Book Tote

The white and gold is really gorgeous. Sharing a photo of it without filter here because there aren’t a lot of pictures of the gold online. Picture doesn’t do justice to the beauty of the gold embroidery!

View attachment 5276248
Hi there congrats on this bag! Its lovely.

I wanted to ask if this is actually gold metallic shiny thread?

the pic on the site doesnt show it to be metalic..loo

Under yellow light does it really shine?

thanks in advance!

Hi there congrats on this bag! Its lovely.

I wanted to ask if this is actually gold metallic shiny thread?

the pic on the site doesnt show it to be metalic..loo

Under yellow light does it really shine?

thanks in advance!

Yes, it’s shiny gold thread and it shines under any light, not just yellow light. took a closeup photo of the bigger tote in TDJ embroidery!

Attachments

• C84CEB58-3FB3-4E53-A475-4459197E55D8.jpeg
    C84CEB58-3FB3-4E53-A475-4459197E55D8.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 68
Yes, it’s shiny gold thread and it shines under any light, not just yellow light. took a closeup photo of the bigger tote in TDJ embroidery!

Thanks so much
This helps

its a gold gold or like a champagne gold?
Its difficult to capture the colour it seems so many diff version online due to the lighting…

came across this picture too

Attachments

• 630054C7-E4EF-45C5-8E4F-94AB0D432F70.jpeg
    630054C7-E4EF-45C5-8E4F-94AB0D432F70.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 59
Thanks so much
This helps

its a gold gold or like a champagne gold?
Its difficult to capture the colour it seems so many diff version online due to the lighting…

came across this picture too

averagejoe is right. it’s just that the thread is metallic and shiny so you’ll see a lot of photos of diff colour variation depending on the lighting when the photo was taken and how the bag is positioned. the CHRISTIAN DIOR especially will look much darker sometimes because the threads are more densely sewn together for the words. i think you should head to the boutique to look at the gold collection (if still in store) in other products like shoes, slides, hat, other bag types if available to get a better idea of the colour irl!

Out of my small book tote. Thought it might be heavy with my umbrella, makeup pouch, wallet etc but it is surprisingly still quite lightweight. Don't mind my ugly and anyhow tied twillies as I am trying out to see if they are needed. I don't think I like the look of the twillies but not sure if it is because they don't match the bag or it lost the look of being carefree / casual. On another hand, I am afraid the thread on the handles will fray...

20220221_084003.jpg

20220221_130212.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my organiser that came today - I decided to go with one on Etsy and it’s perfect! I got a lighter color so I could see my things better, couldn’t be happier. It’s felt, not too thick but not too thin, and I’m loving the zipper pocket.
The Etsy store was divitize and shipping from Italy to Australia took just under two weeks.

Attachments

• E3CF5A41-C68F-4790-8128-C18AA0FEC551.jpeg
    E3CF5A41-C68F-4790-8128-C18AA0FEC551.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 68
  • EE9915D1-5C43-410D-A0F2-8327E5B3BD08.jpeg
    EE9915D1-5C43-410D-A0F2-8327E5B3BD08.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 68
I've been a long time admirer of the Dior book tote, but could never bring myself to buy it because I'm worried about practicality. It's too large to use for going to the mall/brunch/etc. and I don't think I would travel with it because I can't imagine it going through TSA (also I fly economy, and can't imagine putting it in the floor of an airplane below the seat).

For those of you who own one, what kind of purpose does it serve in your collection?

I've been a long time admirer of the Dior book tote, but could never bring myself to buy it because I'm worried about practicality. It's too large to use for going to the mall/brunch/etc. and I don't think I would travel with it because I can't imagine it going through TSA (also I fly economy, and can't imagine putting it in the floor of an airplane below the seat).

For those of you who own one, what kind of purpose does it serve in your collection?
You could get a smaller version? You’re right, it’s too large to go to the mall with, but for brunch/a restaurant I think it’s fine (I’m used to big bags though!). I use mine to go to work. It fits my laptop and other work-trip items comfortably and because I have a short walk into work, it’s easy to carry. I could also see me using it on a day trip somewhere as well.

I'm in the same situation as you. I admire the book tote, but haven't been able to bring myself to buy it as I prefer shoulder strap and crossbody bags. I've put a Birkin 35 under the seat, but I put it in an enviorsax and I'd do the same for a book tote. However, I would consider the small book tote and the Lady D-lite (because it has a shoulder strap.) I'd definitely use it out for brunch, afternoon tea and wine tasting. Those are my only outings these days. I wouldn't go shopping with it because I'd feel safer with a crossbody and need to be handsfree.