Does sofa king banned mean what it used to mean?

Yes, we've always done some temp bans :yes:
How many times does someone get banned and come back to life again? I've noticed it with one particular member who has been banned at least twice - maybe three times - and returns (yesterday), then I see was banned again today for the same extremely rude posts that got her banned in the first place.
I guess I'm wondering, how many chances does one get?

*PS: Happy Belated Birthday :flowers: (I only remember cuz of JFK)

Thank you!

So, I admittedly give too much slack (despite popular opinion) and there’s not a hard rule…. We look at how many warnings have been given and if someone is otherwise a great contributor we extend the temp ban. We always look at their warning history, everyone is adequately warned.

How many times does someone get banned and come back to life again? I've noticed it with one particular member who has been banned at least twice - maybe three times - and returns (yesterday), then I see was banned again today for the same extremely rude posts that got her banned in the first place.
I guess I'm wondering, how many chances does one get?

*PS: Happy Belated Birthday :flowers: (I only remember cuz of JFK)

Reactions: V0N1B2
Thank you!

So, I admittedly give too much slack (despite popular opinion) and there’s not a hard rule…. We look at how many warnings have been given and if someone is otherwise a great contributor we extend the temp ban. We always look at their warning history, everyone is adequately warned.
Can you direct me to the posting guidelines re banning? I have been searching without success and would just like to be informed about it. Thank you.

In the "good old days," members were banned for far less IIRC. Ah, good times. lol

I think that Vlad simply doesn't have the same amount of time to monitor single members misdeeds. I've seen some of the interchanges, but IMHO best to scroll on if they are permitted to remain. I guess I am too old to care about such people. JMHO

Last edited:
In the "good old days," members were banned for far less IIRC. Ah, good times. lol

I think that Vlad simply doesn't have the same amount of time to monitor single members misdeeds. I've seen some of the interchanges, but IMHO best to scroll on if they are permitted to remain. JMHO

If one single member has caused dozens of reports and just posted another harassing post I would think time has to be made. That’s why we have a report option. And the posts are not permitted, they are deleted, for good reason. Don’t know why we would all have to put up with this display of terrible behavior. JMHO.

If one single member has caused dozens of reports and just posted another harassing post I would think time has to be made. That’s why we have a report option. And the posts are not permitted, they are deleted, for good reason. Don’t know why we would all have to put up with this display of terrible behavior. JMHO.
Do they still show up if you have the person on ignore? I saw some of the exchanges and agree they were OTT. A bad apple like this seems to show up every once in a while. Wouldn't it help to out the resale account name? When someone seems to be unhinged, there seems to be no reason to try to have a dialogue; it just escalates (the old saying "a hit dog will hollar" seems to apply here).

Do they still show up if you have the person on ignore? I saw some of the exchanges and agree they were OTT. A bad apple like this seems to show up every once in a while. Wouldn't it help to out the resale account name? When someone seems to be unhinged, there seems to be no reason to try to have a dialogue; it just escalates (the old saying "a hit dog will hollar" seems to apply here).
I understand what you are saying. But just to be clear: it’s not the fact that she’s a reseller that is the problem here. Plenty of those (closeted or not) on the forum. Annoying at times? Yes. Against the forum rules? No. It’s specifically her insulting, threatening, harassing and trolling members, publicly on the forum as well as via PMs. (Maybe you’re not seeing the actual posts I am talking about, because they are reported and then deleted, I don’t know.) That’s against the rules and should be reason for intervention.
It’s a rather backwards world we live in if all the forum members have to put her on ignore in order to not see her profanities, instead of addressing the root of the problem.

I understand what you are saying. But just to be clear: it’s not the fact that she’s a reseller that is the problem here. Plenty of those (closeted or not) on the forum. Annoying at times? Yes. Against the forum rules? No. It’s specifically her insulting, threatening, harassing and trolling members, publicly on the forum as well as via PMs. (Maybe you’re not seeing the actual posts I am talking about, because they are reported and then deleted, I don’t know.) That’s against the rules and should be reason for intervention.
It’s a rather backwards world we live in if all the forum members have to put her on ignore in order to not see her profanities, instead of addressing the root of the problem.
I understand. No excuse for her behavior. It seem so few are banned, one might try to figure a way of avoiding that member.

Hi!
We don’t discuss members with members, nor do we allow members to openly talk about others.
We are fair and closely monitor ALL involved, and it’s rarely a person acting alone.
No one should’ve been participating in drama.
Vlad has good backup in place here as he and Megs aren’t here all day everyday.

We still ban and temp ban, of course. Please don’t find yourself baiting or being baited into silly online drama that ruins everyone’s experience here. :tender:

Reactions: lulilu