Le Pliage Neo Tote (it has a strap!)

Hi Everyone! I'm reporting back here on our Neo saga...
My new Medium Neo arrived today from Bloomies. It has the large inner back pocket, and I love it! :nuts: :heart:
The adjustable strap is also a big plus (my old version's strap is not adjustable).
I am so glad I decided to get another Medium. Now both my Small and Medium have two inside pockets. Yippee!

I hope everyone get their pieces too and loves it too!

Reactions: 94iBag
Hi Everyone! I'm reporting back here on our Neo saga...
My new Medium Neo arrived today from Bloomies. It has the large inner back pocket, and I love it! :nuts: :heart:
The adjustable strap is also a big plus (my old version's strap is not adjustable).
I am so glad I decided to get another Medium. Now both my Small and Medium have two inside pockets. Yippee!

I hope everyone get their pieces too and loves it too!

Congrats on your bag! My medium Neo should be delivered tomorrow. Today the neo large over the shoulder arrived.

IMG_8420.jpg

I just got the medium in. I really like it. I’m not sure if I need both the medium and the large tote but I feel they are different enough I should keep both.

View attachment 5296852View attachment 5296853
Yes. That’s why I suggested you also order the medium. Once you stuff both, I personally think you will find the medium easier to use and more versatile. For me, I like medium over the large long strap. Try to stuff both and see how it feels.

Yes. That’s why I suggested you also order the medium. Once you stuff both, I personally think you will find the medium easier to use and more versatile. For me, I like medium over the large long strap. Try to stuff both and see how it feels.

Im still torn. I think I will just keep both. The large could be nice for travel. I use a LV keepall for trips but for longer than three day trips its really not big enough.

Im still torn. I think I will just keep both. The large could be nice for travel. I use a LV keepall for trips but for longer than three day trips its really not big enough.
In case this might help... I use the Expandable duffle when I really need to carry stuff.
Longchamp Le Pliage Expandable Travel Duffel Nylon Weekender | Bloomingdale's (bloomingdales.com)

This is my favorite bag to carry on the airplane. It squishes to nothing if you don't need to fill it. There is also an expandable section which I like, but I never use it expanded. The bag size is perfect, and what I love about it is the shoulder strap (I added one of those comfort shoulder strap pads in the center so now it's super comfy when I lug it through the airport).

For me, the straps on the large dug into me after I've stuffed it which is why that was the deal breaker for me. I got rid of mine.
If the long straps do not bother your shoulder, keep both. One can never have enough travel bags!

I wouldn't be surprised if they relaunch a newer NEO line with better interior pockets and adjustable straps but with $500 as the price tag :yes: that has always been how they roll. Especially after seeing cartier discontinued the $5000 Tank Solo and relaunched it with a $10k price tag.

It’s very stupid. The strap of the energy is adjustable but if you want to shoulder carry it will leave a long loose strap. Which doesn’t make sense because with the neo, you have the removable, adjustable strap that doesn’t do that. The material is thinner cheaper rougher. They made a big mistake discontinuing the neo.
I completely agree with you. I was hoping Longchamp would improve the Neo line further (e.g. lower the inside pockets a bit and reverse the direction of the zipper).

And don't get me started on how much I detest the Energy and City lines. Awful materials and sloppy, unthoughtful design.

I wrote Longchamp to vent my frustration. Hope others will do the same. BRING BACK THE NEO!!!

I completely agree with you. I was hoping Longchamp would improve the Neo line further (e.g. lower the inside pockets a bit and reverse the direction of the zipper).

And don't get me started on how much I detest the Energy and City lines. Awful materials and sloppy, unthoughtful design.

I wrote Longchamp to vent my frustration. Hope others will do the same. BRING BACK THE NEO!!!
I completely agree with you! I don't like the Energy or City at all! I thought it would be an improvement over Neo, but it's worse.

I went nuts with Neo after the SA told me it was going to be discontinued. I also purchased the Mini Neo. I purchased the Mini once before, but I returned it as the strap was very stiff leather. Then, after I got my new Medium Neo, I was going to toss my old Medium Neo. Then I thought... save the strap! I ordered the Mini Neo again, and I use the strap from my old Medium Neo. It worked out great as every size now has it's own bag (Mini, Small, Medium).

If you are interested in the Mini Neo, it's worth to see if you can find one somewhere. Great little bag.