HBO: Succession

You're right it's urinary track infections. It can make a person delirious. Remember in first season Logan peed on the office or home carpet? Or that instance when he was bedridden and he mistook Shiv to be Marcia and put her hand on his male parts? Logan has serious health issues that goes way back. He definitely needs someone to step up, but none of his kids can. So sad.
I read he was supposed to die in the first season but the show-runners realized he was too valuable a character to kill off.

• Wow
Reactions: Grande Latte
I never even heard of that side effect until a few years ago. Not only are you old, you have these potential issues to deal with.
My mother had a couple of UTIs towards the end and they were scary--she was totally out of it. Once they were taken care of she reverted back to normal--sort of. It was like they had taken a piece of her away. Made me start chugging water, juice, whatever big time. And I had never heard of this awful affect until it happened to her.

I read he was supposed to die in the first season but the show-runners realized he was too valuable a character to kill off.
it's amazing sometimes how shows these days will kill off important characters.....I'm watching Game of Thrones and they killed off one of the most important characters in the first season. but they were following the book so I guess they didn't really have a choice.

Reactions: kemilia and lulilu
Wow. I feel really sorry for Tom. I couldn't imagine being in his shoes and married to someone who doesn't show enough empathy.

Shiv is definitely smitten with Selgado. Bye-bye Tom.

All the Roy children are extremely self centered. Is there something going on between Roman and the new presidential nominee (Jared)? Some vibe in the bathroom?

They each pick the candidate that will help them reign WayStar. Too bad Kendall isn't in the room.

Wow. I feel really sorry for Tom. I couldn't imagine being in his shoes and married to someone who doesn't show enough empathy.

Shiv is definitely smitten with Selgado. Bye-bye Tom.

All the Roy children are extremely self centered. Is there something going on between Roman and the new presidential nominee (Jared)? Some vibe in the bathroom?

They each pick the candidate that will help them reign WayStar. Too bad Kendall isn't in the room.
I noticed that with Roman too....wonder if he's gay but hasn't actually been sexually active yet

There was definitely sexual tension with Roman in that bathroom, but it may not mean anything.

I didn't like this episode. Too much time spent on politics and introducing people we don't know and don't care about. I'd rather the president was off screen, just being referred to as The Raisin.

Feeling very sorry for Tom though. I wouldn't say Shiv doesn't show enough empathy, rather, I don't think she loves Tom very much.

There was definitely sexual tension with Roman in that bathroom, but it may not mean anything.

I didn't like this episode. Too much time spent on politics and introducing people we don't know and don't care about. I'd rather the president was off screen, just being referred to as The Raisin.

Feeling very sorry for Tom though. I wouldn't say Shiv doesn't show enough empathy, rather, I don't think she loves Tom very much.
Many reviewers agree with you. I continue to wish that these people would speak in complete sentences without so many trendy references. Oh and not use the F word in every sentence. It doesn't make for good dialogue. I guess this is a sign that I am old lol!

So funny that you all think Mencken and Roman have a bromance. My takeaway was that Shiv is going to end up having an affair with Mencken. She doesn't love Tom at all. I really don't see why she married him except that she just wanted to get married, but she doesn't really strike me as that sort of woman. Tom's refusal to sleep with her because she is still on BC says a lot. I also have the feeling that Matthew Macfayden is at the end of his three year contract and may not want to continue the character. He story about his obsession with going to prison is getting old and the only time he gets to do something is either with Greg or Kendall. Sending him to prison would effectively get rid of the character.

Kendall continues to be more pathetic. He is acting clueless and that was not the impression I had of him in the first two seasons.

Many reviewers agree with you. I continue to wish that these people would speak in complete sentences without so many trendy references. Oh and not use the F word in every sentence. It doesn't make for good dialogue. I guess this is a sign that I am old lol!

So funny that you all think Mencken and Roman have a bromance. My takeaway was that Shiv is going to end up having an affair with Mencken. She doesn't love Tom at all. I really don't see why she married him except that she just wanted to get married, but she doesn't really strike me as that sort of woman. Tom's refusal to sleep with her because she is still on BC says a lot. I also have the feeling that Matthew Macfayden is at the end of his three year contract and may not want to continue the character. He story about his obsession with going to prison is getting old and the only time he gets to do something is either with Greg or Kendall. Sending him to prison would effectively get rid of the character.

Kendall continues to be more pathetic. He is acting clueless and that was not the impression I had of him in the first two seasons.
I don't think shive loves tom either. I'm actually kinda surprised she's interested in him sexually. She seems smarter than him and very narcissistic. so don't know if she would be in love with anyone.

Reactions: gracekelly
I don't think shive loves tom either. I'm actually kinda surprised she's interested in him sexually. She seems smarter than him and very narcissistic. so don't know if she would be in love with anyone.
I believe he does love her, but the fact that she was Logan's daughter made it soooo much easier. He has played his cards right with Logan so far, but Logan is a tricky customer and it may mean nothing in the long run. I don't think she really is interested in him sexually just based on what happened between them right before the wedding. She told him that she thought they would have an open marriage and he wasn't keen on that idea. She basically backed off on it, but later on the yacht, she was arranging a threesome with a woman who worked on the yacht. That didn't happen because Tom didn't want to do it. Maybe she married him because she thought he was safe and wouldn't make waves since he worked for her father. Just another form of control. Everyone in this family wants to think they are in control when you stop and think about it. They think they are and then they get shot down either by Logan or what is happening around them.

I have a feeling Shiv is going to partner up with Kendall. Maybe she'll voice her anger with Roy over him ignoring her input/treating her like $hit, yet again, and Tom will mention it's less likely he'll go to prison if they both team up with Kendall??

Reactions: lulilu
I believe he does love her, but the fact that she was Logan's daughter made it soooo much easier. He has played his cards right with Logan so far, but Logan is a tricky customer and it may mean nothing in the long run. I don't think she really is interested in him sexually just based on what happened between them right before the wedding. She told him that she thought they would have an open marriage and he wasn't keen on that idea. She basically backed off on it, but later on the yacht, she was arranging a threesome with a woman who worked on the yacht. That didn't happen because Tom didn't want to do it. Maybe she married him because she thought he was safe and wouldn't make waves since he worked for her father. Just another form of control. Everyone in this family wants to think they are in control when you stop and think about it. They think they are and then they get shot down either by Logan or what is happening around them.
funny how we talk about characers as if they are real people....anyway I think Tom loves Shiv but she doesn't love him. I don't think Logan cares for him either - he's using him.

I have a feeling Shiv is going to partner up with Kendall. Maybe she'll voice her anger with Roy over him ignoring her input/treating her like $hit, yet again, and Tom will mention it's less likely he'll go to prison if they both team up with Kendall??
I could see this. The only problem is that Kendall is very pie in the sky and turns on people easily. What he did to Greg and his watch was not nice. He also doesn't seem to be able to follow through on what he says and his actions. His interaction with Lisa the attorney was not good and he acted too juvenile and petulant. I keep thinking what Tom said to Kendall at their last meeting that Logan always comes out OK and Kendall has not.