How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, HL. You must be so frustrated. And terrified. But then we all are.

I broke out my last saved N95 respirator mask yesterday. Several envious people asked me where I found it because they're sold out everywhere. I was embarrassed to admit I had a stock of them leftover from woodworking projects years ago, and fished them out of the garage at the start of the pandemic.

I ordered packs of both KN95 and N95 masks from projectN95.org. Shipping was absolutely atrocious ($20+ !!!). And I'll be lucky to receive them by the end of the month since they're so backed up with orders. But none of the drug stores around here have them, and Amazon is full of complaints about fraudulent masks.
Try Home Depot. They have the 3m n95 in stock online. I've been sharing the resources with my work and friends. And gifting supplies to those who can't afford it

I had Covid last year...I still do not have my sense of smell back 100%. I cannot smell vinegar, dog poo, natural gas (I know this since there was a gas leak in my neighborhood the other day and my sister smelled it in the air!), and other random smells. Some are back, but not all. So frustrating.
This is my boss. He is guzzling hot sauce on the regular to see if his taste comes back yet. So sad. Feel bad for you both

I had Covid last year...I still do not have my sense of smell back 100%. I cannot smell vinegar, dog poo, natural gas (I know this since there was a gas leak in my neighborhood the other day and my sister smelled it in the air!), and other random smells. Some are back, but not all. So frustrating.
My aunt caught COVID in November 2020 and she JUST got her sense of smell and taste back 100%!!!! After 14 months!!! :shocked: She couldn't smell or taste anything until this past summer, where it was coming back slowly. So don't give up hope!

I'm sorry, HL. You must be so frustrated. And terrified. But then we all are.

I broke out my last saved N95 respirator mask yesterday. Several envious people asked me where I found it because they're sold out everywhere. I was embarrassed to admit I had a stock of them leftover from woodworking projects years ago, and fished them out of the garage at the start of the pandemic.

I ordered packs of both KN95 and N95 masks from projectN95.org. Shipping was absolutely atrocious ($20+ !!!). And I'll be lucky to receive them by the end of the month since they're so backed up with orders. But none of the drug stores around here have them, and Amazon is full of complaints about fraudulent masks.

I bought 3M N95s on Amazon, specifically sold and fulfilled by Amazon and not a 3rd party seller. They are not fakes. I know because I called 3M and described the box to them and they said as long as it's shipped and sold by Amazon that it's not counterfeit.

I bought 3M N95s on Amazon, specifically sold and fulfilled by Amazon and not a 3rd party seller. They are not fakes. I know because I called 3M and described the box to them and they said as long as it's shipped and sold by Amazon that it's not counterfeit.
Yeah, I got some real N95s--CDC- and NIOSH-approved--from Amazon just last week, and they were less than $1 per mask when I bought them (they're now almost $1.25 per mask). Shipping was free with Prime. It's not hard to find real N95s on Amazon.

Where is the uproar over the anti-viral pill distribution? When approved it touted 90% less chance of hospitalization once taken. I read on CNN that it's a manufacturing issue with Pfizer...so, why aren't there camera crews following those trucks around? When the vaccine started to roll out in the giant frozen shipments by UPS there was 24/7 tracking media coverage.
Mustn't make as much $$$$ off the pill as the vaccine *shrug*

My aunt caught COVID in November 2020 and she JUST got her sense of smell and taste back 100%!!!! After 14 months!!! :shocked: She couldn't smell or taste anything until this past summer, where it was coming back slowly. So don't give up hope!
I do believe mine will regenerate. I have noticed that after a few months I am able to pick up different fragrance notes in my body wash! First I could smell nothing...then I started to smell only the coconut scent in it...then a slight floral... Slowly but surely.

I will say, in January 2021 when I had it and realized I couldn't smell, I layered on my heavy Givenchy perfumes...couldn't smell any of them...I would go to bed smelling like a French whore! LOL!

I do believe mine will regenerate. I have noticed that after a few months I am able to pick up different fragrance notes in my body wash! First I could smell nothing...then I started to smell only the coconut scent in it...then a slight floral... Slowly but surely.

I will say, in January 2021 when I had it and realized I couldn't smell, I layered on my heavy Givenchy perfumes...couldn't smell any of them...I would go to bed smelling like a French whore! LOL!
Lawd you gonna be that lady who I can smell when entering the church while you're sitting at the front pew ;)

My lifestyle has stopped. Work from home, going out for a walk with hubby, and at this moment, nothing else. Cooking, cleaning, some housework with the help of a housemaid and that is my social life at present with this omicron, which is affecting so many people. There was a "break" before omicron and we started going out again, meeting friends, spending some weekends out, but now...there it is again. I hope and deeply want that all of this is over and we can possibly go back to life again.

Last edited:
I realized that working from home is so much better and church'ing up my workstation has been my new hobby. Comfortable closing and no commute has really improved my lifestyle overall.
Right?! In 2020, I first hesitated in buying a desk and used my couch as a 3 in 1 (sleep, chill and work). Lol. I got one of the lap desks instead.

Then in the start of 2021 I caved in and bought a desk like a grownup and did some much needed decluttering to make way for said desk.

Now it's 2022 and my biggest battle is the close proximity of the kitchen.

But I love working from home. My house robe has been replaced by a napping cardi so that I don't look like a complete slob. And I really don't miss the stressful commute, dealing with traffic and racing for the bus

Despite almost everyone in my organization working from home again, they are trying to force my team into doing large in-person events (even though three out of ten fully vaccinated staff members tested positive after the last one). I have been toying with the idea of moving organizations for a couple of months now, but I think this is the nail in the coffin for me.

Despite almost everyone in my organization working from home again, they are trying to force my team into doing large in-person events (even though three out of ten fully vaccinated staff members tested positive after the last one). I have been toying with the idea of moving organizations for a couple of months now, but I think this is the nail in the coffin for me.
Yep how companies conduct themselves during this pandemic speaks volumes about their value system