Help me choose a new bag!

New2Coach

O.G.
Jul 26, 2007
Girls I need help deciding. I have no access to the bags IRL so I need some opinions from you all who have one or more of these bags. I am looking at the Legacy Shoulder, Satchel, and Mandy. I prefer only having one strap so I think the satchel is out. I am scared the shoulder bag will be too small, but the Mandy will be too big. I usually carry a full size wallet, cell phone, keys, checkbook, lots of misc. and sometimes *if* I have room I might throw in a bottle for my 9 month old.
Also I really want the leather, but my dh and I am worried about the scuffing. How bad is it if I get it in black? He likes the denim, but I want the cute legacy fabric inside, and sadly the denim does not have it. I have looked at the pics in the Legacy thread, but I am still unsure. Please sell me your favorite bag!Oh, pics wearing it or showing it filled is always appreciated!
Thnaks soooo much! (BTW-I was never interested in the new Legacy until I saw all of you all with those beautiful new purses!):heart::heart::heart:

How about an Ali? It's bigger than the shoulder bag, but smaller than the Mandy. I have 2 shoulder bags and an Ali, and the shoulder bags will hold most of what you said, but the only thing I would worry about would be the bottle fitting. If you're worried about the Mandy being too big, I would go with the Ali. Here's mine with random junk in it (a medium size notebook, checkbook wallet, sunglass case, wristlet, compact, phone, pens, haircolor (totally random), etc.).......

2007_06130007.jpg

2007_06130008.jpg

Definately the Mandy.

The Satchel is not a shoulder bag & if you have a little one not practical IMO. From the description of stuff you carry the shoulder bag will be WAY too small for you. The Mandy is big but I don't think overly so.

If you click on my name & look for some of my past posts you'll find one with pics of me modeling my Mandy. (for reference I'm about 5'6" & a size 10.

ETA Here I made it easier! http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-new-est-mandy-the-unveiling-147484.html

This is a tough one for me because I own a Mandy, an Ali and the legacy satchel.
The satchel is definately not a shoulder bag, but I do have a 2 year old and don't find it to be all that cumbersome when I carry it. However with a 9 month old that is a different story...I don't think I coud have carried this bag when he was smaller and not walking.
Since you really want a bag with one strap though I would say go for either the Mandy or the Ali. The Ali is smaller but still has plenty of room. You can't go wrong with either bag!

I agree, ali or mandy. I like the satchel, but it is not a shoulder bag... the shoulder bag itself I have tried, but it is a lot smaller, doesn't hang low.. kind of takes up right under the arm... I think the mandy would be great for you, and I love how you can get right into it, the top zips and you can leave it open if you want.. it opens nice and wide.. you can fit a LOT.. the ali I like, but you have to open the flap EVERYtime with the turnlock.. especially w/ a baby this could be a pain. I just got my mandy in black so can't tell you about scratches, but I think the main ones that scratch are the whiskey and naturals. Good LUck!!! :tup:

Thanks so much. I think I have decided on the much loved Mandy. Now I just need to find one at a great price;). I really think the Ali is adorable, but I like the zippered top closure over a flap. So the Mandy it is.!:wlae:

How about an Ali? It's bigger than the shoulder bag, but smaller than the Mandy. I have 2 shoulder bags and an Ali, and the shoulder bags will hold most of what you said, but the only thing I would worry about would be the bottle fitting. If you're worried about the Mandy being too big, I would go with the Ali. Here's mine with random junk in it (a medium size notebook, checkbook wallet, sunglass case, wristlet, compact, phone, pens, haircolor (totally random), etc.).......

2007_06130007.jpg

2007_06130008.jpg

I can't believe how much that fits.