Is this wear normal?

Spinky

I want all the bags
O.G.
Jun 25, 2007
See how the red edging is rubbing off where the metal link attaches the handle? Is this normal? This is my first & only LV at this time, so I'm not sure what to expect. Only had her for about 2 weeks (of course I've used her everyday since then!)

Thanks!

IMG_0024 [640x480].JPG

I don't think this is normal, it really shouldn't be happening...It seems like the red glaze used to seal off the vachetta doesn't have much lasting power and has come off, and this in turn might cause future fraying of the vachetta.

I think you should bring it to the boutique if you purchased from them and exchange it as this is definitely a flaw. Which bag is it btw? Could it be the ellipse? :smile:

This hasn't happened to my Speedy yet (have had it for about 1.5 years now), but I think it's a part of normal wear & tear...It doesn't really affect the bag. But if threads start to come loose or the leather starts to tear, then take it to your boutique. If you're really concerned, take it to your boutique and see what they say

Okay - thanks guys! :balloon:I'm not an overly picky person, so I can handle a little wear & tear, but only if it's normal! I'm heading to the boutique in a couple of weeks anyhow, so I'll show it to them at that time.

There was actually a post recently about things to look out for when you buy a new LV and she touched on checking the glaze of the leather. It seems to me that this is normal but it can cause problems in the future. if you still have time, why don't you exchange it.

There was actually a post recently about things to look out for when you buy a new LV and she touched on checking the glaze of the leather. It seems to me that this is normal but it can cause problems in the future. if you still have time, why don't you exchange it.

Can anyone provide a link to this thread? I remember seeing it, but can't find it now. Thanks!