Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Okay, last one - authentic or fake? (I went a little nuts with the handbag purchases over the holidays; wish I'd found this forum sooner!) Thank you guys so much! :hbeat:

Item: Pocket Purse No 9755
Listing number: n/a
Seller and site where listed: Poshmark; seller kgeringer07
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-Coach-Crossbody-Handbag-9755-608ec051463d4f4f3410c153
Comments: This one I'm a little suspicious of, but seller says she is the original owner.

Genuine, from 1996

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me authenticate this Coach bag. Not sure what specific item it is. Couldn’t find any sources on google or ebay for it. All I know is that it’s a Coach New York from the front.

My friend gave me a bunch of her old stuff and was wanting to sell it because she has no need for it anymore. She said she either got it from a Coach store or from Coach online but she can’t exactly remember.

Thanks for the help.

B5F83D52-033D-422D-89F7-A0A8FC79E946.png5F79B22D-6B5F-4CD7-AA0A-E9247D93A9E2.jpegD606E97D-CC8D-4C21-B572-EFAF311D9AF1.jpegEADE16BE-9497-45B7-9E21-A86778FB26E2.jpeg805F5A99-9C97-44B7-8053-2CD7F297BB49.jpegDD224D6B-2210-40E4-A13B-B262E8FA3B0B.jpeg4CBB7A8F-B5BE-47AC-ABBC-7155A50E4FF5.jpeg

I am attempting to surprise my daughter-in-law who collects vintage Coach bags. She once told me about some rare bags she was searching for and I bought this vintage backpack to gift to her. I bought it last month on Poshmark from a seller named Josiecup. I paid $185. It measures approximately 14” in length, 10” in width and 6.5” in depth. Is this an authentic Coach bag? Thank you in advance for all your help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 3
I am attempting to surprise my daughter-in-law who collects vintage Coach bags. She once told me about some rare bags she was searching for and I bought this vintage backpack to gift to her. I bought it last month on Poshmark from a seller named Josiecup. I paid $185. It measures approximately 14” in length, 10” in width and 6.5” in depth. Is this an authentic Coach bag? Thank you in advance for all your help!
No, I'm sorry but you got ripped off by josiecup. If she's an honorable seller, she's apologize profusely and issue a full refund. (She sells a lot of Coach but clearly doesn't verify her items!

Here's the listing:

This is another fake that was sold by Poshmark seller josiecup.

and another sold fake:

And another;

I haven't gone through everything but it's obvious that josiecup is a mixer.

If she doens't agree to the refund, file a dispute with your credit card company.

And THIS my friends is why I don't recommend and promote Poshmark or their sellers.

ETA again with more fakes:

I give up on searching for more!
DO NOT BUY FROM josiecup on Poshmark!

Last edited:
Wow! You guys are the BEST. I have already decided no more surprise purchases for DIL. I will stick to giving gift cards. Thank you again!!
You're welcome. I'm so sorry because you're heart is certainly in the right place.

Please update with JOSIECUP's response. (If necessary, refer her here because she definitely needs an education!)

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me authenticate this Coach bag. Not sure what specific item it is. Couldn’t find any sources on google or ebay for it. All I know is that it’s a Coach New York from the front.

My friend gave me a bunch of her old stuff and was wanting to sell it because she has no need for it anymore. She said she either got it from a Coach store or from Coach online but she can’t exactly remember.

Thanks for the help.

View attachment 5295847View attachment 5295852View attachment 5295848View attachment 5295849View attachment 5295854View attachment 5295850View attachment 5295851
I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable authenticating that bag. Over the last few years, there have been a plethora of fakes being listed by Japanese sellers and the fakes are extremely close. The only other examples of this bag are on Asian websites and on ebay from Japanese sellers.

ETA: I don't see red flags but can't verify that it's okay. Sorry.

Last edited:
Hi. I’m in a store right now looking at what appears to be a scooter. This is the creed. I’ve never seen a letter in a pre serial made in the United States bag before. Legit?

Attachments

• FD5E37D4-0F34-430A-B2B7-2417843AEA1D.jpeg
    FD5E37D4-0F34-430A-B2B7-2417843AEA1D.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 21
Please give us about 12 hours (at least) before bumping a post. The authenticators volunteer our time, get no compensation for your expertise and have lives with families, obligations, jobs, real life.

Your first request was at 3:20 am (my time) and although I keep erratic hours, I was sound asleep at that time!

I don't see any problems with the bag.
so sorry for that, first time posting thought the post hadn't gone thru and then all of a sudden two posts were up, truly once again sorry
really appreciate all the effort you all make to go thru the messages and researching each product posted, truly commendable ❤ my time zone is probably way off from yours already past 1am for me,
so it seems ok? Thanks so much just wanted to make sure

Reactions: BeenBurned
Hi. I’m in a store right now looking at what appears to be a scooter. This is the creed. I’ve never seen a letter in a pre serial made in the United States bag before. Legit?
isnt that a zero?...not an O
Sorry pre style numbers.
I’m seeing “C”.
It does look like a C but it's a "0" zero. It's probably fine but without seeing the rest of the bag, we can't be certain.