Dooney is ending the Loyalist Program

Yes I saw this. I’m not happy about it along with the higher prices. Might be time for me to look at only buying in secondary market for Dooney. Very displeased with this action.

PF: it was a nice perk while it lasted. I ignored it at first, but then I realized how many bags
I was buying on ILD/D.com, and signed up. Getting extra savings made it easier to 'justify'
buying another handbag that I didn't need, or adding an SLG to an order.
(BTW... the only person I need to 'jusiify' my
purchases to is myself.... and I'm very easy to convince a new bag is worth buying when it's
on sale).
Maybe this move by Dooney will help me slow down the handbag purchases.

Yes I saw this. I’m not happy about it along with the higher prices. Might be time for me to look at only buying in secondary market for Dooney. Very displeased with this action.

I'm with you. I purchase mainly Alto bags and they have gotten pricey. I think unless something special comes along, I may just use what I have in my collection and carry what I have in my closet.

I may have misunderstood the rewards program, but when I tried to use it, the sale price was better and I didn't use my rewards points.

Of all things, I am looking for the Alto bag in saddle, a small cross-body they had a couple of years back. I keep hoping someone has a NWT's they don't want. I have two, love the bag and wanted a third color.

I'm with you. I purchase mainly Alto bags and they have gotten pricey. I think unless something special comes along, I may just use what I have in my collection and carry what I have in my closet.

I may have misunderstood the rewards program, but when I tried to use it, the sale price was better and I didn't use my rewards points.

Of all things, I am looking for the Alto bag in saddle, a small cross-body they had a couple of years back. I keep hoping someone has a NWT's they don't want. I have two, love the bag and wanted a third color.

Reactions: Lunalark
I hope you find it! Yes I think I am done with Dooney sites. These past 2 years have been a roller coaster of price hikes and then somewhat sales etc. Now taking away loyalty points, kind of the last straw for me. Luckily I have purchased all the Florentine purses I may ever need and there is Poshmark, Mercaci, Offer up, Tradesy and eBay sellers etc. It’s a shame but inflation is biting everyone so I understand.

As consumers, we never really know what is going on behind the scenes at any company
whose products/services we buy. We can guess, but that's all it is. We 'assume'
they are making sound business decisions.... but that's not always the case, for lots of reasons.
Prices on most brands of better/luxury handbags have gone up and up over the past few years.
And I've always questioned how much of the price is rationalized by the 'brand name' and how
much by the quality. Relatively speaking, Dooney bags seemed like good value, compared
to other brands... in terms of price and quality. Add on the sales and other discounts
(like the Loyalty program) and collecting more than I needed became easy to explain.

I've always asked myself why I needed so many handbags, when the quality was so good
and each one would last for years and years.

Maybe higher prices will slow/stop the insane collecting.
Until the next sale.....

And don't forget to check ILD on ebay... sometimes they have a great price
on an Alto or Flo handbag.... usually during the same time as a holiday sale on the regular ILD site.
It's not often, but worth comparing prices.

I’m not happy either! I have over a 1,000 points that will go to waste. :tdown:
Ouch. Now you must decide to use the points quickly and buy some handbags
or let them disappear. I'd have lots of conflicting emotions.... not wanting to waste
the points (discounts) and frustration/anger that the program is ending.
Remember.... you didn't pay for those points, and you shouldn't buy more handbags
unless you want them and the price is good enough for you. That's the only thing
that really matters.

If you decide to buy things, remember you can only use 500 points ($30) per order
and also the order needs to be above $119 for free shipping. I added an SLG that I wanted
to my last handbag order and with points, the SLG was almost free. At least that's my
'reason' that I needed to buy another SLG.

I ordered a PB CB and matching wallet with the most recent sale and to use up my remaining points. It does make it hard to buy from them. Their business model keeps changing along with their prices. The loyalty program was great. Not sure why it was taken away and so promptly too. Wish we had 6 months to spend our points.

I usually bought a couple of times a year (birthday and holiday) and lately these were among my favorite bag purchases.
I think a couple of years back the amount necessary for free shipping was MUCH lower, and even now it has gone up in the last few months. I actually paid for shipping for my last purchase, but I was able to use my loyalist points on a sale item, so it was better than trying to find something else to buy in order to get free shipping. I think the sale prices lately on ILD have been really good, so maybe I will look to use my points before they expire, but if not, they are not worth so much. The actual reward was approximately $6 per hundred spent (so more if the bag was more expensive). Which is not a fabulous discount. The 65% off sales can be great.

I keep track of things I would like and check the ILD sales. In this way I have gotten quite a few of my wish list bags at really good prices.

I usually bought a couple of times a year (birthday and holiday) and lately these were among my favorite bag purchases.
I think a couple of years back the amount necessary for free shipping was MUCH lower, and even now it has gone up in the last few months. I actually paid for shipping for my last purchase, but I was able to use my loyalist points on a sale item, so it was better than trying to find something else to buy in order to get free shipping. I think the sale prices lately on ILD have been really good, so maybe I will look to use my points before they expire, but if not, they are not worth so much. The actual reward was approximately $6 per hundred spent (so more if the bag was more expensive). Which is not a fabulous discount. The 65% off sales can be great.

I keep track of things I would like and check the ILD sales. In this way I have gotten quite a few of my wish list bags at really good prices.
Following the bags you like and waiting for great sales is the smart way to buy a new handbag.
But with the price increases, we need bigger and bigger sales to get the actual purchase
price down to where it would have been on sale before the price increase. I try to remember the
best price I saw before, so that the new math doesn't make the deal sound better than it is.
I should keep a list.

They should at least give extra time to use accumulated points. That would be fair to the loyalist buyers. I wonder how much trouble sales are in that they need to cut the program asap. Everything is up cost wise, materials, shipping etc I can't tell with a lot going to backorder after you order it. Is supply limited that they are over selling?

I probably have way more than I need but I always seem to find something else to want to add. Just wait for the sales, compare all sites and slow down with my wants vs needs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. For now lol Thank you Dooney for making it easier!