Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a happy dance right now! Scarf mail today just in time to show a crazy colored horse! This was on my wishlist for months! And with my decision for the new year to collect more gavroches it is perfect :love:
I love wearing gavroches at this time of the year because I can wear it near to my neck and add one of my knitted shawls for outside. So I proudly present: Appaloosa :yahoo:
View attachment 5295823View attachment 5295824
beautiful! I love the turquoise and yellow (and green!) together!
How wonderful and kind of you, Snausages. Awoo is dreamy and every time I wear mine, I think of our border collie who bears ressemblance. She’s excited and smiling here.

View attachment 5296339
D’awwwww! :love:
i log out for 12 hours and have 8 pages to catch up on!!!

mega multi quote apologies… condensing my thanks for the lovely compliments! TY @LKBNOLA @Living.la.vida.fifi @Nomad @Cookiefiend @hotgalaxy @Croisette7 @Karenska @Katharina Luise @Florasun @FlaTiger @SusieAugusta @Marie-the-Mary @Barbette

This is so beautiful! I love a detailed design and this is beyond gorgeous!

oh my goodness this is breathtaking! I didn’t realize it came in pareo format. :eek:

these purples are so fabulous and love the details! I’m a cousin (have this in csgm 140) but have never looked closely at these details

these fabulous creatures are fabulous

I die :faint:

I echo everyone’s delight with the de-plisse effect and that red is glorious!

I adore this green and it’s wonderful with your coloring

stunning winged beauties! Sisters and cousins now need their day in the sun!

these colors are so bright and lively - eagerly awaiting the results of any experimentation

Wonderful scarf mail! Well done!

just…wow! They are all beauties but that Duo Cosmique sends me!

Another parade of pure beauty! And Coco :hbeat:

if I’d know how beautifully this ties I never would have rehomed mine - this is spectacular!

Doxies are lovely beasties!

lovely beasties! Smaller formats do not minimize their power!
:hugs:
I seem to be in a KO mood. All sorts of Texas beasties in La Vie au Sauvage! This came to me by way of teamwork and an incredibly gracious act of kindness. When friendship is woven into the silk it adds a certain magic to the scarf

View attachment 5296342I

View attachment 5296344
<gasp!> this is gorgeous! :faint:
Thank you so much dear Moussie Queen! I believe you are the principal format enablement on these @Cookiefiend!

Wow! What a project and pretty brave but also wonderful @Redbirdhermes! Did the ironing out of the pleats affect the hems? Just curious... I have heard of plisse-ing an old scarf to give it new life (in fact they offer this service at Tiecrafters in NYC) but I never heard of it in reverse! The effect is very cool and now you have your own Redbird + Hermes Turandot...

:ty:

Me too, dear @Croisette7 and thank you for the compliment. My 140 cw reminds me a bit of your lovely CSGM of the other day...

I am so glad you decided to keep it @FlaTiger!

Thank you so much @Katharina Luise -- of course in cropping the mod shot I also cropped ff the giraffe's sweet face...

This is such a great outfit all around and another great color for you @FlaTiger! I haven't got a summer silk 140 and my interest is piqued (my wallet is just having a fit of pique)... :biggrin:

Such a beautiful and informative post @Karenska. Happy to be twins on the last one and I have La Source de Pegase on my 2022 hunting list! You have made me look much more closely at the design...

This is glorious with your plum sweater @Karenska!

Congratulations @Katharina Luise -- what a wonderful find and a fabulous color! It looks great on you. You are in good company as many of us are fans of this format. I have never com across an Appaloosa gav, though...Beautiful.

Ah, thank you @EtsyBoss!

That is a chronic condition in my case @Langsam. :sick:

Thank you twin! You are right @Karenska about the crazy prices. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the wash listed at below retail but I think that the 140 silks -- wash or not-- are less popular (unless it is Tapis Persas or Chemins Secrets :winkiss: ) so maybe that accounts for it. There was another aqua cw of the 140 Savana Dance out there recently at or below retail.

:ty: so much! I do adore this design.

The small cuties are wonderful but your sweet patient Coco-in-a-scarf is simply priceless @Cookiefiend!

Very sweet of you to say @SusieAugusta.

Beautiful and dramatic @Awillow!

I love this whole look @Langsam-- what a cool way to style this. I have your blue sister in this. Don't think it will look quite as eye-catching with the denim but you have give me a great idea :idea:

How lovely @Barbette -- I am delighted to be twins with you on the lovely bandana. It is my favorite one!

It is beautiful @Maedi! I just became your younger cousin with this season's wash version and I will always think fondly now of my scarf armor! Thank you for sharing that story.

So beautiful @Snausages! The border on this is simply extraordinary. I would seek out this design/cw just for that. It's like a page out of an Audubon book.
awww - Coco sends you smooches! ❤️
Happy Scarf Friday dear friends! Choosing La Marche du Zambeze by Ardmore artists. I have a strange fascination for crocodiles. I think it is one of the most fearsome creatures on this planet.
View attachment 5296508
View attachment 5296509
I was very happy to be sitting some distance away when we came upon this little guy.View attachment 5296511
they are fearsome! Fortunately, your sweet blue one isn’t too scary!
Geese, ducks and other fishing birds on Libres Comme L’Air (the little monkey is a bit shy but I will show him another time). The birds are all tinted unnaturally purple, as though they’re dancing underneath the golden sunset...
View attachment 5296512
what a lovely look! :love:
Cats all over today. I wore a kitty Tshirt with kitty denim shorts to work (extremely casual work environment :P ).
View attachment 5296514
So of course I wore Les Chats. This is an additional acquisition, because after I bought my first Chats, @Living.la.vida.fifi casually asked me if it was the jacquard version. And, well, you know what happened next... :lol:
View attachment 5296515
Meow!
I think besides my Zebra Pegasus formats and Clair de Lune, I have only this one on Le Pegase d'Hermes (also 140 wash :smile: ) Sisters with @Redbirdhermes! I am traveling today so posting an archive shot:
View attachment 5296434
So elegant! :love:
Coco seems to be saying "Does this make me look fat?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SOTD - Tyger Tyger! I purchased this during our wonderful vacation to France back in 2015. Ah, I wish to travel again....sigh. My college mascot was the tiger (aka my TPF moniker) and I have a strong affection for tigers. I am really looking forward to the Tigre Royal double face.
View attachment 5296596
Oh my… these blue flowers are gorgeous! Wow!
SOTD is La Treve de L’Eau. Lots of birds and beasts here!

View attachment 5296597View attachment 5296598
Such a lovely soft pink - beautiful!
Different day, different samourais.

View attachment 5296633
Oooo La La! :love:

Reactions: Awillow and Maedi
Coco seems to be saying "Does this make me look fat?"
:roflmfao:
That is a beauty, Lkb. Very elegant.
Thank you so much @Karenska -- I do love it!
Thank you dear LKBNOLA. I bought mine a few years ago when it was first released. It felt like a must for me since I love safari trips. I am not sure I would have the guts to go on a swamp boat tour. If there is an animal I really can´t stand it is mosquitos and I have an extreme fear of snakes.
:lol: You would not last five seconds on a swamp boat @Nahreen-- better enjoy your crocodiles on a scarf!
I love how you tied two twillies of the same design, Barbette. And sister on TRF ‘dana - you have the silver! It is gorgeous. I didn’t choose my color; it chose me. In Jan 2020, I went to NYC for an overnight to see NYC Ballet. I was staying downtown in the Financial District and made my way to H on Broad Street. I tried on a few scarves and asked to see some small formats and there it was. Tiger Royal Fleuri! He only had the one cw and I didn’t think twice, it was so beautiful. Archive photo.
View attachment 5296574
I love this color on you @Karenska! It is so vibrant. Mine is the very serene cw that @Barbette has but I hope I can get the new seaon double face in a bright color!
SOTD - Tyger Tyger! I purchased this during our wonderful vacation to France back in 2015. Ah, I wish to travel again....sigh. My college mascot was the tiger (aka my TPF moniker) and I have a strong affection for tigers. I am really looking forward to the Tigre Royal double face.
View attachment 5296596
I don't think I have ever seen this Tyger Tyger @FlaTiger (that's a lot of tigers to type!) It is beautiful! And ditto on the TR double-face.
SOTD is La Treve de L’Eau. Lots of birds and beasts here!

View attachment 5296597View attachment 5296598
Beautiful colors on this @citykitty24! Perfect with your top.
Thank you so much! Which colour way do you have? :loveeyes:

Thank you, I try my best :smile:
I have two @scarvesandhandbags -- a saumon/vert/gris and a black. Love them both.
Different day, different samourais.

View attachment 5296633
Another day, another Samurais, another gorgeous mod shot @Awillow!
beautiful! I love the turquoise and yellow (and green!) together!

D’awwwww! :love:

:hugs:

<gasp!> this is gorgeous! :faint:

awww - Coco sends you smooches! ❤

they are fearsome! Fortunately, your sweet blue one isn’t too scary!

what a lovely look! :love:

Meow!

So elegant! :love:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my… these blue flowers are gorgeous! Wow!

Such a lovely soft pink - beautiful!

Oooo La La! :love:
Thank you @Cookiefiend-- that scarf is elegant just lying on a table so that helps...
A long and busy week, I post the scarves I wore in one post. Enjoy the weekend!

Monday - Savanah dance in small.
View attachment 5296694

Tuesday: echoing Awillow with Nothing but a dreamer.
View attachment 5296695

Wednesday: Lalbhai, with its tigers as the wildest thing on it.
View attachment 5296696

Thursday: Rêves d'Australie, with its phantastic creatures (fighting for attention with the wild beasts on my blouse).
View attachment 5296697
Beautiful @Agrume. I love how you styled Reves d'Australie. I may be your twin-- I also have a grey cw of this one...Looks wonderful with the print blouse! Triplets with you and @Awillow on NBAD and now I need t find a Savana Dance gav!

Thank you dear @Karenska for all the wonderful information about Pegasus and Greek mythology! Especially the tale of La Source du Pégase was not something I was familiar with. I appreciate all the stories behind the scarves I am learning about in this community! A big thanks to you all! And all the shown scarves are so beautiful:love:
Thank you, Katharina Luisa. I love learning about the designs and the stories being depicted. Sometimes, Hermès provides a “story behind”, which often involves information about what the artist was “up to”, and at other times not, but often we can glean what a design is conveying by looking at all the details on the design, or by doing some research.

Wow! What a project and pretty brave but also wonderful @Redbirdhermes! Did the ironing out of the pleats affect the hems? Just curious... I have heard of plisse-ing an old scarf to give it new life (in fact they offer this service at Tiecrafters in NYC) but I never heard of it in reverse! The effect is very cool and now you have your own Redbird + Hermes Turandot...

:ty:

Thank you, LKB. I did some research before I did the project to deplisse my Turandot. It was clear that a plisse cannot be handwashed and remain a plisse, and I can vouch for this fact. After a minute or two in the sudsy water the pleats were gone and it handled the same as a regular silk scarf. So, effectively the pleats were not ironed out, they were washed out. As for the hem, I iron right up to it, and leave the hem untouched. This is why some waviness from the former pleats remains in the hems.

Before photo

20220111_161411.jpg

The hems after

20220113_092718.jpg20220113_093558.jpg

View attachment 5296596
Sisters, FlaTiger, I have the prune acajou. Your cw looks great on you and very strong colors. Regarding your Avatar, that is the champagne I served on Christmas Day!

• Love
Reactions: FlaTiger
Oh @croisette, what a lovely scarf, I love those green lions. And your peach-orange cardigan is the cherry on the cake!

Thank you very much, @Marie-the-Mary, you are quite right - nostalgic is the correct word for this scarf!

Aaawww, how wonderful to be your twin on this special scarf, dear @Karenska! And thank you so much for your kind compliment! :hugs:

Chiff IS adorable, dear Karen. :loveeyes: (I must be really careful. Being enabled by this forum to hunt for scarves is one thing and dangerous enough. But I get the feeling by so many of you that I might need a cat in my life. ;) Unfortunately DH would not be amused, so I‘ll stick to the scarves for the time being.)

@FlaTiger, this suits you down to the ground. A very very nice cw!

Very very nice triangle, dear @LKBNOLA ! And yes, I agree, the animals are blue from the cold. :hugs:

What a very elegant outfit, both the scarf and you are looking radiant! :girlsigh:

Red really is your colour, RBH!!! What a bright scarf, and those earrings….wonderful!

I have a friend who has kois. I must tell her about this scarf, dear @xincinsin!

Once again as ever you are picture perfect, @Croisette7 . Scarf, jewelry, sweater: :tup:

:giggle:

Thank you so much, @Florasun! Apparently Kermit Oliver is an acquired taste. It took me years (and tPF-enablement) to take the plunge. I don‘t really see a second one coming my way soon, but who knows?

Wonderful red sweater, wonderful scarves, and I am your sister (or cousin) ….not on the scarves, but on the necklace! I‘ll have to wear mine sometime next week. :drinks:

LOL @Snausages, it is either the cold or Ledoux‘ magic. :giggle:

How very lovely, Snausages!!!
I have never seen that cw before, @Nomad, you look lovely!

You have the most remarkable scarves, @xincinsin! What a beauty!

Thank you so much, @FlaTiger! Maybe I should wear the scarf on my head. Hmmmm, you‘re giving me ideas!

What an incredible cw, Croisette. My favourite so far.

Hi @sanamary, yes, it is a 90 cm scarf. I made a rather slim bias fold which I wrapped around my neck twice and then I fixed it with a double knot - one end going under, the other one going over the fabric. Very, very simple really. I hope I could help you!

Aaaw, thank you very kindly, LKB!!!

What a very happy Savana-Dance-family, LBK - but your bright smile tops them all!

Cookie, so very glad you like it. Thank you!

RBH, such an interesting story! The scarf is beautiful, as is the knot. Thank you for letting us take part in your deplisse-adventure! I went the other way - I have a scarf I had plisseed at my local H boutique (the only plissee I own). The result is that I never ever wear it for fear that the folds will give way. You have chosen the better path!

I wouldn‘t mind being in hot, sunny Florida right now! - Tiger, you lokk very elegant!

Karen! That Pegasus! That brooch! That necklace! :hbeat:

Please let us know the result, Karen! (Wonderful cardigan, btw!)

Lovely scarf, Katharina, suits you so well!!! Congrats!

Oh Fifi, each and everyone of those scarves is exceptional. I‘m green with envy. I must continue my search for a Tsubas. (Ban Island? Who mentioned Ban Island??)
Many thanks for your nice compliments, Susie!

Reactions: SusieAugusta
Little kitties!
Chasse aux Pois (this always gives me the giggles - who is chasing whom - and polka dots! :panic:)
View attachment 5296002
Panthera Pardus
View attachment 5296001
SOTD is Les Tigreaux (tiny roar!)
View attachment 5296003

And obligatory photo of be-scarfed Coco :love:
View attachment 5296004
Love your Chasse losange! ... and of course your scar model, Cookie!

So,pretty, Awillow ... and twins!

Status
Not open for further replies.