Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

Here's the zipper on my Small Raisin Jodie. Worn only once and purchased brand new at my BV boutique. The distress is totally intentional. I prefer it to highly polished hardware that seems to highlight every scratch I put on it.View attachment 5216418
Thank you! That is so good to know. I agree it actually wears better than gleaming and easily scratched hardware!

Reactions: Evergreen602
Mine has the same “distressed” hardware. There isn’t an actual scratch or anything, just speckles that can be seen on certain angles. I also prefer it over a high shine finish as this will hopefully make any actual scratches more discreet.
View attachment 5216639View attachment 5216640
Thank you! I prefer this finish also. So glad it is meant to have a “distressed” look. The zipper really isn’t even that noticeable on the bag and who looks at the zipper when the bag itself is like a piece of art!

Mine has the same “distressed” hardware. There isn’t an actual scratch or anything, just speckles that can be seen on certain angles. I also prefer it over a high shine finish as this will hopefully make any actual scratches more discreet.
View attachment 5216639View attachment 5216640
I think this finish was more on the old mini Jodie’s from 2020 with the old shape. The new ones I’ve seen don’t have this.

Hey! I love seeing everyone's Jodie's

I am convinced I need one! I am unsure of what color, I wear a lot of dark colors so color transfer is always on my mind
I love the lighter colors, but tend to shy away from them because I fear color transfer on the lambskin as well. The dark colors are gorgeous, though. If it helps, I find my Raisin Jodie has some contrast against other dark colors. It is still dark enough I am not concerned about color transfer. What size are you considering?

Hey! I love seeing everyone's Jodie's

I am convinced I need one! I am unsure of what color, I wear a lot of dark colors so color transfer is always on my mind
I think it depends on the size you chose and how frequently you plan on wearing it. Darker colors in general are indeed more worry free and Bottega has gorgeous colors in all shades anyways (think racing green, mallard, cinnabar, raintree…). I don’t feel any of these colors are “delicate”.

I love the lighter colors, but tend to shy away from them because I fear color transfer on the lambskin as well. The dark colors are gorgeous, though. If it helps, I find my Raisin Jodie has some contrast against other dark colors. It is still dark enough I am not concerned about color transfer. What size are you considering?

It does help! I'm considering the mini Jodie. I love the larger size but I am very short.

Reactions: Evergreen602
It does help! I'm considering the mini Jodie. I love the larger size but I am very short.
The small Jodie isn’t as big as it looks on pictures. Personally I find it more functional than the mini for daily use. I would advise you to try both sizes before deciding.
It also looks like bigger hobo bags are back in style and we will get used on seeing “big” bags again vs minis in the past years. Looks like we’re going to keep carrying masks, hand sanitizers and creams for a while…

I don't have any Jodies but lately the medium Jodie in Bianco has been calling to me even though my better instincts should probably prevail against it (I'm petite and worry about the fact that it may start looking dirty quickly due to the light colour). The photos that I keep finding of it online make it look so appealing though!

Last edited: