2022 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Aug - brand showcase: A-F
4 Sept - brand showcase: G-L
11 Sept - brand showcase: M-R
18 Sept - brand showcase: S-Z
25 Sept - totes
2 Oct - satchels
9 Oct - crossbodies inc WOCS
16 Oct - shoulder bags
23 Oct - bucket bags
30 Oct - clutches
6 Nov - backpacks
13 Nov - bags that don’t count
20 Nov - pairing bags with shoes
27 Nov - pairing bags with other accessories
4 Dec - bag storage
11 Dec - SLGs
18 Dec - charms

Challenges:
Sept - bags in different locations
Oct - Halloween: wear orange or black bags
Nov - International Merlot Day: wear wine coloured bags or pair bags with wine.
Dec - use the bag.

Your Dioramas are beautiful! Are they Raf Simons? They are too pretty for Maria Grazia...

Re dressing better: I adore your lacy cat ears!
Today I am wearing good leggings (the type I consider to be pants as they are substantial and don´t show off anything nobody should show off) instead of totally wrecked H&M jogging pants... And I finally bought a new pair of Rebook Classic Leather sneakers as my go-to pair doesn´t look nice anymore. No wonder after 5 years of regular wear for already bought preloved shoes! The new ones are rosy-gold.... I couldn´t find any silver.
Yep. Raf. I have Dior bags that precede his tenure. Nothing from Maria’s era. :blah:
The Dior Lady Art #6 bags are out! Eye candy... but highly expensive.
Running to go see! :nuts:
Glad you like it too. I do think I need to see it in person. I don’t like the regular oak smalll grain leather enough to make this kind of purchase so if it’s not right it would rule it out. But this legacy oak, if it’s like the original and not going to be around long, is definitely worth considering. I have a Lily in original oak and the leather is incredible.

And should I be concerned it’s not very fashionable to buy an IT bag from nearly 20 years ago? Perhaps I should branch out to other makes? Or is it ok to just know what I love?!
I’ve been looking for bags I rehomed and shouldn’t have or that I missed out on. The current tiny, puffy, and logo bag trends aren’t for me and that’s perfectly fine. I’d rather have bags that support my happiness and style. So that was a long winded way of saying - go for it!

—/////—

@Sunshine mama - the $80 bag is this Celestial Clutch I purchased from the Met Museum in NY. 85A6268A-6CAB-4FEE-BEE4-61C6B9587D94.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep. Raf. I have Dior bags that precede his tenure. Nothing from Maria’s era. :blah:
I’ve been looking for bags I rehomed and shouldn’t have or that I missed out on. The current tiny bag? puffy, logo trends aren’t for me and that’s perfectly fine. I’d rather have bags that support my happiness and style. So that was a long winded way of saying - go for it!

—/////—

@Sunshine mama - the $80 bag is this Celestial Clutch I purchased from the Met Museum in NY. View attachment 5297114
I adore this bag!

I’ve been looking for bags I rehomed and shouldn’t have or that I missed out on. The current tiny bag? puffy, logo trends aren’t for me and that’s perfectly fine. I’d rather have bags that support my happiness and style. So that was a long winded way of saying - go for it!

—/////—

@Sunshine mama - the $80 bag is this Celestial Clutch I purchased from the Met Museum in NY. View attachment 5297114
Thanks @Sparkletastic !

Your $80 purchase certainly is a sparkling beauty.

Glad you like it too. I do think I need to see it in person. I don’t like the regular oak smalll grain leather enough to make this kind of purchase so if it’s not right it would rule it out. But this legacy oak, if it’s like the original and not going to be around long, is definitely worth considering. I have a Lily in original oak and the leather is incredible.

And should I be concerned it’s not very fashionable to buy an IT bag from nearly 20 years ago? Perhaps I should branch out to other makes? Or is it ok to just know what I love?!
If you love it that is all that really matters.

:tup:

Do you like any?

I’m not Sparkle but … they missed the mark. Like “Koons for LV” level of missing the mark.

When Dior Lady Art are at their best, they are a fascinating post-post modern reflection on consumer culture, art, and how things are expected act as a shorthand in personal expression and connections - a statement on the Artist as Consumer and the Artist as Object being consumed.

Like Lady Art 5 by Recycle - where the canage twists and melts across the bag. Or in 4, where the artist made a white lucite that shifts and looks like it’s fading static.

Lady Art 6… aren’t. Oh, there are some very pretty bags. And some very ugly bags. But there’s nothing that made me stop and think and pay attention. Gisela Colon’ Egypt bag made me think “Cartier did it first. And they did it better.” And Manal Aldowayan’s photographs are stunning in their natural form. But on a Lady Dior? They manage to look like a purse on the end cap of a 2005 discount shoe store. You know the one? Screen printed palm trees on pleather… which is a statement- don’t get me wrong. But I don’t think it’s the intended message.

Previous Lady Art collections have had their share of misses. But this is the first collection that I didn’t have a single bag that made me think or make me covet

I’ve been looking for bags I rehomed and shouldn’t have or that I missed out on. The current tiny, puffy, and logo bag trends aren’t for me and that’s perfectly fine. I’d rather have bags that support my happiness and style. So that was a long winded way of saying - go for it!

—/////—

brilliant purchase

Today‘s outfit is gray skinny jeans, a pale pink silk blouse, gray herringbone cardi, Ferragamo flats, Just Campagne bag, and a H scarf.
View attachment 5294118
This is how I really use Stylebook - the outfit itself is the jeans, blouse, and cardi - but I don’t add the accessories because I change them all the time. The next time I wear this outfit, I might wear silver shoes, a silver bag, and a gray scarf.
So pretty!
The only way I look okay in sports wear is when about to go running with my beautiful dog. She looks much more athletic! :lol:
View attachment 5294141
OMG, you look great and your dog is beautiful!

Reactions: ElainePG
Hey, dresses with some flash and cute edgier jackets are a great style for you. (I love your #1,3,4, and 10, and I think the skater or fit and flare silhouette works well on you. Available at all price points. and, easily dressed up or down. I personally have fit and flare dresses in my closet ranging from H&M (I wear it backwards) to azzadine Alaia. Also, i think valentino rockstuds are a classic. (I no longer wear the cage flats or the shorter heel, but I do wear the pointed flat mule with studs, last picture).

IMO style is what suits you; makes you happy; that you ar comfortable wearing. I have a similar style and I’m 54. Nowadays, my dresses have a bit more structure than when I was younger. Sometimes I find skirts more versatile (you can create more looks with fewer items), but I stick to mainly neutral colors, so even if I grab black or blue or gray or taupe, chances are, they will all work well. since I had ankle cartilage replacement surgery, I’ve worn sneakers, doc martens and Birkenstocks. while I miss heels ( I used to be able to run in them), the chunkier shoe grounds my style and actually makes it seem younger and more modern. I still have RTW from the 1990s and early 2001 or thereabouts. IMO if you rotate your quality clothing and treat it well, it lasts. :biggrin:

cross post from H in action and todays purchase thread:

I fell in love with a chanel rocker eye lashes t shirt which was never going to happen at 5K USD. So I found a vintage Jim Morrison tshirt (and as I loved the Doors way back when) I even thought it was appropriate and nostalgic. It came, and I loved it so much I got a second one as back up. It’s really well made for a t shirt. Makes me feel great. And an Etsy Necklace too. it can dress down a skirt. Dress down a jacket. Be worn with jeans, a cardigan. Very versatile.

i stopped wearing so much athleisure leggings during Covid bc pants or skirts with a waistband were a better diet aid reminder not to overeat. But. It’s cold outside and sometimes thick leggings are just so easy. Here athleta ca4go leggings. They do have more coverage and actual usable pockets than standard leggings.

last pic rockstud mules on vacation in Canuan, British Grenadines earlier this year

View attachment 5295736View attachment 5295737View attachment 5295738 View attachment 5295746
I am loving all of your chic outfit pics! Your Bulgari Serpent bracelet is stunning. :love:

So pretty!

OMG, you look great and your dog is beautiful!
Thanks @More bags. That was a year ago. The dog is still beautiful. My medication is making me put on weight which I’m finding a struggle. I’d done so well since 2020 to get to that stage losing about 40 pounds but it got to be a bit of an obsession so I’ve realised I need to relax about it too. Generally I’m probably more healthy having put about 14 pounds back on but I’d like to get a few pounds off again or even just stop where I am. I crave chocolate and carbs all the time. It’s a well known side effect of the pills I’m taking and most people put on weight. That and sedation which has an impact on life in general and makes exercise harder. It would be so sad to have put in so much work to get healthy end up back where I started. The diet rebound is so common.

I’m trying to decide whether this is what’s making me want to spend on the new bag. Whether the purchase is justified or filling an emotional hole as my control slips. Last year I bought one bag but I really wasn’t me for most of the year. I’ve already bought one this year and was gifted one. A third is causing me emotional discomfort but I really love the oak Bayswater. I certainly don’t need it but I think I want it.

Why is nothing in life simple? I wonder if anyone else feels guilt at making purchases and questions the purpose? I remember @dcooney4 had guilt at rehoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.