isit worth it to invest in a twilly?

worth it to get a twilly?

• Total voters

patarrol

May 8, 2020
hey guys! i've been considering whether to invest in a LV bb bandeau / Dior mitzah for a year now mainly to protect my bag's handle and/or use it to just accessorise the bag a little! will definitely be switching around my bags depending on which one i use on that day so i'll practically to be using it daily! however the price really got me considering for this long isit worth it to get one?

14B2AEB6-0A84-4095-88C0-48A42D64666B.jpeg

I have a few twillies from Dior and I love the one you showed. I know they are not as cheap as some other brands but I like how they are reversible. I purchase them mainly to protect the handles and I don’t regret purchasing them because they really help. What’s your budget? I also had some inexpensive ones but I can tell that the quality is very different from Dior.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I have a few twillies from Dior and I love the one you showed. I know they are not as cheap as some other brands but I like how they are reversible. I purchase them mainly to protect the handles and I don’t regret purchasing them because they really help. What’s your budget? I also had some inexpensive ones but I can tell that the quality is very different from Dior.
i was actually looking at these cheaper alternatives! but ultimately the Dior ones are really pretty

Attachments

• AE30F7EB-24FF-4ED0-8FA7-D40100E68EF8.jpeg
    AE30F7EB-24FF-4ED0-8FA7-D40100E68EF8.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 02F08258-40C8-4B3F-A39C-48EDC3DDCC81.jpeg
    02F08258-40C8-4B3F-A39C-48EDC3DDCC81.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 53AD28C7-800D-46C1-90F4-9291A6FC9D44.jpeg
    53AD28C7-800D-46C1-90F4-9291A6FC9D44.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 33
Disclaimer, I have Hermes Twillys - and only 3. I bought them to protect my bag handles too.

FYI: not all handles are shaped to work with these silk 'ribbons', high-gradient shapes, round handles, smooth leather makes the silk slide all the time and you have to keep retying - however good a twirler/tier you are.

Mitzahs/Bandeaus:

If you're thinking about value, and comparing it to generics, I think it's more worth it if you have Dior bags (or bags) to protect. If you have more LVs, I'd go for the Bandeaus.

Even if not all your bags are Dior or LV, you are literally dressing them up so yes, it may be worth it.

There are plenty of other ways of using a Mitzah too.

I love them! With an H twilly, you get less fabric for the price but I LOVE their patterns. Since they are smaller, they work well on the handles of mini bags, or just bags with shorter handles. LV bandeaus are nicely sized, but I tend to like fewer of the patterns. I own 3 Mitzahs and really like them. The patterns are wonderful and I don’t find the size skimpy.
I also tie these on my bags for fun (I don’t use them only to wrap handles) so they are worth it to me. I can see why they might seem frivolous to others. They are also cute to tie on a ponytail or wrap around the wrist. :smile:

If you love them and will use them, why not? :biggrin:
i just realised that
Disclaimer, I have Hermes Twillys - and only 3. I bought them to protect my bag handles too.

FYI: not all handles are shaped to work with these silk 'ribbons', high-gradient shapes, round handles, smooth leather makes the silk slide all the time and you have to keep retying - however good a twirler/tier you are.

Mitzahs/Bandeaus:

If you're thinking about value, and comparing it to generics, I think it's more worth it if you have Dior bags (or bags) to protect. If you have more LVs, I'd go for the Bandeaus.

Even if not all your bags are Dior or LV, you are literally dressing them up so yes, it may be worth it.

There are plenty of other ways of using a Mitzah too.
i just realised that i'll be able to make use of a twilly on 3/5 of my bags! so i guess itll be a worth splurge afterall?

Attachments

• 796C3D23-222B-42C0-BD99-ABB169BF4D56.jpeg
    796C3D23-222B-42C0-BD99-ABB169BF4D56.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 40
Just a couple of data points from my experience. I got my book tote while traveling pre-covid and added a mitzah because it looked fun and wasn't too $$$. It looked *GREAT* when the SA tied it on the bag, but after a couple of days it slipped around a bit and I couldn't ever tie it back on as nicely as the SA did. When I took the book tote for personalization to my home Dior, they took it off and I forgot where I put it and haven't seen it since *shrug*. I use my book tote quite a bit and haven't noticed any discoloration or issues with the handles. I'd think of a twilly as a fun accessory if you want one, but be aware if you're switching it around that your wrap/tie may not be as sharp as the SA's (or maybe it will be! It could be I am just bad at wrapping one elegantly!)

A trick I learned from an Hermès SA is that she pulled the silk twilly really tight with each loop created when doing up a bag's handles. She told me that silk is really strong and we shouldn't be afraid to wrap the handles securely, this way the twilly would be less likely to move around and loosen over time. It does take practice to tie these pretty things on though!

Just a couple of data points from my experience. I got my book tote while traveling pre-covid and added a mitzah because it looked fun and wasn't too $$$. It looked *GREAT* when the SA tied it on the bag, but after a couple of days it slipped around a bit and I couldn't ever tie it back on as nicely as the SA did. When I took the book tote for personalization to my home Dior, they took it off and I forgot where I put it and haven't seen it since *shrug*. I use my book tote quite a bit and haven't noticed any discoloration or issues with the handles. I'd think of a twilly as a fun accessory if you want one, but be aware if you're switching it around that your wrap/tie may not be as sharp as the SA's (or maybe it will be! It could be I am just bad at wrapping one elegantly!)
unfortunately my LV alma bb's handle has grown spots on it (typical vachetta i guess) so i was thinking a twilly could hide it