Wavy/Curly Hair

fendigal

baguette collector
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Wavy Swavy Courtney on YouTube and the early videos of Real Life Curly Girl. I stopped flat ironing my hair after 10 years, when my mother said "When did your hair get so dry?". I started the Curly Girl Method, now the hairdresser says, "Look at those locks!". It too me two years to get my waves and curls back.

Wavy Swavy Courtney on YouTube and the early videos of Real Life Curly Girl. I stopped flat ironing my hair after 10 years, when my mother said "When did your hair get so dry?". I started the Curly Girl Method, now the hairdresser says, "Look at those locks!". It too me two years to get my waves and curls back.
I have NC hair too....I've been wearing it curly for years. Never flat ironed so I didn't have the issue you had with getting the curls back. I have my hair cut dry Deva style and do a lot of the Deva stuff. The last few years since I grew my curls longer I get so many compliments. Guess I should have done that all along.

I have NC hair too....I've been wearing it curly for years. Never flat ironed so I didn't have the issue you had with getting the curls back. I have my hair cut dry Deva style and do a lot of the Deva stuff. The last few years since I grew my curls longer I get so many compliments. Guess I should have done that all along.
I know. I didn't get a Deva cut, but I go to a bit of an upscale salon and my stylist has curlier hair than I do, so she knows curls. I am big with CurlSmith products, I love their "strength" line. I am afraid of Devacurl products after that big scandal they had about a year ago. I am a curl product junkie though.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I know. I didn't get a Deva cut, but I go to a bit of an upscale salon and my stylist has curlier hair than I do, so she knows curls. I am big with CurlSmith products, I love their "strength" line. I am afraid of Devacurl products after that big scandal they had about a year ago. I am a curl product junkie though.
I don't usually use Deva products but I did just purchase the original cowash - haven't tried it yet. I've tried all kinds of expensive salon shampoos and conditioners and didn't find any that were that special. Mostly I just use shampoo that is free of sulfates and parabens. Lately I'm using Kirkland conditoner. I use a lot more conditioner than shampoo. My go-to gel is Garnier Pure Clean. Does the job and it's inexpensive.

As far as the Deva cut, it may be a bit over-hyped. There are a lot of stylists who have the training but I'm not sure how extensive that training is. Mine does do a lot of curly hair and I found her thorugh my prior stylist who also did many curly clients. I had a bit of an issue with her a while back because it seemed like she cut my hair in about ten minutes - not the hour that the acclaimed NY stylists supposedly take going through your hair curl by curl. So the last time I went to her I made a comment about how these stylists supposedly spend so much time. She did seem to take more time with my cut that time.

I’ve used deva products for years with no problem. Also get deva haircuts.
do you have a silk pillowcase? I've been having trouble with frizzies at the nape of my neck and my hairdresser said this might help....there are some very expensive silk ones, some more moderately priced silk and there are cheaper satin ones

do you have a silk pillowcase? I've been having trouble with frizzies at the nape of my neck and my hairdresser said this might help....there are some very expensive silk ones, some more moderately priced silk and there are cheaper satin ones
I use Blissy Silk pillow cases, they aren't expensive and are cool (as in temperature)

Reactions: Rouge H
I use Blissy Silk pillow cases, they aren't expensive and are cool (as in temperature)
I guess "expensive" is a relative term. To me $50+ is pretty expensive for a pillowcase. I suppose if it really makes a difference in your life and lasts a long time it may be worth it.
One thing bothering me is I couldn't launder a silk pillowcase with my cotton sheets. I wash the sheets in hot water. So I guess you'd wash it my itself or with your gentle wash things?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: sdkitty
With Blissy I through them right in with the sheets or my whites and then in the dryer. As long as you take them out right away, they don't wrinkle. https://blissy.com/collections/pillowcases
35% of Jan 2022 coupons
do you wash your sheets in hot water? I do because it's recommended for dust mites
thanks