The new (but old) Diana bag

Hi everyone! I've inherited the OG Diana (see pics) but need help with restoring it. The outside is perfect apart from the slight indentation because of the handles. The real problem is the sticky, peeling lining. I gently brushed off some of them and it revealed a cream fabric-like interior? Any idea if this is fabric or just leather? I'm searching on line for tips on how to remedy this. Any help is appreciated.
I have a vintage one in black and I had the sticky flaking lining issue and there is nothing you can do. I looked up remedies and none of them work. I took it to my shoemaker and he relined the bag in leather. He did a great job and it looks perfect. My research revealed that this was a very common problem with Gucci bags of this era and I think the company should be ashamed for using a cheap lining that degraded into a sticky mess.

I wrap the bamboo handles in tissue paper when it is stored in the keeper bag. I have several Gucci bamboo handle bags and I have never had any issues with handles changing shape. The thing you need to watch out for is something heavy resting on the handle and cracking it.

I just ordered the medium black Diana, what are your thoughts on me getting pink replacement handle straps? How does pink look on the black? I was so torn on which colors outside of neon yellow go well with black.

Reactions: rose80
I was thinking about purchasing the black small bag also with the pink handle straps. Has anyone purchased this in store and asked to substitute the neon yellow for pink?
I watched a shopping vlog where the SA said the straps aren't interchangeable but can be purchased separately if you prefer an additional color option. Or maybe you could find someone to trade with?

Reactions: clzclzclz
Hi! I just got mine and I love it so much that I want to get another one but in a bigger size when I carry more. Would be dumb to do so? I'm debating between that or just going for a Dior Bobby instead.
i just bought the small black version and I have a quick question - do your bamboo handles stay in the upright position when your bag is not in use? Thanks for your help.