Dior Online horror experience - Need help!!

kozee

JediGrrrrl
O.G.
Nov 23, 2011
I purchased a micro Lady Dior bag online just before Christmas. The bag arrived without a strap. I turned the entire package inside out and flattened all the packing tissues to look. I contacted Dior and was told they would launch an investigation that would take 2 weeks.
I waited - and long story short, a very rude customer service manager - Allison - contacted me on 6 January, and told me their warehouse video shows the strap was packed in with the bag, so my only recourse is to send the bag without the strap back for “repairs” and PAY for a a replacement strap… or live without the strap because their video shows it’s been packed.
It’s a thin, short narrow strap for the micro bag - WHY should I even think of trying to get a strap from them?? I am infuriated that they insinuated that I’m lying. Yet they won’t accept a return now and I’ve patiently waited for the results of the investigation until that rude call today.
What can I do? I can’t really dispute with the credit card because I have the bag(still with all the tags and packaging as new)…just that it is missing a strap.
I couldn’t get even use the bag all this time - to keep the tags intact as I was so sure rhe warehouse video would show that the strap wasn’t packed in. Stupid of me to wait.

Escalate. Hold firm.

I would just take it up with your CC and explain goods arrived not as described.

Straps look easy to make but actually they are quite fiddly. It looks like it went missing, whether that was in transit or is still sitting in a Dior warehouse doesn't make it your fault.

Escalate. Hold firm.

I would just take it up with your CC and explain goods arrived not as described.

Straps look easy to make but actually they are quite fiddly. It looks like it went missing, whether that was in transit or is still sitting in a Dior warehouse doesn't make it your fault.

Ok I just contacted my credit card. Dior won’t escalate it beyond that one customer service manager. As far as they are concerned - the case is closed because the warehouse video apparently showed that the strap was “put in tissue at the side of the box”. They suggested I threw the tissue away. The entire packaging is intact.

TBH these kinds of stories really piss me off! Even if the strap showed it was in the package on video, a company with great customer service would simply eat the loss and refund you for or send a new strap. Like imagine if this happened at Nordstrom - you’d already have a new strap at your door. Dior (and all LVMH companies) have so much freaking money in revenue, they can afford to take tiny hits like that. Obviously it’s different if we’re talking about a customer with a history of scammy behavior (which I’m sure you’re not!) but this is just bad business to me. I’ve always had great experiences with Dior online boutique, but this story would frankly make me think twice before buying again! I would keep fighting it! Good luck :smile:

Sorry to hear that you have horrible experience on online shopping. If they insist that their video footage showed the strap was included in the package, I wonder if they can show the proof. Can you try calling the customer service again and hope that they can direct you to another manager or someone at a higher tier? I feel that keep "bugging" them might help? I've heard this type of things many times and I learned to always record when I sell or unbox luxury items. Good luck!

Agreeing with others. LVMH (the parent company) have money coming out their ears.

Even if they can prove the strap was included and went in (and immediately was sealed) can Dior still offer evidence that the strap was not removed a minute later and repackaged or at anytime during the journey?

There is very little advantage to a buyer saying they received a very expensive bag without a strap or other part of the package. They also know that offering a replacement strap offered at full retail is shamelessly trying to earn more from this is an unfortunate incident that has left one of their customers disappointed instead of delighted. They should definitely absorb the price of a new matching strap IMO.

Sorry this happened to you. Next time make sure you video yourself unboxing it. I only shop in store. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this crap.

Me too.

Check for everything in-store too. I once tried on one Hermes scarf and the SA took out another pre-folded from the desk only to find a lipstick mark on when I got home.

As far as they are concerned - the case is closed because the warehouse video apparently showed that the strap was “put in tissue at the side of the box”. They suggested I threw the tissue away. The entire packaging is intact.

Is this their exact words? Because to me, 'at the side of the box' does not mean inside the box beside the bag. I agree though that it's strange how they can be so certain that it was definitely put inside the box by video recording. Just checking that you've turned the packaging inside out and can confirm this with customer service to be absolutely adamant that you checked everywhere?

It is a shame because for such a big brand company, why would a customer be trying to claim an extra strap just because when they've already paid for the bag? Like @papertiger said, they have enough revenue that sending a replacement strap wouldn't put them out of pocket. As an example, I lost my favourite pair of Dior Cannage sunglasses at the Porsche museum in Stuttgart, it must have accidentally fallen off without me realising and even after retracing my steps around the entire museum I couldn't find it again. I think another visitor found them and took them, but I called Stuttgart customer service on my UK mobile number (I get free calls and data within the EU) and gave them my number to call back, although I apologised for them having to call me back long distance once they had checked with the cleaners and reception staff. The customer service agent told me, 'trust me, the international call won't be an issue'.

I agree though, return to the credit card company and explain the situation, that it's not as described because it's a long distance purchase and you've got a certain level of guarantee with items not purchased in person. Also go back to customer service and insist on seeing the video recording yourself after checking the box and turning it upside down to explain that you've checked all contents of the parcel thoroughly and that the strap definitely hasn't been included so you'd like to see the evidence that proves the strap was included in your parcel. Otherwise they are selling you an item not as described and you are due a full refund. In those instances, them sending you a replacement strap will cost less.

The online store is apparently completely separate from the boutique

It is definitely separate, all online orders are handled via the warehouse in France.

Thanks, all sorted, and a long time ago (you should see me inspect now :search: It ended up being the last one in that cw by the time I went to exchange, but they dry-cleaned it for free and the mark came out.

I've already got this habit ingrained in me from living in Hong Kong for many years! Even when I'm told it's a brand new item from their stock in the back room, I still check it thoroughly, but I'm lucky that even though I don't have a Dior store near me in Edinburgh, my SA in London checks everything for me before packaging it and putting it through. He managed to find a massive hole in a Cruise 2022 skirt I wanted in time when he was getting it ready to be packaged before I paid for it! He even put one of my orders through the French warehouse because the hardware on the bag did not meet his standards so I could get a better one :smile:

I purchased a micro Lady Dior bag online just before Christmas. The bag arrived without a strap. I turned the entire package inside out and flattened all the packing tissues to look. I contacted Dior and was told they would launch an investigation that would take 2 weeks.
I waited - and long story short, a very rude customer service manager - Allison - contacted me on 6 January, and told me their warehouse video shows the strap was packed in with the bag, so my only recourse is to send the bag without the strap back for “repairs” and PAY for a a replacement strap… or live without the strap because their video shows it’s been packed.
It’s a thin, short narrow strap for the micro bag - WHY should I even think of trying to get a strap from them?? I am infuriated that they insinuated that I’m lying. Yet they won’t accept a return now and I’ve patiently waited for the results of the investigation until that rude call today.
What can I do? I can’t really dispute with the credit card because I have the bag(still with all the tags and packaging as new)…just that it is missing a strap.
I couldn’t get even use the bag all this time - to keep the tags intact as I was so sure rhe warehouse video would show that the strap wasn’t packed in. Stupid of me to wait.
Oh my GOSH! This is horrific! Uuugh! That is not right! I would most DEFINITELY call back and ask to speak to someone else. Perhaps the regional manager. I hope the lady you spoke to was not a regional manager. I agree with some of the other responses that a strap should be sent out to you even AFTER the investigation ONLY because, who is to say it was not removed afterwards. A strap, especially for the mini, can not have cost Dior that much money to make. Why have bad blood with the customer? Is it really worth it Dior? Because now you have been put on blast on Purseforum and Purseforum is a platform read my many around the world. This is one way to loose customers. I'm so sorry you are going thru this, especially due to a chain that Dior can easily replace! I do feel your pain! Replace the dang gone strap Dior! Geez! Isn't it just a chain with a tiny bit of leather? Ridiculous. Well I just placed an order last night with Dior. I usually purchase my luxe items IN the store just to avoid mishaps (bag is damaged, package is lost, etc etc) as I know I may have to jump thru hoops for the issue to get resolved, but the bag was not in stock at the store. I checked online for 2 days, and it was out of stock. On the 3rd day it was in stock so I jumped on it. Immediately afterwards I checked to see if it was out of stock and it was. So I wonder if this bag was rejected by a person that purchased it due to damage or a flaw and Dior just put it back in the pool. I hope Dior.com received a new shipment and I bought from that. We'll after reading your unfortunate issue with Dior, I will MOST DEFINITELY be videotaping my unboxing! This is the first time I ordered an item that cost $4,900 plus tax online and with Dior. Oh God, PLEASE DO NOT LET ME HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY ORDER! Please keep us updated. Don't give up. Call and request to speak to someone higher then the lady you spoke to and keep going up the chain. Get an email address too as you want a paper trail and do your followups that way. Make sure to get the name if EVERY person you talk to. I would even go on Yelp and on Goggle. Find a Dior (it won't be Dior.com but at this point, who cares) and write the issue you are having. Whomever monitors Dior will get your poor review and reach out to you thru goggle or Yelp. Believe me, they will not want your complaint and issue out there for all to read! If you get fed up, push to return the bag. Even if you are pass the 30 day return policy I would have them agree to make an exception for the return as you waited through the investigation for the strap as you EXPECTED Dior to have superb customer satisfaction, especially as we are talking about a strap replacement that is literally a chain and not a bag nor the $1200 or $1500 bag straps they sell. This is insane! Uuugh! I'm fired up about this! Ridiculous!

Oh my GOSH! This is horrific! Uuugh! That is not right! I would most DEFINITELY call back and ask to speak to someone else. Perhaps the regional manager. I hope the lady you spoke to was not a regional manager. I agree with some of the other responses that a strap should be sent out to you even AFTER the investigation ONLY because, who is to say it was not removed afterwards. A strap, especially for the mini, can not have cost Dior that much money to make. Why have bad blood with the customer? Is it really worth it Dior? Because now you have been put on blast on Purseforum and Purseforum is a platform read my many around the world. This is one way to loose customers. I'm so sorry you are going thru this, especially due to a chain that Dior can easily replace! I do feel your pain! Replace the dang gone strap Dior! Geez! Isn't it just a chain with a tiny bit of leather? Ridiculous. Well I just placed an order last night with Dior. I usually purchase my luxe items IN the store just to avoid mishaps (bag is damaged, package is lost, etc etc) as I know I may have to jump thru hoops for the issue to get resolved, but the bag was not in stock at the store. I checked online for 2 days, and it was out of stock. On the 3rd day it was in stock so I jumped on it. Immediately afterwards I checked to see if it was out of stock and it was. So I wonder if this bag was rejected by a person that purchased it due to damage or a flaw and Dior just put it back in the pool. I hope Dior.com received a new shipment and I bought from that. We'll after reading your unfortunate issue with Dior, I will MOST DEFINITELY be videotaping my unboxing! This is the first time I ordered an item that cost $4,900 plus tax online and with Dior. Oh God, PLEASE DO NOT LET ME HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY ORDER! Please keep us updated. Don't give up. Call and request to speak to someone higher then the lady you spoke to and keep going up the chain. Get an email address too as you want a paper trail and do your followups that way. Make sure to get the name if EVERY person you talk to. I would even go on Yelp and on Goggle. Find a Dior (it won't be Dior.com but at this point, who cares) and write the issue you are having. Whomever monitors Dior will get your poor review and reach out to you thru goggle or Yelp. Believe me, they will not want your complaint and issue out there for all to read! If you get fed up, push to return the bag. Even if you are pass the 30 day return policy I would have them agree to make an exception for the return as you waited through the investigation for the strap as you EXPECTED Dior to have superb customer satisfaction, especially as we are talking about a strap replacement that is literally a chain and not a bag nor the $1200 or $1500 bag straps they sell. This is insane! Uuugh! I'm fired up about this! Ridiculous!

It is a real shame for the OP and I'm sure it's one of the few unfortunate incidents that don't happen often. It's unfortunate the customer service agent was not more helpful. I've ordered from their online store a number of times over the years. Since finding my SA in London, I've mainly ordered through him unless they're out of stock at the store but he can still order from the warehouse in France for me (which is where stock from the online store comes from) and I've also ordered online directly from the website a few times in the last year and have never experienced any issues with the items I received.

I'm sure your order will be fine and meet the usual exacting high quality standards of Dior, don't worry :smile: