to time.

T
You've done a great job collecting a diverse Dooney collection. All the items and colors are lovely
and you have options for so many different needs.

Outlet shipping and shopping can vary depending
upon which outlet and how busy they are at the time. Some outlets are super helpful and really appreciate adding a remote customer to their list of buyers. Other outlets don't seem to want to
go to the effort to accommodate remote sales and shipping. But if you find an outlet that values
phone orders, it can be great to have them as a source for your handbags. The only thing to know
is that bags may or may not be returnable (at your cost to ship back or bring into the store) and then only for store credit in some cases. So, while it's helpful to have a sales associate look over items you order by phone, the bottom line is once you get them.... they are probably yours to keep.
And Dooney changes the 'rules' regarding outlet shipping and returns from time to time.
Thank you LavenderJunkie!

It’s been fun finding and collecting them. I really do have a bag for every occasion now!

I’ve heard before that the outlets can ship, so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I’m sure it would have worked out fine, but I know myself and I would have been extremely anxious until I received it, and then if it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting I would have been really bummed.

I’m trying to talk my husband into a road trip next year and the place we would visit we could potentially stop at another outlet. I’ll get a second a chance to maybe get some bigger pieces :happydance: