Dior Online horror experience - Need help!!

Confirm with your credit card as to whether there is a period of time beyond which you cannot make a claim. You don’t want to wait for the strap to materialize and then be out an avenue of recourse because you trusted them.

TBH, I don’t understand why this would take any time at all for them to figure out. You go to one of the existing bags, take the strap, same day courier it to the client and decommission the bag. The fact that he has to “get back to you” is questionable.
I wondered about that too. I did message the credit card to say that they are planning to send the strap but have not heard back from the card company. I will check again. Thanks!
Their customer service seems seriously spotty - the the prices they charge, they really should do more than the minimum that any retail store would.
I can understand scammy customers that may try to cheat or something but for a thin micro bag strap? That was what blew my mind.

Just read your whole horror story. Disgraceful! Don’t wait too long for that strap to come though. Many years ago my daughter bought a Dior belt that had a dangly Dior logo or something hanging from it. Well long story short, belt was poorly made so the dangle could just slip off. It did and was lost 2 weeks after she bought it. Brought it back to Dior boutique and they said they’d send in for repair. We kept checking every few weeks about the repair and after 3 months they returned the belt saying they couldn’t fix it because they didn’t have the parts! We were soured on Dior for eons after that.
They should have replaced the belt or offered a credit for another belt.
I remember LV had some quality issues a while ago. They investigated and it was their production issue and they recalled the bags and offered merchandise credit. Same parent company and two very different approaches. But I believe it took many many complaints to get LV to that point.
Dior online is fast racking up a bad track record as seen from their reviews…

I’ve had amazing customer service from LV. They actually got in touch with me to say a bag was recalled and to bring mine in for a credit at the current price (which was significantly more than when I had purchased it!). Super impressed with them.
I’ve read about that too - several of my friends were contacted about their LV bag being recalled and they managed to get another better bag from the credit. Very commendable!
Another update - the CS manager emailed me again today and said that the warehouse would be shipping out the strap tomorrow along with a small appreciation gift.
I am relieved and glad that this will finally be resolved. Although at the back if my mind I am thinking why not just have gone this route right at the start instead of insisting the strap was packed in.
The current manager has been amazing and kept me posted all steps of the way. He should be training all the others I encountered earlier!! LOLOL!

I’ve read about that too - several of my friends were contacted about their LV bag being recalled and they managed to get another better bag from the credit. Very commendable!
Another update - the CS manager emailed me again today and said that the warehouse would be shipping out the strap tomorrow along with a small appreciation gift.
I am relieved and glad that this will finally be resolved. Although at the back if my mind I am thinking why not just have gone this route right at the start instead of insisting the strap was packed in.
The current manager has been amazing and kept me posted all steps of the way. He should be training all the others I encountered earlier!! LOLOL!
That is wonderful news! While I completely agree that this should have been resolved from the get go, I’m glad that Dior finally woke up, and did the right thing. Please post pictures when your Lady is reunited with a strap!

That is wonderful news! While I completely agree that this should have been resolved from the get go, I’m glad that Dior finally woke up, and did the right thing. Please post pictures when your Lady is reunited with a strap!
I sure will! I hadn’t even been able to LOOK at the poor bag since I had been so agonized over this matter. It is still sitting in the box, waiting to be reunited with its strap! I’m looking forward to finally being able to use it - just in time for Lunar New Year I hope!

• Love
Reactions: nycgirl79
Wow! what an experience!!! Hope you recieve your strap soon. I'm too currently going through an issue with the Dior online order. After this incident, I don't think I would ever order anything from online that cost a lots $$$.

• Sad
Reactions: kozee
Have you had any follow up from Dior?
Yes! I received the strap - brand new in a padded sleeve and box yesterday (25 Jan) and a thank-you gift of a Dior notebook today (26 Jan) via UPS!
I haven’t had the chance to take photos but I will reunite the bag and strap for a photo along with the notebook soon.
I’m so relieved that this is finally over. I emailed the credit card company yesterday as soon as I received the strap and told them the bag is now complete.
I also emailed the CS manager Eddie to thank him for all his efforts. Hadn’t had the chance to email him about the gift yet.
Thanks to everyone here for their support and encouraging messages! I’ll post a pic as soon as I can! It’s dark now and I can’t get a good shot.

Wow! what an experience!!! Hope you recieve your strap soon. I'm too currently going through an issue with the Dior online order. After this incident, I don't think I would ever order anything from online that cost a lots $$$.
Oh I missed this! What happened with your order? If you need - I can dm you this CS manager’s details. He is very professional and follows up really quickly!

Yes! I received the strap - brand new in a padded sleeve and box yesterday (25 Jan) and a thank-you gift of a Dior notebook today (26 Jan) via UPS!
I haven’t had the chance to take photos but I will reunite the bag and strap for a photo along with the notebook soon.
I’m so relieved that this is finally over. I emailed the credit card company yesterday as soon as I received the strap and told them the bag is now complete.
I also emailed the CS manager Eddie to thank him for all his efforts. Hadn’t had the chance to email him about the gift yet.
Thanks to everyone here for their support and encouraging messages! I’ll post a pic as soon as I can! It’s dark now and I can’t get a good shot.
So happy it was finally resolved! Hooray!

• Love
Oh I missed this! What happened with your order? If you need - I can dm you this CS manager’s details. He is very professional and follows up really quickly!

I'm glad you finally recieved your strap! My issue in the other hand... I posted a long thread about my experience but cut the story short, I odered a bag online and over 2 weeks now still have not recieved the bag and the UPS tracking update is not available. They asked me to provide them a notarized letter and a police report to prove that I didn't recieved the item for their investigation. Yes, if you don't mind sharing the CS manager info, I would be much much appreciated and thank you.

• Sad
I'm glad you finally recieved your strap! My issue in the other hand... I posted a long thread about my experience but cut the story short, I odered a bag online and over 2 weeks now still have not recieved the bag and the UPS tracking update is not available. They asked me to provide them a notarized letter and a police report to prove that I didn't recieved the item for their investigation. Yes, if you don't mind sharing the CS manager info, I would be much much appreciated and thank you.
A notarized letter and a police report? That’s ridiculous! Dior should be investigating from their end. How can you when there’s nothing to investigate?