lordie, these scarves sure do add up . . . .

Aug 22, 2006
hello, my name is DQ and i'm an hermes scarf addict.

i don't know what posessed me to do this, but i counted my scarves last night -- 70+.

then i did something even dumber: i tried to figure out what i spent on them. even under-estimating at $200 each, that's over $14,000!!!! :wtf:

and i'm still surfing ebay to look for more. :Push:

Hi DQ, and welcome to this 12-step meeting of Scarfie's Anonymous (aka SAs)

I'll walk you through the steps really quickly.

Step 1: Count all your scarves. Lay them out, handle them, fold, them, ooh and aah over them.

Step 2-11: Repeat step one

Step 12: Go to the boutiques and recruit more scarves for steps 1-11.

Oh wait. Am I supposed to help bring you to some sense of sanity regarding scarves? Because if so, I'm kicking your behind on number/$ spent, so you maybe you'd want to talk to someone else. I'm really best at encouraging money to disappear. In fact, I'll just disappear myself. There MUST be a scarf out there I haven't used yet. (Doing the Homer Simpson, eyes-half-shut drool sound)

so funny because just this morning i opened a bag in my closet and found like 2 scarves i forgot about. i have only been collecting short time and lordie is right. i keep syaing i am going to pare down but um, that hasn't happened yet. think of it this way- you have one hell of a fabulous collection.

The correct system for totatling HS purchase is the HSE Hermes Scarf Equivalent , not the dollar, yaun, yen or whatever
1 carre = 1 HSE
1 pochette =1/3 HSE
1 pointu = 2/3 HSE

so, 50 carres =50 HSE ! A much more agreeable number !:tup::roflmfao:

hello, my name is DQ and i'm an hermes scarf addict.

i don't know what posessed me to do this, but i counted my scarves last night -- 70+.

then i did something even dumber: i tried to figure out what i spent on them. even under-estimating at $200 each, that's over $14,000!!!! :wtf:

and i'm still surfing ebay to look for more. :Push: