Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much dear Moussie Queen! I believe you are the principal format enablement on these @Cookiefiend!

Wow! What a project and pretty brave but also wonderful @Redbirdhermes! Did the ironing out of the pleats affect the hems? Just curious... I have heard of plisse-ing an old scarf to give it new life (in fact they offer this service at Tiecrafters in NYC) but I never heard of it in reverse! The effect is very cool and now you have your own Redbird + Hermes Turandot...

:ty:

Me too, dear @Croisette7 and thank you for the compliment. My 140 cw reminds me a bit of your lovely CSGM of the other day...

I am so glad you decided to keep it @FlaTiger!

Thank you so much @Katharina Luise -- of course in cropping the mod shot I also cropped ff the giraffe's sweet face...

This is such a great outfit all around and another great color for you @FlaTiger! I haven't got a summer silk 140 and my interest is piqued (my wallet is just having a fit of pique)... :biggrin:

Such a beautiful and informative post @Karenska. Happy to be twins on the last one and I have La Source de Pegase on my 2022 hunting list! You have made me look much more closely at the design...

This is glorious with your plum sweater @Karenska!

Congratulations @Katharina Luise -- what a wonderful find and a fabulous color! It looks great on you. You are in good company as many of us are fans of this format. I have never com across an Appaloosa gav, though...Beautiful.

Ah, thank you @EtsyBoss!

That is a chronic condition in my case @Langsam. :sick:

Thank you twin! You are right @Karenska about the crazy prices. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the wash listed at below retail but I think that the 140 silks -- wash or not-- are less popular (unless it is Tapis Persas or Chemins Secrets :winkiss: ) so maybe that accounts for it. There was another aqua cw of the 140 Savana Dance out there recently at or below retail.

:ty: so much! I do adore this design.

The small cuties are wonderful but your sweet patient Coco-in-a-scarf is simply priceless @Cookiefiend!

Very sweet of you to say @SusieAugusta.

Beautiful and dramatic @Awillow!

I love this whole look @Langsam-- what a cool way to style this. I have your blue sister in this. Don't think it will look quite as eye-catching with the denim but you have give me a great idea :idea:

How lovely @Barbette -- I am delighted to be twins with you on the lovely bandana. It is my favorite one!

It is beautiful @Maedi! I just became your younger cousin with this season's wash version and I will always think fondly now of my scarf armor! Thank you for sharing that story.

So beautiful @Snausages! The border on this is simply extraordinary. I would seek out this design/cw just for that. It's like a page out of an Audubon book.
Thank you, Lkb! My favorite sweater. Happy to know that Tiecrafters will plisse a scarf. And that is a good point about the hem.

Reactions: Nomad and LKBNOLA
i log out for 12 hours and have 8 pages to catch up on!!!

mega multi quote apologies… condensing my thanks for the lovely compliments! TY @LKBNOLA @Living.la.vida.fifi @Nomad @Cookiefiend @hotgalaxy @Croisette7 @Karenska @Katharina Luise @Florasun @FlaTiger @SusieAugusta @Marie-the-Mary @Barbette
stunning winged beauties! Sisters and cousins now need their day in the sun!
these colors are so bright and lively - eagerly awaiting the results of any experimentation
Thank you, Snausages, they do indeed! As for deplisseing, that’s a future experiment, but it is heartening to know it can be a successful endeavor. However, now that I know about Tiecrafter’s and their plisse service, I will have to weigh on both options. I expect the plisse service is pricey.

Beautiful on you @Nahreen! We love alligators here in Louisiana (thre are eve Swamp Boat Tours) so I also had to have this scarf! I really love the black cw.
Thank you dear LKBNOLA. I bought mine a few years ago when it was first released. It felt like a must for me since I love safari trips. I am not sure I would have the guts to go on a swamp boat tour. If there is an animal I really can´t stand it is mosquitos and I have an extreme fear of snakes.

I made a big mistake passing on this one, so pretty on you!

Thank you very much! I actually found it after the fact online, as I missed it when it first came out. It worked out in the end!

I seem to be in a KO mood. All sorts of Texas beasties in La Vie au Sauvage! This came to me by way of teamwork and an incredibly gracious act of kindness. When friendship is woven into the silk it adds a certain magic to the scarf

Such a cool design. I love all the birds!

Reactions: Snausages
My multi quote skills are dismal so forgive me for adding one more post! Silk creatures I've worn this week include my Animapolis twilly pair and Tiger bandana.

View attachment 5296308View attachment 5296309
I love how you tied two twillies of the same design, Barbette. And sister on TRF ‘dana - you have the silver! It is gorgeous. I didn’t choose my color; it chose me. In Jan 2020, I went to NYC for an overnight to see NYC Ballet. I was staying downtown in the Financial District and made my way to H on Broad Street. I tried on a few scarves and asked to see some small formats and there it was. Tiger Royal Fleuri! He only had the one cw and I didn’t think twice, it was so beautiful. Archive photo.
C1D5F650-2176-4ADC-A67E-F1075566089D.jpeg

Happy Scarf Friday dear friends! Choosing La Marche du Zambeze by Ardmore artists. I have a strange fascination for crocodiles. I think it is one of the most fearsome creatures on this planet.
View attachment 5296508
View attachment 5296509
I was very happy to be sitting some distance away when we came upon this little guy.View attachment 5296511
Your MdZ is stunning, Nahreen, and where were you when that “little guy” appeared? :wtf: They are fearsome, indeed, and so primitive-looking.

Pegasus
The divine winged stallion, the offspring of Poseidon and Medusa, was born of Perseus’ beheading of the terrible snake-haired gorgon. Later, Zeus turned him into a constellation, a gift for all the world to gaze upon. Hermès has imagined Pegasus in many spectacular ways and is perhaps as important an Hermès icon as the real horse.

1-10-792x1024.jpg

Hippocrene, the sacred spring on Mt. Helicon, was formed by the hooves of Pegasus. Sacred to the Muses, it’s name translates as "Horse's Fountain" and the water is believed to bring forth poetic inspiration when imbibed. Here, in La Source du Pegase, Pierre Marie creates a riotous and magical scene of the birth of the Hippocrene. From The Story Behind:
“With a kick of a hoof from Pegasus… a spring bursts forth. Known as Hippocrene, this spring is located on Mount Helicon in Greece. The nine muses, daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, goddess of memory, would come to drink from it. Pierre Marie's narrative eloquence is expressed in both line and composition. His design, an allegory of an idea springing to mind, tells this wonderful story. It depicts Pegasus with radiating wings, and muses dancing a farandole in a joyful and fantastical setting that is as terrestrial as it is cosmic".
View attachment 5295775
View attachment 5295836
View attachment 5295780

Pegasus is also associated with storms, for Zeus charged him to bring thunderbolts and lightning to Mt Olympus. Here Dmitri Rybaltchenko creates a Pop Art fantasy, and our divine mount is depicted as a colorful cartoon in Pegase Pop:
carre-140-pegase-pop--432975S-06-flat-1-300-0-2048-2048-q40_b.jpg

View attachment 5295776

Alice Shirley imagines another equine species as the mythical Pegasus.
View attachment 5295781View attachment 5295777

Perhaps now the most iconic design of Hermès’ depictions of the mythical horse, Clair de Lune presents the moon’s face as a magnificent, rearing Pegasus with flowing mane, surrounded by blazing stars, planets, and shooting comets.
Picture 2 of 6

Picture 3 of 6

View attachment 5295778I can’t wait to see your various pégases!

Thank you dear @Karenska for all the wonderful information about Pegasus and Greek mythology! Especially the tale of La Source du Pégase was not something I was familiar with. I appreciate all the stories behind the scarves I am learning about in this community! A big thanks to you all! And all the shown scarves are so beautiful:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.