What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

I’m increasingly annoyed by people who INSIST that you don’t need an SA to get a quota bag. That you can walk in to any H location and simply ask! Sis, you and I both know that in the year 2021, the likelihood of this happening is close to 0% in many locations. Maybe for those local to boutiques in Europe, it’s different! Or maybe for those who have a lime 35 B or a bleu frida 40 K on their wishlist.

I’m increasingly annoyed by people who INSIST that you don’t need an SA to get a quota bag. That you can walk in to any H location and simply ask! Sis, you and I both know that in the year 2021, the likelihood of this happening is close to 0% in many locations. Maybe for those local to boutiques in Europe, it’s different! Or maybe for those who have a lime 35 B or a bleu frida 40 K on their wishlist.
Agreed. However, the proof is self evident. If all it took was walking into the store and making a quick request, everyone would do so and no one would be foolish enough to choose to repeatedly spend 3x as much with an internet stranger for a potentially questionably authentic item instead. I’m sure there is sometimes a rare miracle but I guarantee there are far more liars (and folks that get lucky in Paris).

OMG!!! I swear this is inspired by a fabulous octogenarian I encountered in Miami south beach a few years ago-She was dressed head to toe in Purple hand knit and had....wait for it...a purple hand knit home made shopping trolly affair that was EXACTLY this shape with a skateboard as its base.
In fact it was THIS bag in hand knit!
Thats hilarious-Someone on the H design team must have spotted her too! :lol:
Wish I'd done a 'wildlife sighting' the resemblance is uncanny!

She works for H now.

Tell me! I came across as a fool when I explained to my friend how the H game works but multiple ppl posted under her YT videos comments - "I got Birkin by just walking in, you don't need any spend there" in that tone of voice that made me feel like a total loser :shocked: As you say, what they didn't say it was xxx years ago and it surely was B35. My friend kept waiting after just turning up and requesting a B30, eventually she started purchasing things and coming to the store quite often and after a year she got epsom B30 (it wasn't top of her wishlist). And we are talking about generous new Polish store.

OMG!!! I swear this is inspired by a fabulous octogenarian I encountered in Miami south beach a few years ago-She was dressed head to toe in Purple hand knit and had....wait for it...a purple hand knit home made shopping trolly affair that was EXACTLY this shape with a skateboard as its base.
In fact it was THIS bag in hand knit!
Thats hilarious-Someone on the H design team must have spotted her too! :lol:
Wish I'd done a 'wildlife sighting' the resemblance is uncanny!
I saw the skateboard bolide and wondered how they came up with that idea. This all makes sense now.

I looove to wear H-scarves and shawls and Maxi-Twillys ... - but have to go to tpf here to meet fellow H-scarf-lovers.
(hardly see anyone but me wearing them, though tons - brand new - from private resellers)

I would agree with that unpopular 'opinion' with one exception. I belong to a club with many women academics, lady lawyers and females in finance (City of London). In meetings, I often play guess the H scarf, format and season to myself, more silk in a room than downstairs at H NBS.

I would agree with that unpopular 'opinion' with one exception. I belong to a club with many women academics, lady lawyers and females in finance (City of London). In meetings, I often play guess the H scarf, format and season to myself, more silk in a room than downstairs at H NBS.
Sounds like the kind of club I’d enjoy!! :cool: