VCA Earrings Worn in Second Piercing

marialc121

O.G.
Sep 25, 2010
Hi Everyone! I’m shopping for earrings for my second hole piercing and am curious to know/see if anyone wears theirVCA pieces in their second hole. I would love to see some mod shots to get some ideas! Thank you! :love:

How many holes do you have in each ear? I think only having two will be difficult and look awkward and crammed. I have four holes on each lobe. I can only wear vintage size Alhambras in the first hole. The 2nd hole is too close to place a vintage (or even sweet) earring in the hole, unless you leave the first hole free or have very thin small hoops (almost like huggies). When I wear my vintage, I only wear them in the first hole. Then, in the 2nd, I wear very thin, small gold hoops. The 3rd and 4th holes have diamond studs the larger of the two going in the 3rd. I suppose if you wanted to wear vintage in the first hole and a sweet in the 3rd or 4th that would work, but I dont think I'd like that look...too much Alhambra in such a small area (lobe)

How many holes do you have in each ear? I think only having two will be difficult and look awkward and crammed. I have four holes on each lobe. I can only wear vintage size Alhambras in the first hole. The 2nd hole is too close to place a vintage (or even sweet) earring in the hole, unless you leave the first hole free or have very thin small hoops (almost like huggies). When I wear my vintage, I only wear them in the first hole. Then, in the 2nd, I wear very thin, small gold hoops. The 3rd and 4th holes have diamond studs the larger of the two going in the 3rd. I suppose if you wanted to wear vintage in the first hole and a sweet in the 3rd or 4th that would work, but I dont think I'd like that look...too much Alhambra in such a small area (lobe)
So you don’t think the butterfly sweets will work in the second hole? I was considering a third set of piercings but don’t want to go too far as im trying to figure out this curated ear thing

Reactions: glamourbag
So you don’t think the butterfly sweets will work in the second hole? I was considering a third set of piercings but don’t want to go too far as im trying to figure out this curated ear thing
I hadn't thought of the sweet butterfly but it might work....You want to keep your diamond studs in the first hole correct? If so, they may work better than the sweet Alhambra as you can position/angle the butterfly. Think of the position the sweet butterfly hangs by its wing on the sweet necklace in pic #1 (rather than wearing them straight across pic#2). With the sweet Alhambra you couldn't do that as it is the same measurement all around.

1626943.png

1626816.png

Reactions: missie1
Not great when I tried it. I sent turquoise sweet clover earring back because they just didn’t work with my studs. It was so weird. I’m waiting on the butterfly studs to come.
Thanks for the pic! I’m now curious to see how the butterfly studs will look.
I have only two holes. I was also thinking of wearing a diamond studs with a VCA earring in the second hole but I may have to rethink the idea.

I hadn't thought of the sweet butterfly but it might work....You want to keep your diamond studs in the first hole correct? If so, they may work better than the sweet Alhambra as you can position/angle the butterfly. Think of the position the sweet butterfly hangs by its wing on the sweet necklace in pic #1 (rather than wearing them straight across pic#2). With the sweet Alhambra you couldn't do that as it is the same measurement all around.

View attachment 5226149

View attachment 5226150
I am thinking to angle the butterfly and keep my studs in 1st hole. I am also thinking about getting diamond hoops to wear with the butterfly’s for a edgier look sometimes.

Reactions: marialc121
I am thinking to angle the butterfly and keep my studs in 1st hole. I am also thinking about getting diamond hoops to wear with the butterfly’s for a edgier look sometimes.
Yes, then if you angle them they are more likely to work with the stud. Ohhh, I like the sound of the diamond hoops with them!!!!! Show us when you get them if you don’t mind!!!! I bet that will look so nice.

Reactions: missie1
If you have only two piercings in your ears just wearing one Vintage earring in each ear will the other piercing (hole) be covered by that one earring so you don’t need to wear two earrings? :flowers:
No the vintage won’t cover hole #2 (unless the two are super close to each other) but they are close, hence wearing anything in the second hole can’t be too big. Thin or small earrings can work but for ex you can’t put vintage and vintage next to one another in hole 1 & 2 due to limited space. It also not a nice look when they are crammed together. It’s so fun to try looks though and now there are so many tiny pieces from places like Maria Tash etc which offer small backings too (which is half the battle as big backings end up feeling annoying the more piercings you have)

Oh I forgot to add… I think the mini frivole is another option. I don’t recall where I read it, but I remember someone mentioning the mini frivole can work in the second hole so that’s something to keep in mind. Don’t hold me to it as I’ve never tried it myself but the frivole shape should allow for that.

Oh I forgot to add… I think the mini frivole is another option. I don’t recall where I read it, but I remember someone mentioning the mini frivole can work in the second hole so that’s something to keep in mind. Don’t hold me to it as I’ve never tried it myself but the frivole shape should allow for that.
I did not think of that! I have the mini Frivole. I will need to try them on and see. Thanks for the idea! :flowers: