Your current foundations(s)?

Right now I have NARS all day luminous, NARS sheer glow, NARS TM in three different shades, and GA luminous silk. I bought the NARS ADL in 2015 when it was first released so I’m trying to use that up first.

Make sure you save the pump/bottle if it has a pump. I just opened a new type of NARS foundation and it does not have the pump. Unfortunately I threw away the other bottle of a different type NARS before seeing the new one is pumpless. Don't laugh, they want $8 for a pump.

Make sure you save the pump/bottle if it has a pump. I just opened a new type of NARS foundation and it does not have the pump. Unfortunately I threw away the other bottle of a different type NARS before seeing the new one is pumpless. Don't laugh, they want $8 for a pump.
don't know if you're interested but I got a small pump bottle from Miss A for around a dollar
Unfortunately the product I wanted to use it for is too thick but anyway....

Thanks, I saved a NARS foundation pump but it didn’t fit the current SG bottle! I had to buy a new one but it was on sale at least.

Reactions: noshoepolish
I just pulled out a foundation I hadn't used for a while - Wet N Wild Photo Focus stick. A YouTube makeup "artist" (a legit looking one, not one of the very amateurish women) said she had used Tom Ford Traceless, and this was pretty much a dupe for it. Tom Ford cost around $89, Wet N Wild approx $6.
I find it to be pretty skin-like on me.

sdkitty, am def trying a few shades. Love Tom Ford but so EXPENSIVE!

Plus, I am not wearing much make-up any more :smile:

I just pulled out a foundation I hadn't used for a while - Wet N Wild Photo Focus stick. A YouTube makeup "artist" (a legit looking one, not one of the very amateurish women) said she had used Tom Ford Traceless, and this was pretty much a dupe for it. Tom Ford cost around $89, Wet N Wild approx $6.
I find it to be pretty skin-like on me.

Reactions: sdkitty
The last several days I've been wearing Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder. Forgot how much I liked it!

I just purchased the Hermes Plein Air Complexion Balm. Anxious to try that next.

Reactions: sdkitty
sdkitty, am def trying a few shades. Love Tom Ford but so EXPENSIVE!

Plus, I am not wearing much make-up any more :smile:
I'd like to hear how you like it
Huge price difference
It's so natural looking on me that it looks like I'm wearing no makeup. Surprising in a way as one of the reviews I read the person said she thought stick makeup was heavy. Maybe I'm applying less product. or maybe I got the right shade, which is a challenge with DS cosmetics.

I'd like to hear how you like it
Huge price difference
It's so natural looking on me that it looks like I'm wearing no makeup. Surprising in a way as one of the reviews I read the person said she thought stick makeup was heavy. Maybe I'm applying less product. or maybe I got the right shade, which is a challenge with DS cosmetics.
Are you moisturizing and priming too?
And how do you apply?
Fingers, brush or sponge?

Are you moisturizing and priming too?
And how do you apply?
Fingers, brush or sponge?
I use the stick directly on my face, then blend with a brush. sometimes use sponge after that a bit. I always moisturize and lately I've been using a primer after moisturizing.

this morning I swatched it along my jaw and neck and it looked a bit dark but it blends. It's so hard to find an exact match, esp since the neck is lighter than the face.

I've been using shell ivory and don't know if rose ivory would be better.

I use the stick directly on my face, then blend with a brush. sometimes use sponge after that a bit. I always moisturize and lately I've been using a primer after moisturizing.

this morning I swatched it along my jaw and neck and it looked a bit dark but it blends. It's so hard to find an exact match, esp since the neck is lighter than the face.

I've been using shell ivory and don't know if rose ivory would be better.
The beauty of the stick is its convenience.(traveling without a mess for example)
WW has good basics (pencils)imho but one needs more from a foundation.
Plus with all the adds on, it is hardly a bargain.
in short, no to stick:biggrin:

The beauty of the stick is its convenience.(traveling without a mess for example)
WW has good basics (pencils)imho but one needs more from a foundation.
Plus with all the adds on, it is hardly a bargain.
in short, no to stick:biggrin:
of course I respect your choice. I just haven't really been all that impressed with the expensive foundations (Armani).
what add-ons are you talking about?

of course I respect your choice. I just haven't really been all that impressed with the expensive foundations (Armani).
what add-ons are you talking about?
Your time as it takes more effort on your part.
Money as you need more products.( moisturizer and primer)
For instance Wet and wild foundation is 8 dollars
Primer is another 10
Moisturizer 12
It comes up to 40 ( and I am being conservative)
I am not even counting the instruments buying and cleaning.( brushes and sponges)
Not the best bang for your buck, imho.
I don’t advocate for expensive but smarter products and better use of your time.
Sorry if it does not make to much sense, I am spring cleaning and a bit high on fume.

Your time as it takes more effort on your part.
Money as you need more products.( moisturizer and primer)
For instance Wet and wild foundation is 8 dollars
Primer is another 10
Moisturizer 12
It comes up to 40 ( and I am being conservative)
I am not even counting the instruments buying and cleaning.( brushes and sponges)
Not the best bang for your buck, imho.
I don’t advocate for expensive but smarter products and better use of your time.
Sorry if it does not make to much sense, I am spring cleaning and a bit high on fume.
I always use moisturizer....can't imagine using a more expensive foundation would mean no moisturizer. Mine is SPF 30 and I need that as I've had skin cancer.
Primer - I don't always use and mine is inexpensive.
Brushes and sponges I would always use. My foundation brush is from Armani and I've had it for over 20 years :smile:

Whatever works for you. are you saying you don't use moisturizer and you use fingers to apply foundation?

I am saying that I would have a hard time repping that line.
Look at the colors and the ingredients.
Nope, no can do. I would have to steer you elsewhere:biggrin: